Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Humor?

Banned Spammer

Humor?

I know I am new. And please don't mistake me, I think this site and this group of women are lifesavers, I can't imagine being more comfortable. The amount of support and genuine caring and good will is a staggering accomplishment.

That said - I'm very quick with humor since I find it lightens the day and makes life more bearable. Nothing like a great laugh poking fun at onesself. I suppose that just is or is not in someone's makeup. But, I'm not seeing a big amount of humor or poking fun at ourselves here. Are things really all that serious? If I couldn't chuckle at myself and what I get up to on a daily basis I'd be mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Belle Cri View Post
    I suppose that just is or is not in someone's makeup.
    There's a lot of humor in my makeup sometimes. Especially if I cant get it right. I need lots mor practice.

I couldnt resist. I love humor and can laugh at myself with the best of y'all

I'm with you. I do stand-up on cruise ships and am trying real hard to restrain myself. But, like you, I am very grateful that we have this site and the wonderful people who administer it.

Good point. I think the pressures in life are almost too much to endure, these days, and that is one reason some of us do this thing. I wish i was more humorous. Sometimes i can be a real joker, or comedian, but it is rarely. I suffer depression for life, and a very toxic family of origin, i am forced to deal with, at age 61. never had a mate. Some of us have chemical make ups in our brains, which make it hard to be humorous, or hard to be serious. We are a mixture of heredity, and experiences, and what we eat and drink. I wish we could all be more balanced. men and women.

The fun stuff is in the other forums. This one is for the most deadly serious discussions. How could you even think of bringing up such a lighthearted topic? You are inviting mod wrath of gargantuan scale!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Belle Cri,

I like to look at things from the lighter side of life too and I think a review of many of my answers on here will reflect that. I try to approach a subject with a mature response but if the subject matter appears too heavy and provokes a lot of fire, I tend not to get involved.

And to sign off...If I need a really good argument, I can always upset my wife .

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I recently saw my dentist, who also runs a dressing service as a sideline; she calls it ' Trans And Dental Medication'

You did want humour didn't you????
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

remember that the butte of our jokes tend to be our own asses here!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    Belle, if you have read any of my posts, you will find humor mixed in with seriousness. We have to remember, this is a written forum. Sometimes humor doesn't come across in written answers. People feel rejected, made fun of, or just plain hurt. You need to feel out the thread and feel when to inject your humor. That makes it clear as mud, huh?

Reality Check
    It's difficult to put humor into these discussions because someone out there is sure to take it the wrong way. Members are from all over the world and all over the place as far as their crossdressing. Now if you want to post a joke, that will usually work but again, someone may take offense.

I've heard some Bruce Jenner jokes but like I said ................................

Silver Member
    Belle,

I poke that hornets nest almost daily. I do try not to be mean in my humor, and if I sense that it is inappropriate, I'll refrain. Tell ya what, move that mouse pointer over to the left and click me. Ohhh that's nice. A little more to the left....... a little up. Mmmmmh

Now look up find latest posts, I probably add humor to 60% of my posts. Check the one where I commented on Jamie's new outfit. She wasn't in it and it reminded me of a scene from "Brother Where Art Thou". You'll find that kind of humor around here. Maybe not as an originating thread, but as little side comments keeping things from getting to heavy. Look for my "cure" for shoe shopping addiction.

There are plenty of others here with a sense of humor, like Violet Gray, and Jorja. Just got to look for them. And throw out your own. Just make sure to balance it with some kind and costructive comments as well.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Humor is a complicated process. Text messages tend to minimize the nuances of words, and are forced to be understood in the context of the the reader, and not necessarily in the context of the writer. The chance of being misunderstood in non-humerus situations is very large. Humor expands that possibility for misinterpretation greatly. Hence many of us have learned to be very careful with our language, lest we inadvertently offend. Sadly, humor is often an unintended casualty of that restraint.

I don't take myself that seriously Hon and have a lot of fun with it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    No matter what you say or write, someone will find it objectionable. If I didn't have my humor I wouldn't be alive.

Now, did you hear about the lady who went on vacation in Hawaii? She sent her psychiatrist this post card:

"Having a wonderful time. Why?

Ineke

Hell-o Belle,
    I get where your coming from, poking fun at ourselves (not one another)
    can sometimes make a day go a little better.
    There are a few threads now and then that fall along these lines.
    How's about starting a new one?
    You could title it "Belle's Bloopers"
    Tell us a funny story, and I'm sure you'll find out how many comedians hang out here!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Spammer
    Ok ok, lol, I won't flog it to death. Good to know, I was a bit concerned that we'd all be dourly sitting in a convent sewing circle glaring at each other for supposed mirth.

