Thread: Facebook page

Facebook page

Is it possible to have two facebook pages, one for your Bob side and one for your CD side?

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Yes, but if you want to keep the two quite separate, i.e. you do not want your Bob friends to now about your femme side, then you'll need to be very careful. I friended a person on both accounts and a reply to my friend on one account appeared also on the other.

Yes, but Facebook will know. Their job is information gathering. Whether FB outs you, is based on what information you put onto it. One of the 'features' that FB uses is People You May Know, and it will make a connection between your two accounts, if a friend on one account knows a friend of the other, separate, account.
    FB is not out to 'out you', but FB needs to know where you shop, your interests, what you drive, and a million other things, and sooner or later will put an ad for 'Crossdressing super-store' on your male page.
    There is no privacy on FB, so use at your own risk.

Reality Check
    Of course it is. I don't know if it's against the rules or not but nobody follows the rules anyway.

The problem is, as Paula posted, it won't be long before they are connected and you will be out to the world. If that bothers you, don't do it.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I've got both and Face Book regularly offers friends, relatives and acquaintances from my bob-mode life as "People You May Know". I really don't care if I'm outed, so can't be blackmailed over this but I stay in the dark for my wife. That said, we have discussed that we would just accept and own it if it comes out anyway.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I have an account for both and it's a constant worry, but I need it as an outlet where I can be myself and meet others.

Platinum Member
    Hi Joanne, See line #3 in my signature.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've been using that system using 2 different servers and it's been fine!

Except that Sherry has 1000 friends and Robert has 30-----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes.. i have two but as Sherry says one is with Internet explorer and the other with google chrome and do not have problems !!!

I have two Facebook pages, one for Patti (Link to site) and one for Patrick . Each has a separate email address which keeps them unique. I have a few people that know about me and are friends on both sites so on Patrick's site I have blocked Patti which keeps her stuff off the site.
    It's not about gender it's about fashion www.flickr.com/photos/9438546@N08/sets

To follow FB's rules, you would have an account as your legal ID, and from there set up a "Page" for your female alias. You manage the page from your main account, but people see it as a separate entity. The feature is primarily for business use, or for 'entertainers'. You stand a good chance of your Page identity being suggested to your main account's friends, but if you decline and friend requests from people you are not out with, you can deflect some suspicion that it is you.

Setting up an account under a ficticious name is against FB's rules. If/when they catch you, they could suspend your accounts, or force you to recreate your 'fake' page as I cited above.

Either way, you heavily risk having people who know you on FB finding out about the other 'you'. If remaining in the closet is important to you, keep your TG self off Facebook!

Careful I bite <3
    I don't post many pictures there, and I've even seen a friend post on someone's post on my CD side. Still its perfectly possible, and I do recommend doing it in different browsers for a few obvious reasons.

You will be violating Facebooks policy, and depending on how much you stand out people will report you.
    Last edited by Badwolf; 07-19-2015 at 10:57 PM.

Yes very easy just like multiple twitter accounts as well. I basically live 2 lives right now and have 2 of everything. I have more conversations on my female twitter and Facebook page than my male pages. Its actually quite weird but also quite promising.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It has worked fine for me I use a different browser for my girl FB page and I blocked my guy FB page from by girl page.

I run two facebook pages as well and have different emails So far all good

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Yep it's easy to have two concurrently... Even with a few common friends across both there is no 'leakage''. (Not that it matters for me...) Just be ready for inappropriate posts.... You soon be good at blocking!!!
    Call me Donna, please

Banned Read only
    Facebook will, if they find out you are using an alias, remove the page that that is not under your real name:

Quote Originally Posted by Facebook Help Center
    Facebook is a community where people use their authentic identities. We require people to provide the name they use in real life; that way, you always know who you're connecting with. This helps keep our community safe.
    This policy is, of course, quite problematical for people like us. Now they aren't always diligent about enforcing this, but it can happen. Indeed, the person who added the various gender options for Facebook while employed there lost their account because it didn't use their real name. Now there are a lot of FB users, and they may never catch your alias. But they do look for these, and delete them. So just be forewarned.

i have 2 facebook pages for like 3 years now... each is separate and both with different emails...... my female page has a few friends from my male.... but honestly im outed anyways, so im not too concerned about people seeing me..... and when i say common friends, most are family members. but i list my female self as female and use last and first name like anyone would.....

Banned Spammer
    I like this idea. Professionally dangerous perhaps, but at that level, if you're hiring me for my heels and not my brain, then we have a far larger problem because that's not my profession! Think I'll do this.

There are a lot of Facebook users with more than one account. Many get blocked from some site or another, and create another account so they can keep commenting. It doesn't take much looking to spot obviously fictitious names. I suspect Facebook has a little conflict of interest, in that on the one hand they want accounts to use real names and on the other their ad rates are related to the number of accounts to which they can send advertisements.
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

Aspiring Member
    As long as you keep them separated, no same friends on both accounts.

I had 2 FB accounts, one for both worlds. And FB did mix the contacts. I caught it right away and dropped the boy account. Also once you access FB on your phone, ALL those contacts will also be connected. So be careful if you want to keep your CD life separate from work life.
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart." Helen Keller

Would there be any benefit to using your middle name in one of the accounts? You would be using your real name, but only have to tell the vanilla name to vanilla people?