Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Houston we have a problem.

Thisgal16

Why throw it away? Why not put all your clothes in a box. Then put the box away. That way when you want to dress again you don't have to spend more money on the same clothes.

@--}----

Slip Into Something Femme Piora's Avatar
    I agree with the rest of the girls on here. DON'T PURGE YOUR CLOTHING! Suggest you pack it all away for now. The exact same thing happened to me. I was going through a separation and could think of nothing else at that time. But, I made the mistake of throwing out my stuff. It still makes me want to cry when I think about it....I had some beautiful things. But for 6 years after I moved out, I never dressed, never even thought about it, or had a desire to buy more. Then one day, it just came back like an express train. It was the strangest thing. I have no idea what triggered it. But, of course, I had to buy all new stuff. Since that day, I have had short lapses, but I soon get the urge again.

From what I've read, this is quite common with crossdressers.
    "Taking the time to be in touch with my feminine side"

Happens to me all the time…..I get a chance to have a girls weekend away, dress for a couple of days and have fun, then the urge kind of disappears for a month or so. I guess I kind of 'get it out of my system." Don't beat yourself up…the desire will come back so keep your stuff !

[QUOTE=Alice_2014_B;3780110]I kind of went through the same thing back in April.QUOTE]

Perhaps it was a solar flare or spring fever...but in April something inside me 'clicked' off and I suddenly had no interest.
    I was away from home for 4 days with plans of spending them fulltime. However, I suddenly became detached. I just wasn't interested.
    This really got my attention. I was sure that I would no longer dress. It was over.

I was tempted, but I didn't purge, I knew better. At that time I was dealing with several issues.
    Fast forward to today. I'm still here and planning for 3 days away...en femme.
    And looking forward to it.
    "Missed it by that much!"

I agree with the general theme... Don't purge!
    But if you do just think of all the fun you will have shopping for new stuff when the urge comes back.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

I have purged more times than I can remember, gone for months, weeks or sometimes just days before I have a crushing urge to replace everything I got rid of. Urges come and go so there is no point in purging plus it gets extremely expensive. If after sometime you feel you really aren't into it anymore then sell everything on or give it all to charity.

There are times when I don't feel much like dressing, but I often force myself to do so anyway. I'm always glad I did. But that's just me. Do what you feel is best for you.