Thread: Big Bad Bikers!

Big Bad Bikers!

I'm a member of ABATE, a motorcycle rights organization. Saturday, we had our District meeting, and I was nominated for several offices. When the District Coordinator asked if I accept or decline, I told him that I couldn't say either way at that time, but requested a private meeting following the District meeting. So, afterwards, I met with the DO, his SO and the Events Coordinator, since I'm on his committee. I told them about being trans and waiting for name/gender change, and soon would be presenting full time. I told them that if it was going to be a problem with the group, I'd step away and support the group financially, but not attend anything. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of one. The DO said that I wasn't going anywhere, it's in the bylaws that we don't discriminate, that he personally would deal with anyone that said anything derogatory about me and that at the elections next month, I would definitely be a new Sgt At Arms. The three of them congratulated me on my transition and offered full support, in the club and personally. The Events Coordinator shook my hand then gave me a big hug (yes, bikers really do that!) and said that for coming out as a woman, I had the biggest balls in the state.

Then we all rode over to another town for a biker night at a supporting bar.

Hmmm.... Biker Chick????? Like now I need a leather bustier? I have the boots...

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Awesome. Yeah us bikers ain't all bad. It's a real encouraging story, thanks for sharing.

I've kinda had a hankering to buy a Harley lately. Never too late.
    Congrats on belonging to a great club.

I don't ride, but I support and appreciate bikers. I recently lost a friend (last December) who was a member of BACA (Bikers Against Child Abuse).

Silver Member
    Riding was something I tried to get lost in for a lot of years, and it seemed like I was trying to obliterate myself. I hit bottom for a brief period riding with the Hell's Angels, though I never joined. I had 5 bikes at one time. I sold my last, a Springer, to my son a couple of years ago. My wife's Heritage is still in the garage. I seem to have lost the desire - or need - to ride since starting hormones.

ABATE is a good organization, Leah. My regard for it just went up a notch. Congrats!
    Last edited by LeaP; 07-20-2015 at 08:58 PM.
    Lea

Silver Member
    Dont biker chicks have to be owned by biker dudes, or is that all changed? I never been a biker so I don't know. Just wondering.

During my work years, I had a Goldwing, when they first came out. Our Road Captain seemed to have a huge thirst, so they rides had frequent stops at bars.
    99% of riders are not outlaw bikers. Doctors, Lawyers,Executives and about any type of law abiding people ride their harleys, BMW's Etc. They like to put on the image of dangerous dudes and dudettes, most are harmless.
    I did a little underdressing while riding, big thrill, but not shared with anyone. LOL

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Congrats, it's wonderful to get such acceptance. I had much the same experience 'coming out' to my bike club (fully patched members are all current or former law enforcement). it just shows that the bikie fraternity (sorority even) is as strong as ever...
    Call me Donna, please

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by arbon View Post
    Dont biker chicks have to be owned by biker dudes ...
    That tends to be the pattern in the 1%'er clubs like the Angels, Mongols, Pagans, etc. The other clubs, including those mentioned here, are social or issue-oriented. Fund raising, Christian, legislation, touring, affinity groups, etc. Women have equal standing in most of them.
    Lea

Thanks for sharing such a great story. So happy that you are so well supported!! A friend of mine, a trans woman, is a big biker, she and her husband are on their annual 2 week ride to South Dakota. She is a self proclaimed "biker chick" with a soft tail harley. I sold my last bike 3 years ago. Time for me to have 4 wheels underneath me.

Safe riding!!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

It's been my experience that 'bikers' are some of the most accepting people you will ever meet.

They are fiercely independent and they take personal liberty very seriously. I'm not talking about the 'outlaw' types, but the ones who live on the fringes of that lifestyle but have full time jobs. They're mostly good people.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Biker chick photos required! �� congrats Leah.
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

My partner is one of the founders of Rider's Education. A motorcycle safety training foundation. He has no problem with my transition. I bounce life issues off him all the time.

I ride a 1999 Suzuki Marauder
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Many years ago I not only was patched in an outlaw club, I was a VP. All part of trying to drive anything feminine from my being. That obviously didn't work. But I still love to ride.
    I'm amazed at how much acceptance I'm recieving in all facets of my life.
    I'll ask a friend to play photographer.

Hugs,

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by arbon View Post
    Dont biker chicks have to be owned by biker dudes, or is that all changed? I never been a biker so I don't know. Just wondering.
    This Biker Chick owns a couple of the dudes!

Great story, and I hope life would be amazing for you.
    We don't have that much biker clubs here (even if some Harley guys founded some) so I don't know about their acceptance. The only thing I can tell is that under our helmets, riding has no gender
    "Fashion is neither moral or immoral, but it is for rebuilding the morale" Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by KaraK View Post
    The only thing I can tell is that under our helmets, riding has no gender
    I like that! Nothing melts the stress away better than getting out on my CBR954 and dragging a knee thru some winding country roads.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    It's been my experience that 'bikers' are some of the most accepting people you will ever meet.

They are fiercely independent and they take personal liberty very seriously. I'm not talking about the 'outlaw' types, but the ones who live on the fringes of that lifestyle but have full time jobs. They're mostly good people.
    Most of that applies to the outlaw clubs, too. In fact, I think they are sometimes the most welcoming – as long as you don't belong to another outlaw club. I started riding with the Angels after one approached me at the Laughlin run, telling me that I looked upset. Invited me over to the clubs spot in the bar, where I hung out for that first evening, and he offered me a woman! (Which I declined with thanks…) I found a lot of give-and-take and a lot of sharing. I also saw enough things that scared the bejesus out of me to keep me out in the final analysis. But yeah, Theresa, not only are women owned in those clubs, they are tradable commodities
    Lea

Awesome post Leah! Love it... Congrats!
    "Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. Are you going to grow flowers or weeds?" author unknown.