Thread: Professional Trans Woman's Association?

Professional Trans Woman's Association?

I was reading a trade magazine today and saw that a woman was a member of the National Professional Woman's Association. I am sure that organization helps promote promote careers for women. So I wondered if there is an organization that promotes and supports careers of professional trans women. Jorga are you aware of any such organization? I know this wouldn't be for everyone since some prefer to live their lives as women and do not wish to be seen as trans. However, I would be interested in such an organization. As a late transitioner I know I will be visible as a trans woman. Can anyone address this topic?
    Suzanne
    Last edited by Suzanne F; 07-23-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Banned Read only
    Suzanne, Yes, there used to be a Professional Trans Woman's Association headquartered out of New York I think it was. I haven't seen or heard of them for quite awhile now. I don't know if they are still around or not. I did not want to be seen as just a Transwoman so I did not join. I did join the National Professional Woman's Association.
    Last edited by Jorja; 07-28-2015 at 11:13 AM.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I probably wouldn't be allowed in 'cos I'm only an amateur Trans Woman
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Banned Read only
    With Lucy's loud mouth, violent tenancies, aggressive nature, and temperament, you would fit right in.

There's a Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Asso...Professionals/

I was on it for a while, but didn't find it that useful so I left.

Silver Member
    There is a trans group on LinkedIn as well.
    Lea

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    I started to attend a Women in Technology group at my work that has been quite interesting.
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

It just seems that we might be able to promote the hiring and retention of professional trans women. I went to a job fair recently in San Francisco at the Transgender Resource Center. The jobs were mostly entry level and not really geared to any one with professional experience. We might be able to support a wide range of activities like scholarships and internships. I did find out there is a banquet for trans organization in Louisville Ky in November. Dr Bowers is the main speaker. I am making plans to attend.
    Suzanne

Banned Read only
    With the way things are changing in today's world, a Professional Trans Woman's Association might work now. Give it a go. Start the organization yourself.

My goal is to integrate as best I can into society as a female. I don't deny I'm Trans. But I don't volunteer either.
    Continually broadcasting that I'm Trans will not be beneficial and in many cases in business be detrimental.

I recently joined NAPW. I am looking to get our business WBE certified. Despite the acceptance in general. I'm not so sure how that relates to being a Trans woman. Certainly any background check will reveal our previous life despite our intentions to leave it behind.

I'm not so sure I would be interested in joining a Trans woman professional group.

Having said all that. I transitioned in place as the owner of a 32 year old electrical/mechanical contracting business I founded. I have had some success and haven't list previous clients over the fact I transitioned. Those I have lost or fired have been over financial matters mostly. Maybe my success is the area I live. I live in NJ which is for the most part is a Trans friendly environment.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Banned Read only
    I don't know how it is in NJ but I have my business WBE certified with no problems. They questioned my being Trans. I told them the truth. I transitioned in 1980. They said welcome aboard. Your mileage may vary.

Having only been full-time for 2 years. My Id's are female except my birth certificate. ( there was a bill to make birth certificates congruent with Dr license and passports. Our blowhard gov vetoed it.) I sometimes feel as I cheated. I built the business as a male. I have been operating it as female for only 2 years. I'm scheduled for SRS in Nov. I will then be able to change my BC to female. Thanks for the advice. I may just apply now for WBE certification. We just recently went through the process to become a govt contractor and receive solicitations for govt work.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W