Thread: One Year Update

One Year Update

First, my apologies for my absence in this area of the forum. But I am hoping you may understand somewhat after reading this post.

Today is the one year anniversary of joining this on-line forum. Since that time, a lot has happened with me, so I thought I would update you all. So here goes.

As of right now, I am separated from my wife. This came as a result of diagnosis of strong Gender Dysphoria and starting to transition. I started laser hair removal back in the mid winter and am just about complete on that. I have also started electrolysis for removal of grey facial hair ...stupid facial hair!! And that is going really well! It hurts a bit, but for me, not as much as laser.

I am out to everyone in my family including my two daughters, both of which are okay with it and the oldest (she's 26) is actually my biggest cheer leader!! My sister, her husband and kids, and my brother, his wife and their kids are 1,000% on board and have been wonderfully supportive. I have informed my boss, and she was extremely supportive and is doing everything she can to make the whole process at work go smoothly. Long story short, going full time for ever including work next July. We have a very strong LGBT committee at work as well as a TG Bill of rights that is strictly enforced by our Human Rights Office, and now, by my boss.

I have started HRT, having been on testosterone blockers for the past 6 or 7 weeks. Feeling great! So far, my blood work is where it should be for this stage, so all is good with that. So, I have been spending what little time I have available on the transgender side of this forum. Please know that this doesn't mean that I have forgotten about any of you. I think often of all the friends I have made on the forum in the past year. I hope you are all doing well!! And thanks to all of you who have stayed in touch via PM. Happy to do that for sure!!

Here's to the next 365 !!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    That's great, Erin! So glad that things are progressing so well for you, and that you have such fantastic support

Nice to hear from you Erin, and sorry to hear of your separation but if that is accompanied by you finding a better balance and harmony in your life, then that has to be a Good Thing!

And to have the support of family, friends and employer - well, all good too...

Of course, you know so many will be saying you're yet another exception that disproves the 'CDers never transition' rule - or is that, proves the 'TS don't crossdress' rule...? I don't know - I still find it all very confusing... But you came here a year ago with a fairly confident expression that your feminine side was rather more than dominant, so I think we can all be pleased for you that you've made progress towards an open and honest goal.

Onward...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Wow,
    You really are stunning Katey

Aspiring Member
    Erin, you're an inspiration - even to those of us who choose not to transition. You are absolutely lovely and I hope the next year goes even better than the one just finished (well, except for the separation).

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Erin;

Can I simply say... You've come a long way baby!!!!!

Good for you. Be happy... Be yourself.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    Very pleased for you, Erin. It sounds like you have things well in hand! Congratulations on recognizing the woman within you and bringing her out to show the rest of the world.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Platinum Member
    Hi Erin Girl, I wish you all the best in your new life's journeys.

May all of paths be covered with ROSE PETALS & SUNSHINE .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!