Thread: Very tall dresser problems

Very tall dresser problems

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and hopefully looking to get some help and advice as well as contribute to the forums where I can.

I'm a very tall Crossdresser (203cm, about 6ft 8), I've been dressing since I was about 12-13 and I'm now 41 and probably a little more self aware then I was when I started. I dress now because it feels right, I'm happy when dressed and I'm convinced I'm a woman in a mans body or very close. It took a long time to realise that and to say it out loud for the first time here. I've never told anyone in my life about this, one because I'm sure my family won't understand based on their comments in the past and two my girlfriend would go nuts!

The thing I suppose that stops me going any further more that anything is my height, although I have long legs the rest of me isn't very feminine (although I've lost 36 lbs in an attempt to get a more feminine sexy body) I've never been out in public dressed because I think I would stand out like a sore thumb unless I'm sat down. I long though for nights out with a bottle of prosecco (or 2) with the girls or guys. I mix mainly with women at work and relate to women more then men and my best friends have always been girls.

I don't know what to do next or what I should do, any help or advice would be really helpful

Love
    Nicola

I'm 6ft 5 - almost as tall as you. I've been out in 4in heels. You feel nervous, but you just have to bite the bullet and GO OUT. It becomes a little easier with time. I'd received many comments - but I've been getting them all my life. You are just a tall "woman" instead of a tall man.

Hi Nicola,

First of all a warm welcome to this beatiful forum. Browse around, read and enjoy.

You can lose weight but not your height I guess!! I understand this is a problem for you but the advice I can give is to just follow your heart. If you feel good when dressed as a woman then simply keep on doing that. Anything that makes you happy could help to beat disappointments. I know it sounds clichee but keep on dressing, keep mixing with the girls, keep on doing things that make you feel good, and who knows in the future you will have built up enough confidence to come out

Good luck with it, keep your head up!

Love Jeanette

Hi Nicola, I'm 6'4", as a man I find it a comfortable height, impressively tall but not too much, when dressed I feel it's the first give away as I can be spotted towering above many other people which I'm sure your well aware of.

I went out for the first time a month ago and I was very conscious about my height at first but that faded away to be replaced by people looking at how I was presenting and finally after a few drinks my worries mostly went away to the point of I was worried my hair wasn't a mess and my make up was still in good shape.

I guess the trick is to just accept we'll be spotted because of our height, and then to just go and own it, easier said than done of course but the worry is in our mind, not others.

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the comments and you're all absolutely right.

I guess I'm looking for the right place to go out, the mad thing is I live in Manchester so I'm in the right place but I'm concerned I'll be seen if I go out in the village by people I know and obviously I'm very much in the closet.

Is there anywhere else in the UK that has a good scene I could go out in?

Nicola

think female basketball players - they are tall. Slim as much as you can, wear wig/hat to reduce impact of shoulder width, and yes be seated where you can!

there are CD/TS/TG groups across England, but as far as I'm aware it's "Concorde" where you are.

seeing as none of us pass scrutiny anyway, we just have to get on with others knowing we are doing our thing.

the saving grace is people are so focussed and self-obsessed they rarely bother observing!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola Green View Post
    Is there anywhere else in the UK that has a good scene I could go out in?
    Nicola - if you're prepared to venture 'daan sarf' a little, Pink Punters in Milton Keynes have a Girls Night Out every month... had my first night out there last year, they have a trans support group who will give you some moral support on the night if you need it (I did! ) It's a very popular LGBT venue - lots of people, and lots of girls on that night - many of them tall so you won't be that unusual...

I'm sure London has places too, but MK might be more economical for overnights... a girl has to be careful with her money...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I have had the same feelings for many years. What is most important is that you radiate the joy and confidence of being who you really are. If you are truly happy with who you are, it will show. I know that it sometimes can be rough, but hang in there.

Banned Read only
    I have a friend who's 6' 7" in flats. She typically wears 4" heels. Yes, people notice her. It's fine. Just go out and be yourself.

Lower narrow heels -- 2 inches to 3 inches -- can look very good with pants and still give you that delicious walk.

I feel ya there sister! I'm 6'1" and love 5" heels. Lol. It makes me crazy tall but I still feel very sexy! I'll just find a tall guy. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-RT View Post
    Hi Nicola, I'm 6'4", as a man I find it a comfortable height, impressively tall but not too much, when dressed I feel it's the first give away as I can be spotted towering above many other people which I'm sure your well aware of.

I went out for the first time a month ago and I was very conscious about my height at first but that faded away to be replaced by people looking at how I was presenting and finally after a few drinks my worries mostly went away to the point of I was worried my hair wasn't a mess and my make up was still in good shape.

I guess the trick is to just accept we'll be spotted because of our height, and then to just go and own it, easier said than done of course but the worry is in our mind, not others.

Sarah x