I think Angela's post is an absolute scream - "Gentlemen - there will be no fighting in the war room!" Gotta love Dr. Stangelove, to really, really date myself lol.

Platinum Member
    Hi Belle, See line #2 in my signature.

I'm probably the most un PC person that you will ever meet.
    I'm an equal opportunity offender, I pick on everyone !
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I think there's plenty of humor here. However this forum is the only place where I would joke about crossdressing. I want others to understand that I don't do this to be funny or to be the butt of other people's jokes.

Belle,

As you read more and more threads, you will certainly find humor in many of them. I know I always try to take a good jab at either myself or a friend here when posting. Please bring on the laughs! We can all use them. Life is hard enough as it is, we all need a good laugh.

Kandi
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I'm just counting back now and making sure we have our Seriousness Quota filled here... let's see - nope! All too facetious by far... Have to delete an amusing phrase somewhere... let's see...

You are inviting mod wrath of gargantuan scale!

Well that's funny.... like we get upset often and dispense wrath...

Give it time - we can have an absolute ball sometimes, but it's a fine balance between having a chuckle at ourselves - which I also accept we have to do and can do, more at the CD end of things - and trying to help with and support some of the really heartfelt and heartbreaking stories we sometimes get from folk here, often more at the TG/TS end of things where things can be rarely humorous and normally very poignant...

Oh - there I go getting all serious again... If you fancy a scary laugh, take a look over at crossdresserswives.com - that'll have you in stitches... or stitched up, more like..

And finish with a joke...

Q: How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    A: Fish...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Spammer
    Perfect. I heard it was watches.

Ok, how do you keep an existentialist busy?

Banned Spammer
    Humor aside (for a fleeting moment) - I run a couple of sites (fishing and very boyish stuff), moderate others, and so I really do understand that it is an unpaid labor of love that is an utter political pain in the ass. And I really do have all the sympathy in the world because the only worse job than a moderator is a home room teacher in 3rd grade.

I also appreciate the seriousness and the pain, and my humor is edgy but not mean. It is always meant to be incisive by self deprecation, illuminating, and helpful. Humor was the one thing that kept my black dogs at bay - anyone who has been there will understand the reference. Often I think a gentle, loving, and even somewhat edgy tease can pierce what I call 'gerbling' - when one's mind runs circles endlessly on the same wheel time after time after time to exhaustion with no resolution.

I dislike making 'fun' of people, unless it is myself first, because I find myself hilarious in my idiocies. So, to be as kind as possible about this, I honestly do not think that strict PC codes of conduct are necessarily helpful, but that is my own perspective. I'll close with my favorite phrase - be fabulous.
    Last edited by Belle Cri; 07-21-2015 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaYVR View Post
    The fun stuff is in the other forums. This one is for the most deadly serious discussions. How could you even think of bringing up such a lighthearted topic? You are inviting mod wrath of gargantuan scale!
    Angela is right. The mods here try to keep things under control, and judging by chat rooms I've been in, things COULD get out of control. And I'm ok with that.

I think humor works better when it's sprinkled through other non-humor stuff. It has more impact.

And yes, humor is subjective and context-sensitive that must be worded well, otherwise misinterpretations happen.

it's all good.
    it's dumb to be racist.
    Can't we just all agree to hate stupid people instead? There are stupid people in all races, creeds, and faiths. It's a veritable rainbow of stupid out there, AND they don't know they are stupid. What could be more fair?

Careful I bite <3
    We don't mistake your intentions, but be aware that A LOT Of people here are in a lot of varying states of vulnerability in a lot of their posts. We tend to err on the side of caution on this because of the venue.

Some humor pokes through in very safe ways though.

Aspiring Member
    On my Facebook page the humor, among other things, can be funky, off color and very much in tune with current affairs. This can also make some people angry, nervous or stand-offish. And this is something you want to avoid on this site. We need to strike a fine balance between being fun and supportive without making someone run for the hills.

But we do engage in humor - you just have to look a little harder for it.

Some of us will bust a gut over someone passing wind. Others might make Stephen Hawking wince with a terrible esoteric comment.

And me?

I adhere to the definition of humor (comedy) given by the great Mel Brooks: "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

Ba da bing, Ba da boom!