Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling broken

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    What you are going thru is more common than you think if that helps.
    You have friends here just remember that.

Hi, Jessica, I'm headed to big D Friday. Just sayin' in case you need friend to hang with. Probably going out to S4.
    Last edited by JaytoJillian; 07-21-2015 at 08:46 AM.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

Platinum Member
    Hi Jessica, I think that this program has it's up's and down's you just have to roll with it.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica5536 View Post
    ...I feel like I have to choose between being happy with myself and having the people in my life love me.
    No, I'm pretty sure that even if your family or friends might disapprove of crossdressing (and face it, they might not care -- you're loading those feelings on them) they will love you. Put the shoe on the other foot -- what if one of your family members took up some behavior you personally find bizarre -- would you stop loving them? If your wife got a man's business haircut and started dressing in biker clothes, would you stop loving her? If your parents started dressing up and going to the Rocky Horror Picture Show, would you stop loving them? You might not be able to understand what's going on with them, but I'm guessing you'd still love them. And from that love you'd try to understand.

The people who love you will still love you. They may struggle to understand, but they'll still love you. You have a right to exist. You have a right to be happy.

It would not be wrong to get counseling -- not to be "cured" but to better understand yourself and why you think you're undeserving of love. And it's probably very important you read a lot of what's here in the forum so you can understand what's normal for crossdressers. We're a sort of "What to Expect When You're Expecting to Put On a Dress" -- you'll find you're not alone, you're not the only one of your kind and you're in no way harmful to yourself or society.

Welcome.

You have to like yourself before you can expect anyone else to like you. Acting a certain way just so you can be liked by others is a no-win situation, it doesn't work and it just makes you unhappy. You're in a tough spot, and you must think things over carefully before you do anything.

Good luck.

I went to therapy and my therapist helped me learn to accept myself.

I also met a group of girls that I go out with every once in a while.

Some of them are prettier than any girl I've ever dated.

I don't know how they do it, but a lot of the have beautiful legs and can walk in heels higher than mot GGs can.

With self acceptance and a like minded peer group, I'm very happy.

Unfortunately, I can say the same about my wife, but I decided that it is her problem, not mine (at least until she gets a lawyer involved).
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 07-23-2015 at 05:57 AM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Jessica I am also in toen, if you need advice or a good therapist ....I am around
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.