Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Humor?

Banned Spammer
    Lol Sandie, that is a great quote.

I'll be here all week, Ladies and Germs. Please don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses...

Always something to learn here. I never realized "what color are your panties?" was deadly serious discussion.

Banned Spammer
    Brutally so. Lives and fortunes hang in the balance.

Actually, I have a suggestion: would it be possible to have some sort of completely inappropriate section just to let off steam? I realize it may offend some members - but well, nobody here I think means any genuine harm, and if it really is upsetting, then just don't dial up that channel. Merely an idea, perhaps vetted and declined long before I ever showed up, but honestly - some of the best, most profoundly honest, funny, raunchy and just true humor I have ever seen has come out of the [politically correct acronym, uh wait, PCA, or was that ACP?] community - be a shame not to reflect it. We really are just a wonderful trip.

Banned Read only
    Howie Mandell once said 'comedy comes from a place of pain', now I know why I laugh when I look in the mirror 😅 Reminds me of the time I asked a local cosmetician for a good face cream, she walked away and came back with a bottle of stuff with 'Armorall' on the label and a picture of a car seat...had to have it, If that could make my face look like that car seat I'd be WAY closer to being passable 😃

Banned Spammer
    See? this is great. Car seat, lol.

I agree.... I mock myself allot. Humor solves allot of issues for people. Imagine if my fellow softball players knew I wore a size 44 d bra and loves nylon panties! ha! welcome to the board hope to see more fun from everyone...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Banned Spammer
    44d? Hmph

I've levered a few covers off the sewers but nobody has walked into one yet. Am I using the wrong bait?

Hey Belle

There is humor here and some very funny and fun loving people... you just have to find us
    Try Kathleen Dawson or Tina Z in the picture & video part of the forum

Kate

Banned Read only
    Belle,
    If you dig through the archives you'll find some very funny stories. My accidental outing myself raised a few smiles !

I agree that we can get bogged down with it all but I've had more funny moments dressed or while shopping , CDing can be a lot of fun if you're allowed to be yourself !

Gone to live my life
    Hi Belle,

I think humor albeit quite subtle comes through in a lot of posts . . . sometimes that humour is taken as humour other times not so much. Don't be afraid of putting humour in your posts because if we can't laugh at life, life can be very boring. Now . . .

A penguin, a zebra and a giraffe walk into a bar . . .

Cheers

Isha

humor

I know that I got deleted for not quite reading bigender as one with both sexes as their interest vs. a wide bottomed person.
    Last edited by jaleecd; 07-22-2015 at 03:21 AM. Reason: miss spelled person

Komedy

I find humor in even the most serious threads when pimple mispel some of their werds to great cosmic effect. Also, the occasional poignantly funny use of a smilie in an odd, inappropriate way can brighten my day.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Silver Member
    Belle - I agree with you. Although there are many issues discussed here which are quite serious, it is too bad that we do not see people share their humor more often. There are very few threads which are simply focused on making each other laugh. Too bad. The humor mentioned by others in this post is rather infrequent and often missed or ignored.

Honest, some of my best friends are funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Badwolf View Post
    but be aware that A LOT Of people here are in a lot of varying states of vulnerability in a lot of their posts. We tend to err on the side of caution on this because of the venue.
    I read and re-read my replies multiple times before I push the "Post" button. It's my mis-interpreted humor that keeps me from posting. I offend, I get that. I've lost many acquaintances because I pushed send. The friends that remain know me and how I am. They get me. And, so in keeping this topic based on cross dressing, I just bought a cute Coach PeanutsX(R) bag.

joni

Quote Originally Posted by Belle Cri View Post
    would it be possible to have some sort of completely inappropriate section just to let off steam?
    I like that idea! I would support it. It could have a big warning saying "UNMODERATED AREA; ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK" and maybe only people with 50+ posts could be eligible to prevent the worst types of abuse.

Anyway... I liked the "Trans and Dental" bit from Carole. So here are my attempts:

What happens if you have a containment failure? It's a serious gaffe.

How many trans people does it take to change a light bulb? One, but only if the bulb really, really, really has to change.

How do you know you're in the modern era if your brother transitions? Because you enter the era of the trans sister.

What's the difference between bureaucracy and cross dressing?
    With one you fill out forms, with the other the forms fill you out.

Banned Read only
    Belle, this forum is dominated by the misinformed who think that "support" always means "you go girl." Sometimes, support means telling it like it is and sometimes support should be a joke but words on an electronic forum can not always convey the intent. I have been chastised several times for not using a smiley face when I joked about something. I guess I'm not that funny. Then again, maybe the person doing the chastising is a dullard. It doesn't matter.

We are far too serious here and it's getting really boring. Joke away and let sarcasm rule!

I enjoy humor, but it can be tricky. It can easily be misinterpreted and cause offense, or be outright offensive, or simply be offensive due to lack of entertainment value. I do agree that humor is good and important and I try to look on the funny side of things. I also understand that some of my own jokes will land flat and/or cause offense. I try to watch out for that. One thing to keep in mind is that many of us may have been the butt of many a mean-spirited joke or other attempts to pass off bullying as humor, so people might be sensitive for that reason.

That said, I do enjoy the humor exhibited by some of our members.

My apologies for the lack of anything resembling humor in my post. :P
    (I hope that doesn't garner me the Wrath of the Mods for being off topic or out of line or anything...)

where's Ru Paul when you need him? er..her?

Reality Check
    A mushroom walks into a bar and the bartender says "We don't serve your kind here." and the mushroom says - "Why not? I'm a fungi."

I don't have a serious bone in my body. i'm always happy, in a good mood, love to laugh and have a great sense of humor.
    I make more fun of myself as I have so much to work with.

caught my wife in bed with my bf, told her to leave and said to my bf... bad dog, bad dog!

my wife ran off with my bf... and boy do I miss him.

I light my cig before sex, this way when im finished its already lit.

my wife and I only smoke after sex...I haven't had a cig in 6 months, she's up to 2 packs a day.

and if you're curious, i'm divorced... 3 times
    paula

Speaking of humor and funny stories. Reminds me of one of my first visits to VS to by some underclothes. Having a gf as small as me helps. However this one in particular time when we walked in the young girls asked us "And who are yall shopping for today?". My gf without missing a beat piped up "Him." The girls face was almost lost. Of course me being new to buying my own garments fumbled out very red faced "her, but we are just browsing". And there it was I could have been fitted for a bra that day and I panicked. Of course I have never seen my gf laugh that hard before. Not sure if she was laughing at my terror or the expression on the young girls face.

Banned Read only
    I suppose that just is or is not in someone's makeup.
    Maybe, maybe not. Could be in their jeans...

44d? Hmph
    38DDD, but who's keeping score?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    Honest, some of my best friends are funny...
    Funny Ha-Ha or Funny P-e-c-u-l-i-a-r?

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne S View Post
    I like that idea! I would support it. It could have a big warning saying "UNMODERATED AREA; ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK" and maybe only people with 50+ posts could be eligible to prevent the worst types of abuse.
    No, what this country NEEDS is a Good 5 cent Rim Shot!! There's NEVER one around when you need it!?!?!?!?

But seriously folks, I prefer the issuance of finely crafted prose; the cerebral emission of hard-earned wisdom and BS so ripe that you can detect it from the next county. That heady assemblage of verbiage can ONLY come from that most stealthy of creatures:

The Political Speech Writer!!!

Congregation Say Amen!

DeeAnn
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 07-24-2015 at 08:19 PM.