Thread: "Thank you, young lady!"

"Thank you, young lady!"

Like many of you I've had a number of TG firsts over the years, but yesterday was a new one that I just had to share. Yesterday Sue and I had gone to our salon for manicures and eyebrow waxing, then went to our favorite market for some things for a party tonight. At the deli counter I'd ordered some cold cuts, and the nice gentleman behind the counter asked "Will that be all?" "Yes, thanks very much." Then: "Thank you, young lady. You have a wonderful day." Now I'm 72 (probably don't look it) but the neck has turkey wattles and the other wrinkles are obvious. I'm sure that I blushed and mumbled something. (Even though he probably says that to other elderly ladies, I still was not prepared for a compliment like that ... even after all the times I've been out and about.) I wonder if the guy saw me elevate to Cloud #9. Wow, did THAT ever make my day!

So you all have a great day too!

Hugs,

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Platinum Member
    Hi Claire, Isn't it amazing how dressing up can subtract years off of our appearance.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hi Blue Orchid,

LOL! That reminds me of when ago I bought a Veronica from Classic Curves. In the on-line form they asked about age, and I recall that Espy had added the comment to the effect "your real age, not as young as makeup makes you look" -- or something like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Platinum Member
    It sounds good to me!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gone to live my life
    Hi Claire (aka Young Lady ) . . . what a feel good moment. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Isha

I've had some of my most memorable moments at the deli counter while enfemme or femme male mode. Maybe it's all those additives and salt in the meats or is it the cheese? or the potato salad?
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

You never know, he could have been hitting on you!

Careful I bite <3
    That's awesome Claire! I had a similar feeling for a completely different reason that I posted up here just today.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Things like that do make your day !!!!!

Thanks Claire, your post just brightened my morning.

Karen

Reality Check
    I'm sure he says that to all the ladies, especially older ladies but it was still nice for him to say. It's the kind of customer service attitude that keeps people coming back.

there's something wonderful about old-fashioned charm!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Wow! To get called young and lady in the same breath. That would certainly make my week!

If he said that to me I'd know that it was time for him to get new glasses! I'm 2 year older than Claire.

Hugs, Bria