Thread: Got my HRT Letter Today

Got my HRT Letter Today

After 3 sessions with the therapist, i did receive my HRT Letter today. I see the MD on Wednesday. Not sure if i will start HRT that day or not. He may order blood work, which they do right there. Overall, i'm progressing. Will keep you all updated.

~Alexandria~
    "Be who you are, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise"

"If you're not transgender, you don't understand, so STFU"

Congratulations! What a wonderful milestone to reach. are you excited, anxious, happy, what?? you need to celebrate.

I'm excited for the most part. Im trying to keep my anxiety down so i dont have a panic attack. Lol. I will celebrate once i start HRT

Banned Read only
    Congratulations Alexandria! Did your therapist just interview or were there tests (cogiati I think is one)?

Just 3-one hour therapy sessions and that was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria Lynne View Post
    Not sure if i will start HRT that day or not. He may order blood work,
    You will want the baseline levels so don't be upset if you have to wait a few days!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    You will want the baseline levels so don't be upset if you have to wait a few days!
    I can wait a few days. Just not a few weeks. Lol

Congratulations Alexandria! I am 3 months into HRT. I couldn't be more pleased. It is a beautiful big step !
    Suzanne

When I got the HRT letter (early February), I got my endo appointment a month later (March 3rd), then they did the blood work the day of the visit, I got the phone call with the agreement to start hormones about 10 days later, and I was able to go to the pharmacy right after. I guess that will be similar timing for you, hoping you can get the endo appointment earlier than that.

Congratulations on your major milestone and good luck with the (many) coming steps.

Lauren
    That's great news!
    When my wife got her prescription for HRT, it was 7pm. I drove around until we found a chemist that was still open. Success! She started that night.
    Have fun :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Karolyn View Post
    When I got the HRT letter (early February), I got my endo appointment a month later (March 3rd), then they did the blood work the day of the visit, I got the phone call with the agreement to start hormones about 10 days later, and I was able to go to the pharmacy right after. I guess that will be similar timing for you, hoping you can get the endo appointment earlier than that.

Congratulations on your major milestone and good luck with the (many) coming steps.
    Doctors dont require endos here. Mine will prescribe and maintain

Well done Alex! Happy for your progress...

Most folk who start seem to feel some benefit fairly quickly and I hope it will be the same for you...

Your example will, I'm sure, give others encouragement to seek out assistance wherever they are...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Alexandria,

So glad to read things are working out for you and you are moving forward in your journey.

Cheers

Isha

Silver Member
    Great. What is the plan for you to start living the lifestyle taking HRT is intended for? Are you going to go out as a woman even though your wife may lose her job? How is she taking this news? Do you have any plans to continue seeing a therapist? Do you think the requirement for therapy was unnecessary or did you benefit from it? Are you fortunate to have insurance that will cover the costs of HRT?
    Good Luck, keep us posted.

Platinum Member

I Wish You All The Best.

Hi Alexandria, Congratulations on your decision,

I hope all the paths in your new life's journeys are covered with ROSE PETALS & SUNSHINE.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Welcome to our very weird club.

Robin 414- Cogiati is not a serious test. It's more like a Cosmo 'Which Disney princess are you'. It was so flawed from the getgo that it is laughable. Just answer the questions in such a way to get you the result you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    Great. What is the plan for you to start living the lifestyle taking HRT is intended for? Are you going to go out as a woman even though your wife may lose her job? How is she taking this news? Do you have any plans to continue seeing a therapist? Do you think the requirement for therapy was unnecessary or did you benefit from it? Are you fortunate to have insurance that will cover the costs of HRT?
    Good Luck, keep us posted.
    Hey Sara: For now, I will compromise with her on a few things (i won't dress out in public here where I live, but I will travel 45 minutes north of me and dress when i feel the need to.) I have a TransGirlfriend up there (just a friend). As every other wife/spouse, she's not taking this too well at all, but she did go to one of my therapy sessions with me. We are going to go together again. I just have to see when she's free. She's a band/choir director, and they are starting summer band this week and next week, then school starts on the 13th, so she's a busy woman. My HRT Letter states that I will need to continue to see her during my transition, just maybe once or twice a month, not every week like I've been doing. . . I have been reading a lot on the doctors here in Arkansas, and there are only 4 that specialize in HRT. And 2 of them only require an HRT referral from a therapist. I found out AFTER my therapy session yesterday that mine didn't, but oh well. . . And no, i do not have insurance.
    Last edited by Sandra; 07-28-2015 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Please don't advertise about doses, price and cost.

Went to my doctor today and........

Got my blood drawn, talked to the doctor for 30 minutes, he emailed in my scripts while i was setting there. They are ready for pick up.

I AM ON HRT! WOOT! WOOT!

Congratulations! May "The Force" be with you.

Congratulations! When is your follow-up blood work?

Be sure to stay very well hydrated. Spiro is an diuretic, so it is easy to get dehydrated until you get used to it.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hey Eryn: He wants to see me in one month to take my blood work again, just to make sure everything is going ok. It is a little scary knowing the side effects of these meds, so i'm gonna have to change my diet and exercise a little more. I'm a bit on the nervous side right now, but I hope everything goes ok. I will just have to watch and see if i develop pain anywhere that's not normal.