Thread: Found this pic

Found this pic

d03ed93a1652a1cf378d9e6cba77387b.jpg

I think we all agree with this.

In reality NO! Just on the tags, because when you buy them they are "yours" what ever gender you are to use as you please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Banned Spammer
    Now that is clever, I hadn't thought of that answer lol

I like your statement Franlee.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Cloths are just pieces of material, made to keep us warm and covered up. Why should it matter what style cloths we wear.
    Erica

Yes, they do. I'm a crossdresser, a guy who wears women's clothes. Is this just another labels thread?

Lol don't turn this into a label thread Nicole. But I agree with you also, I'm easy today. I am a male that enjoys wearing the clothes made for the female. Especially the soft frilly or soft nylon type. So I guess I turn my male nylon workout shirts into a joy to wear. That doesn't really make make sense either as I would be working out more if I felt feminine in them. Just something about the clothing having a tag that came from the women's department.

to me it matters that the clothes were intended for the female of our species.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

If there were no connection to gender with styles of clothes, we would all feel just fine in drab. But we don't. We want to pick things that are only designated for girls, to change how we feel, by what we wear.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Jaylyn, did I say labels? I meant tags. haha

Clothes send out signals: I am rich, or I laugh in the face of consumerism, or I'm a Jock, a biker, business-person, frat-girl, hipster, hippie-chick, soccer-mom, from India (a sari), from Japan (kimono), the middle-east (burka), or any other culture you can think of, yadda, yadda, yadda.

The only thing that all these different clothes have in common (except maybe for a pair of jeans), is the uncanny way they have of signaling that the wearer is either male or female. lol. In every culture, across all time, there has been a significant difference between clothing that is generally accepted as being either male or female.

It's only in the last few years, really, that the gender-gap has narrowed enough for some people in our culture to purposely adopt unisex clothing. But the people who do make that effort do not constitute a large percentage of the population. Most people do indeed prefer clothing that signal their gender.
    Reine

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    Just to throw a cat amongst the pigeons. I've cherry picked a few photos here. I think the third one is the best example of how both sides are a common look for the female and not so on the right hand side for the male.

2015-07-28 13.39.15.jpg

2015-07-28 13.39.34.jpg

2015-07-28 13.39.40.jpg

2015-07-28 13.40.51.jpg

#%^ no

I'd debate that *people* have gender.

I mean, a chimp hits us up at 97% similarity. Closer than that, is there still a practical difference?

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Clothes only have gender because the majority of society apply the male/female labels to them and accept the use of those labels. I ignore the labels when I choose what clothes I want to wear.

Karen

You can buy a pair of men's blue jeans and then re-cut and sew them into a skirt.
    The original product was made for a man.
    Is this a "loophole"?
    If a man wore such a skirt, would he still be a crossdresser?

I only wear women's clothes because I like them. Not because they are women's clothing.

Non-binary/Questioning
    From Eddie Izzard:
    eddie.jpg

If you speak French, clothes have gender.

Skirts, dresses, shirts and socks are feminine while sweaters, pants and gloves are masculine. A bra is masculine too.

^ Yeah, I know (I'm French too). There's no rhyme or reason to the assignation of feminine or masculine to every noun in the french language. I feel sorry for people who are learning to speak it. lol

Feminine: airplane, bicycle (bicyclette), table, lamp, saw, page, box, house, ear, etc.

Masculine: boat, bicycle (bicycle), desk, rug, hammer, book, package, building, eye, etc.
    Reine

Platinum Member
    Hi Joan, Gender refers to language such as He She, Him Her, Mr. Mrs., Male Female, Masculine Feminine and so on.

It does refer to adamant or in-adamant objects.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gender IDs seem to be the most useful when you are looking for a date.

"Hey there cutie, are you following the trail of treats I'm leaving?"

/wiggle
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Signs signs everwhere there are signs .Busting up the scenrey breaking my mind .Every store i go into there is a mens section and a womens section .I rather shop in the womens section than the mens and if that means a gender difference im ok with it .I just like womens clothing better and like the fact im buying womens clothing .Just my opin
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo