Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was anyone dressed as a girl for Halloween?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Was anyone dressed as a girl for Halloween?

Hi all:

We are not close to Halloween but...

I thought this topic had been covered before, but I don't think it has explicitly. I was curious if anyone else was dressed as a girl for Halloween (when they were, say, between the ages 1 and 12 or so). If so, how did it shape your crossdressing? I was dressed as a girl for Halloween once at age 7 and I discuss that in this thread: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ress-you/page3
    Last edited by maya1love; 07-18-2015 at 07:00 AM.
    Some boys just can't help acting like girls...

My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayatoronto/

My experience is not exactly what you're looking for, I think, because there was no adult involvement in it, but you triggered the memory, so here it is. When I was about 10 years old, my best friend and I decided that we should dress up as an old man and an old lady for Halloween. I had already been crossdressing for years, and it was my most closely guarded secret. NOBODY knew. We needed to decide which of us would be the old man, and which would be the old lady. I was terrified to be the old lady, irrationally thinking that somehow someone would be able to detect or suspect that dressing up as female was something that I did a lot more than just at Halloween. But I also didn't want to make a big issue of it, because that might make it obvious that dressing up was a big thing for me. Can the rest of you girls relate to that kind of paranoia? Imagine my relief when my friend volunteered to be the old lady, so that I could casually say, "Oh, okay then, I'll be the old man," as if it was no big deal to me one way or the other.

Halloween didn't shape my crossdressing. Crossdressing desires shaped my Halloween costume choices. Yes, I did dress up as a girl.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I haven't, yet.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Yeah lori I can understand that kind of paranoia, it's the same as when you go shopping and think everyone knows your buying the clothes for you just because your in the women's section, it's an awful form to have.

When I was a kid I went as a witch one time which consisted of a black bin bag( like dressing as a ghost in a sheet except with a head hole) and a black hat like a cone. As strange as that sounds to me now as far as I recall it was just normal back then for kids to dress as typical "spooky characters" rather than only girls could be witches, I once wanted to be a mummy wrapped in bandages and my grandmother miss heard me as saying mommy and asked where would I get a pram which really annoyed me at the time. Oh to be a kid again.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

That's what got me started on all of this. Everything about it felt just so right. The only question I have is that if a person was to go as a nurse, witch, etc, would that be classified as a double costume? Lol

I never had the guts as a kid. In high school, a girl I was friends with and I somehow came up with this plan that I would come over and she would dress me up, and we would just pass out candy at her house -- I think there was a bet of some kind that no one would notice I wasn't a girl. (My friend thought she could dress me convincingly.) When I went over to try on some of her clothes, I met her dad and he scared me -- he was an FBI agent. I ended up chickening out. I'm sure her dad thought I was just doing it because I liked his daughter.
    When I got married, my wife and I crossdressed twice -- to "save money" on home made costumes. (Her clothes fit me perfectly.) The first time was a little blue jumper dress and a pink sweater. She did my make up, but I wore my own sandals and no wig. Did shave my legs and wear a cute hat though. It blew everyone away at the party because I had shaved off my goatee. The second time we went all the way. I wore a black turtle neck top, a cute, flirty floral print skirt, lace-top thigh high hose over shaved legs, and black bra & panties. (Sounds like a fantasy, I know.) I had a wig, make up, and wore a pair of sling back black chunky heels. Even carried a purse. At the party, I got lots of great comments. We took the kids trick or treating, and we had our baby in a stroller, which I pushed. At one point, there was a big group of families gathered at one place and I think I got a few funny looks, but I may have passed a little. Now that my wife knows how much I enjoy it, it will NEVER happen again. : (

Yes when I was about 10 or 11 my sisters dressed me to look like Jackie-O, well her style anyway, I protested of course but secretly loved it. Then in my twenties I had a girl friend dress me as just a sexy female, you know the short skirt, tight top with padding the whole works, I was in heaven and we went every where we could just to show me off. From there nature took over and I was hooked, now look at me 40 yrs. later. I wish I could find her and thank her.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Too many times to count. All in good fun. And depending on your experience level you could risk outing yourself unintentionally. If your too good with your makeup or walking in heels GG women will take notice. People who see you on multiple halloweens will too.

Some of my earliest memories are of wanting to be a girl. My parents didn't catch on. But my Mom's best friend had me figured out. She never had children so I got extra attention. Every halloween, she wanted to dress me as a girl. I always blocked the idea for fear that someone would be able to figure out the real me. So I never did. One of my biggest regrets, to this day. As an adult, I have dressed for halloween on a couple of occasions.
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have been enfemme on Halloween but not because of Halloween I just dressed that way that day because I wanted to. Just another day.

Always wanted to but never did...

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    everyday is halloween ......

Never for me as a kid. My dad was homophibic, so while he was alive I heavily repressed any such notions.

But last year was my first Haloween since I started going out as Ceera in public, and the gay nightclub Ceera goes to held a midnight costume contest. I did normal male costuming at home to give out candy to kids, then shut down the house, transformed, and showed up at the club in a 'Naughty Schoolgirl' outfit that I had put together enturely from 'real' clothes. Red plaid miniskirt from Hot Topic, white shirt from a women's store, with a red plaid tie I'd bought on line. Black cardigan sweater, white knee socks, and black high heeled Mary Janes shoes. Made the first cut, but didn't place.

