Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to get ready?

Aspiring Member

Where to get ready?

Alright, I have recently come and gone a few times dressed in broad daylight in my apartment complex. But then I thought... should I be doing this? I don't care what the people here think - they aren't part of my life and won't be. But still, I don't know them. Who knows if one of them is a nut who hates our type? Now that person would know where I live.

So, I thought I would try something.

Rent a storage space.

I decided on a 5 X 10 space.

I have a large wardrobe rack that I can use for my hanging clothes. Then a table and chair for putting on makeup. A full length mirror and plastic cabinets for makeup and accessories - and altogether I have a place to dress in private away from my apartment.

I initially rented it for two months and I'll let you all know how well this works... or not.

batman, spiderman, the flash, arrow - they all do the same, one way or another, seems to work for them!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Sandie,

In your situation, I think I'd cast a vote for 'home' - assuming that home sounds like somewhere reasonably civilised for you...

Rationale:

Are you more likely to be spotted as the changeling that you are, coming and going from an apartment complex with lots of other folks coming and going, or as the one who goes into the deserted storage space, with creaking floors and flapping shingles, and emerges as a completely different person...? I dunno...

Imagine if you come back to the storage place one day and there are hordes of cops and firemen everywhere, tearing the place apart looking for the well dressed lady who went in late one evening and never came out again...

Worse, would you really rather be spotted by the other folks who 'hang out' at storage places like, other CDs... mafia killers stashing body parts or entire families... just kidding... I'm sure they're quite safe places... late at night... with few other people around...

Home comforts for me - but good luck with it all... Let us know in a couple of months if you're still... errrm... how it goes...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Platinum Member
    Hi Sandie, Clark Kent did it in a phone booth.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I've only changed here at home or at a friend's house.
    Storage Units sometimes have cameras, bu I don't think that'll be an issue for you. Still a pretty good idea though, especially if you need a storage unit anyway.
    ')
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Shoes, a woman's passion! debbeelee1's Avatar
    Wouldn't a storage shed in NM in the summer be a little hot????? Hope it's airconditioned!

I know a closeted CDer who came to our monthly Girls Night Out and changed in a shower room at a local truck stop. It cost her $10.00 to get dressed and $10.00 to change back. A little steep, but it worked for her!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Debbee!

I thought about that too, Sandie, but it would have to be conditioned. Ain't no way I'm dressing in an unconditioned metal box when it's 100F (38c) outside! Same goes for the winter and no heat! Let us know if it works in real life.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Careful I bite <3
    Not ideal but there have been people who used hotel rooms. They aren't frequented by locals, and have good space to get ready.

I tend to opt for home as well, and have done ok. Even if they don't like our "kind" you have to assume that they are prone o violent urges and act on them without fear of consequences for most of the worst case scenarios. Hopefully you don't have a lot of neighbors like that.

The most likely damage will be from someone eventually outing you, and someone who doesn't like us may do it maliciously. That can happen just about anywhere, not your just heading in and out of your house though.

Sandie,

I think it is not necessary. Personally I leave dressed en femme from my apartment a lot, which can be multiple times a week, and have had no problems. It seems to me you face a bigger danger in public of being attacked where you will be around more people. The most secure way is to not dress outside of your home, but that is something I am not willing to do, and I do not think you want to do do that either.

Reality Check
    I think there is less danger of being attacked where there are more people as long as it's not in a bad part of town or very late at night. A hotel room would be safe but pretty expensive. The truck stop idea is cheaper but we don't all live near truck stops. I have underdressed and then finished in my vehicle but that's a real PITA, so much so that I often pass up opportunities to go out dressed.

As for "sneaking" out of your apartment or home, you will be seen eventually, there's no doubt about that. And if you "sneak", it's even more likely that you will be drawing attention to yourself.

Some people don't care so they don't have a problem dressing at home and walking out the front door. Others have wives, children, jobs and reputation to consider.

Banned Read only
    Electricity? Don't most storage lockers *not* have power available? This is to keep tenants from running up a power bill, or having something electrical fail while unattended and cause a fire.

What about melted or frozen lip stick, mascara, and such? In the south, well over 100degrees in the summer, there would be no make up left. If there is what a slimy mess, like chocolate bars on a dash board. Oooo yuck.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Banned Read only
    Wow, I love the concept but I agree the power, AC, and heat might be a problem but keep us posted, never thought of it before but might just work?

Sandie:

You live in freakin' New Mexico, in the United States of America, fer chrissake. Without violating the sanctity of this forum, which prohibits speaking of self defense and rights, and personal boundaries, and how to be safe, which I would NEVER Consider doing here, I offer some advice on how to "dress". Again, I would never do anything to upset the tranquility here. That said, remember that you can dress any way you want; you even have the right to bare arms in this country, or to wear shorts. I suggest the former. Don't tread on me is a great mantra and, if said with conviction when wearing a top that lets your bare arms show, is a great way to be safe.

Best regards,
    Rhonda

make sure you don't get bad tan lines with your bare arms. : :

Last edited by Rhonda Darling; 07-24-2015 at 07:56 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Legend has it that Superman used a phone booth, but alas, with cell phones and modern electronics they no longer exist. On the down side, if phone booths did still exist they would be way too small for a girl's wardrobe, makeup, accessories, etc. so perhaps your idea of a storage unit is a good bet. I, on the other hand, prefer to ready myself in the comfort of my condominium, and to heck with what the neighbors think.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Banned Read only
    I think I've outed myself to a couple neighbors and although not sure it kinda makes things awkward moving forward 😯 I like Sandie's thinking outside of the box on this one (or dressing inside the box &#128516, I'm thinking a portable AC unit and portable battery power good for a couple hours between charges would totally do the trick though, seriously considering this myself 😃

Reality Check
    A camper or RV would work well. Even a small one as long as you can stand up inside.

and most storage areas are monitored by live or video 24/7....don't you think they have noticed?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    True but video monitoring is only typically viewed if there's been an incident, technically it can be watched at any time but given this stuff is absolutely everywhere these days I myself choose to ignore it, hey, maybe a good topic for a fresh thread?

I'm a fan of changing at home and the heck with what the neighbors think. I've done my share of skulking about but in the end there really wasn't any point to it.

As for security cams at a storage facility, I'll point out that many of the videos that go viral on Youtube are security cam video. Rent-a-cops have very little sense of privacy when they see something interesting.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Read only
    Yikes, good point but after a little thought I dont think a guy going in and a girl coming out would garner a whole lot of hits anymore?

idea - if the male you only uses the stairs and the female you only uses the elevator, then two people, one way ...?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    A camper or RV would work well. Even a small one as long as you can stand up inside.
    Bingo! Sometimes I use my RV that is at a secure storage facility. Not a busy place, no lurkers, no problems with leaving dressed.
    Just like a mall studio apartment...nice!
    "Missed it by that much!"

I've changed in the back seat of a small car, but of course a small RV would be better.

The question is how much trouble and expense would you be willing to incur for that flexibility?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Aspiring Member
    OK, update. Yes, I have a unit around the corner from where I live (a one minute walk) and I made sure it's on the shady side. Until Autumn comes I will do my makeup and such at home and, wearing a baseball cap, drive to the unit and simply put on my outer clothes. It's a very unbusy place and I'm not worried about privacy. changing would take a minute or so and then I'm on my way.

Also, at the peak of the day I was in it today and the temp actually wasn't that bad. It was a 96 degree day and it felt about 80 to 85 inside the unit. I know, that's still hot... but not untenable. And since the unit doesn't stay open past dark, I'll never have to worry about changing in the dark. When I go out dressed I never return until very late and all the good folks are usually in bed by then.

Oh, and I do use it for storage as well (lol).

If this test seems to work, there's another place close by that is air-conditioned and has electricity. I would have to get a smaller space, but that would be ok.