Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you video taped yourself?

Only done it in very small ways, but definitely feel it's something I should do more of. Not even for dressing as such, but just improving my general presentation. It's something everyone should try I think, but do be aware that the camera magnifies everything. No, you aren't anywhere near that heavy in real life, and if you video in groups, you'll see that some things you thought stuck out like a sore thumb, aren't that bad in a group setting.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Junior Member Marie-Claude, France's Avatar
    Done it for testing my passing, which failed.
    Reading the Gradus ad Parnassum from Johann Fux

Hell-o Sandie,
    I have taken a few (OK.... Dozens) of videos, and like most others here have stated, they are great for getting a true perspective. Just as in taking pics some of them (1 or 2 out of twenty or so) turns out good.

And Adriana, I believe it's your turn to be acting silly!!!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I do often to just get a snapshot. My selfies always suck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

OMG I cant believe I've never done this. And I'm not even being sarcastic.
    I think I may be giving this a go the next time I get chance

I do not hold out hope LOL
    Samantha -x-

Yes, I have done it once in a while, just to entertain myself!!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Be nice if there was a way to post them here without using you tube.

Careful I bite <3
    I've taped myself more for voice. I know my walk isn't as good as it was a while ago. I know for a while I was rocking heels more than half the GG's I saw around me. Then I stopped wasn't able to dress much.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    The biggest problem with video recording is that without someone else doing the recording, about all you can do is walk away from the camera and back towards it.
    Some other things you might consider:

Set up at the bottom or top of a staircase and film yourself ascending and descending.
    Set up at a table and sit down and eat a meal.
    Set up in front of the TV and film yourself watching a movie -- on replay don't watch it all, but skip in 30 minutes or so and see if you "drop your girl" as you get involved in the story.
    Film yourself getting in and out of a car (if you go out.)

Yes, I did this once and then had to have my camera repaired. Bummer !

Reality Check
    Sandie, I'm glad you brought the subject up. Because of your post I spent much of the morning video recording (tape is no longer used) myself in various outfits and activities. My mouth is almost stuck together from applying lipstick several times.

So now I have some things to work on. Pointing my feet straight ahead, keeping them closer together as I walk, swaying the butt a bit more and keeping my head up. The hard part of keeping my head up is I wear bifocals and with my head held high, I can't see where I am going.

It turns out I can plug my camera directly into the TV (for playback only, I can't see it while I'm recording) so that makes things easier and the TV screen is much larger than the computer screen.

I have to remember though to move the videos to the computer and delete them from the camera before it falls into the wrong hands.

Way back when, we had an almost full length mirror on the back of a door in the house I grew up in. And one day, I got to see myself dressed up. As a young teen, I could have 'almost' passed. as an adult, no way. I have spotted myself in mirrors occasionally since then, but am not impressed by what I see. And there's no way to fix the things that make me clearly a huge hulking guy who is dressed as a high school girl. OH well. I need to put on my cheerleader uniform to make sure it fits for the coming season, and get some practice now with my cheers.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member
    I have video taped myself quite often mainly to see how the walk and mannerisms are. For me I seen where I think I was doing okay and where I needed to fine tune a few things...I think it is a very useful tool...

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Making a self video taught me to wear longer and looser skirts. BIG improvement.

Reality Check
    Yes, even still photos can help with that.

This is an interesting topic. I guess this a fairly common practice technique.

I started the whole video taping thing for the same reason...wanting to get a good 360° view of my presentation. The first few tries were disappointing, I was surprised that simply feeling really fem wasn't always enough to 100% feminize my walk. The tough part was what to (not) do with my shoulders...which would have been super-easy to overlook without seeing it.

After that it was a few more minutes of walking to/from the camera, walking while carrying things, standing, texting, etc. So much fun!

Banned Read only
    Sandie,
    I'm a bit late on this one but I have to say guilty as charged !
    I got into deep water over this one as I admitting borrowing a leather mini skirt from my wife's niece ! I did a complete makeover and videoed myself strutting my stuff around my house, you can't always move the camera and even out of shot you can still hear the click clack of the heels ! I have to say it's one hot video !

It's now buried somewhere on my computer but I can't bring myself to delete it as it may never happen again !

I have tried videoing myself more recently but I still need a lot of work! ;-)
    I practise the "supermodel" walk- hips forward torso back but it's not easy. I look like waddling duck but I'm determined.
    X

Yes, I have some. I just started a new Youtube channel for posting them. The "Maxine CD channel".
    My Youtube channel: Maxine CD,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsH...XBIjeAtbhe1uFw
    Follow me on twitter @MaxineCD1