First time I ever (publicly) cross-dressed was on Halloween. I went as a catholic schoolgirl: plaid skirt, knee socks etc. I was young and could pull it off then – this was a looooong time ago! Not for nothing, Halloween is my favorite holiday by far...
    The struggle. She is real.

When i was 23 i dressed as a hoola girl for halloween right after my hawaii trip, shiny coconuts, grass skirt, bright pink lipstick. Everyone just thought it was a great costume idea considering the my trip.

Not when I was a kid, but for the past 15 years, at least. Usually something really outrageous...

My first "en femme" outing was Halloween to the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" dressed as a hooker. Short black skirt, thigh high stiletto boots, red and bustier over a black lace turtleneck body suit. After the event when my mother first saw the pictures taken her reaction was," oh my god, you look like me."

The next year I went as catwoman ( same thigh boots, purple unitard) the security guard checking for drugs didn't bother to pat me down, " I can see you're not hiding anything. "

I went one year in al white lace lingerie. I won the costume contest that year.

Last year I went as a rainbow fairy.

The ladies at work are eager to see what I do this year. I've got a version of Little Red Riding Hood in the works. Actually two versions, one thats work dress code policy appropriate. And a variation to wear out to the local tg-friendly bar.

Wish me luck.

Ooooh I forgot to mention the 2 years in Escondido at the Fall Renaissance Faire as the blue fairy. It will be highly frowned upon if I show back up again at the event without my Blue Fairy outfit.
    Last edited by Katey888; 07-23-2015 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

As a child I dressed as a girl for Halloween when I was around 9. I did it two years in a row. I don't know if this was a catalyst for my cd'ingater in life. I did dabble incd'ing beginning in my teens and through out my adult life. Fast forward 40 years to Halloween 2013 and I dressed for Halloween as Dorothy from the wizard of oz. I even went to work as Dorothy.

After that I told my wife how much I enjoyed it and wanted to begin to crossdress more often.

She wS ok with it. This was an awakening for me and I have since fully embraced my feminine persona and I have never been happier. I've made up for lost time and have enjoyed every moment of it!

For me not when I was a kid.

But that is how I came out to a few of my friends.
    Do it almost every year.

I never dressed as a girl for Halloween, even though I had begun dressing by the age of five or so. But one of my strongest early memories was of a classmate named Dennis, who dressed in his mom's and sister's clothes for our 6th grade school Halloween party (1967). It was not a parody, but a full and serious effort to pass as a regular schoolgirl of around 11 years old -- wig, light makeup, Mary Janes, the whole bit. He looked just about perfect, and few of us recognized him at first when he walked into class.

I was almost insanely jealous. Somehow the idea of using Halloween as an opportunity to publicly crossdress had just literally never crossed my mind. I hung out with Dennis all day and tried to pick up as many details as possible about how he had created the illusion. It was probably the first time I'd seen another crossdressed male in person, and had a tremendous impact on me.

We went to different schools the next year, and I have no idea what happened to Dennis. But the effort that went into his presentation, and his artistic success with it, makes me think it may have been much more than a once in a lifetime thing for him.

- Diane

I think next time I go out dressed and someone comments I'm going to say; "But I thought it was Halloween today?" .

I was dressed as a witch one Halloween and a girl showed up at my party in a Marven martian helmet gun and look very real and she made the outfit. LOL She thought I looked good also. It was a nice one I remember.
    Part Time Girl

Thanks for the great responses! Just to clarify, I was not limiting responses to those who were dressed with adult involvement, but also to those who dressed themselves for Halloween when they were kids.

Don't wish to make this too lengthy a post, but yes, I did dress for Halloween, and yes, it was with the help of my mother, and to a lesser degree, an aunt. As a youngster, I always enjoyed Halloween, and always wanted my costume to be as original, different, and well done as possible. As such, my mother and I put a lot of time and energy into making my costume each year. The year was 1958, I was 11, and we had moved into a different home. Mom and I were looking through boxes of stuff, when I came across a box with some of her clothes in it. Seeing them, I got the idea of dressing like a woman, believing that once I had a wig, makeup, and the clothes on, I wouldn't be recognized. Mom laughed when I told her my idea, as she really didn't think I would go through with it. She even teased me a bit, suggesting that I wouldn't know how to walk in heels, sit properly in a skirt or dress, or act like a woman in order to pull it off. She also said I would be so uncomfortable, I just wouldn't have any fun. I took her words as a challenge, and said "if you teach me, I can do it." She "gave in" believing that once I actually saw what would be involved, I'd give up and move on to something else. Imagine her surprise when I not only didn't give up, I kept asking for more "practice" time.

Halloween arrived and off to the Boy Scout party I went. There were lots of "who are you" questions which I chuckled at, and when my identity was finally known, several "great costume, never would have guessed" comments were offered. Got home all excited, and pleased with my success. So much so, that I told mom I wanted to "do it again next year, but better." She replied with the standard "we'll see what we can do" response I got whenever I asked about future plans. I did get my wish to do it again the following year, and it was even better.

Karen