Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got the call from Dr. Bower's office

Congratulations Paula, don't feel guilty it's a momentous step. My time will come but right now this is your moment.

Good luck to you. It's a strange ride you are about to have. Rough but worth it.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Best wishes for you Paula. I hope all goes well for you!
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

CONGRATS ON YOUR FUTURE VAGINA!

I looked up some of her results and I was quite impressed, you'll be happy.

Congratulations Paula,
    Hate to admit it but I'm jealous and frustrated.
    I've been working with my insurance company for 3 years to try and figure out how to get the insurance company to cover the GRS. I followed a number of leads that dead-ended with surgeons who wanted cash up front and then MAYBE I would get reembursed. Keeley MacPhee used to be an in-network provider, but now she is like the others.

Dr Bowers does work with insurance companies and helps make sure that you are fully covered - but now I hear it could be a waiting period of ANOTHER YEAR!

I'm almost 60 years old. I've been waiting 55 years! How much longer must we wait?!?!

I get so frustrated knowing that there are 4 surgeons in PA - most less than 3 hours drive away, and yet NONE take direct payment from insurance companies.

Anyone know of doctors that DO take and work with insurance
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

Dr Bowers seems to do nice work and seems very genuine in the few times that I have been with her. There are other surgeons [one in Phili,for sure] that don't seem to have the same concerns as Dr Bowers has..Almost like they are getting a private chuckle out of it...

Great news and enjoy your journey.
    might I suggest that if you have a close friend, ask them go with you, it does help with many feelings before and after.
    TO OVER WEIGHT TO POST A PHOTO, MY wife tells me I look like I am pregnant

I am happy for you and great selection for surgeon.

Robin does her job well for pre-surgery stuff. I would highly advise using staybridge suites as their people are well versed with transgender and GRS. As I am sure you know, Marci wants you to stay for two weeks and I was very comfortable with staybridge suites. If you need anything they are there to assist including driving you around to various places including your post operation appointment and they will grocery shop for you too. Make sure to get back to Robin as soon as possible to where you want to stay and if you want the limo service to and from the airport.

On a side note, even though you get HBO and Show Time I found myself using Amazon prime for watch movies to kill time both in the hospital and hotel via a laptop.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass