Thread: Went out. Not the first time, but the most adventurous.

Went out. Not the first time, but the most adventurous.

Our air conditioning is broken and won't be repaired until tomorrow. My wife took the opportunity to take herself and the kids to her parents' for the evening where it's still cool inside. Great! It's been a while since I've seen Danica. I took out the dress that my wife bought for me a few years ago, made myself up, donned some nylons and heels and I was good to go! Now, I could have easily stayed in like a bore. Instead, I was inspired to finish whatever evening chores I gave myself, then go for a drive!

I had only been outside a few times, mostly in my back yard and once around the block in a skirt, so going anywhere farther than my front porch is an adventure. I grabbed one of my wife's empty purses to carry my ID, keys, and phone, locked the door behind me, and before I knew it I was off. Where would I go? Well I didn't bring any money, so no drive through for a Diet Coke or anything. I drove around my neighborhood just soaking it in. Eventually I found a court which didn't have every porch or garage light on and put the car in park. Here goes nothing.

And it was almost nothing (except the rush on the inside). Aside from the car passing by, nobody (that I know of) got a look. I walked down the block and back, which to me was a great success. I kept driving around town for another 45 minutes or so, found another avenue to walk along, and came back home. It felt great to do! I'll share a pic or two when they've uploaded. For now, I'm going to relax and enjoy my small victory.

Great achievement, Danica! It's wonderful you were able to get out and enjoy yourself just being you.

Sounds like a great adventure! Those little victories are important, they add up and inspire confidence for the bigger steps to come!
    Tristessa

Awww hunny.. Am so proud of you for that. It may seem small to some, but I still remember that very first time.. For me it was just a 15 second walk across a supermarket carpark to the ATM and back.. every step you take beyond where you've stepped before is a major victory hun.. I hope it's merely the first of many more adventures for you.

Lots of Luv
    Abi x x x

well done, one step leads to another, i remember my first car trip, nerves-a-flutter, back-up pack in case i broke down, now i just fly out without even thinking of it :-)))
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Hi Danica,

That is such a big step, whew, but you did it! I'm sure that most of us felt the same way that first time -- yes, nerves aflutter and everything else and then at the end the feeling "That was so cool!" Here's tot he next one!

Hugs,

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Gone to live my life
    Hi Danica,

It is the little steps that sometimes mean the most to us . . . CONGRATS on your adventure!

Cheers

Isha

As someone who has been there I say congratulations. I remember the first time I ventured outdoors. I drove down the street late one winter night to put gas in my car. I was shaking like a leaf; and not just from the cold. I quickly came back home nervous but knowing that I had taken a big first step. Fast forward a few years later yesterday. Shopping, a trip to the MAC counter, a bite to eat, and a nice glass of wine at an outdoor cafe. I never thought any of that would happen. Patience, patience, patience.

Lauren
    Great work. Sounds like you had a blast

Platinum Member
    Hi Danica, It's like they say, "A trip of a thousand miles starts with the first step" .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Awesome! There are no small victories -- if you felt challenged, you overcame and you're smiling, it's a major win. Congratulations!

Reality Check
    That sounds like fun. I think you would be better off walking in the business district or a mall than walking around a neighborhood at night, especially your own. There are often people watching what is going on and someone could call the police. It happened to one of the members here a while back.

Your story will resonate with so many of us. It brings back memories of my early ventures and I can still remember the contrasting feelings of fear and excitement followed by a rush of relief once back in the car. Here's hoping you get more opportunities like this soon. Well done you.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Reality Check
    For me, the difficulty is getting from the house to the car and back without being seen by the neighbors. I usually underdress and then finish dressing in the car in a shopping center parking lot. Of course this is a PITA and discourages me from going out more.

Once out and dressed though, I find it easier and better to go to a mall or the tourist or business section of town and just get out of the car and walk like I have some place to go. The same as a woman would. Skulking around and trying to hide arouses suspicion. Of course it helps to dress like other women would for the time and place.

It's so great to hear others are getting out. Your on your way to more, bigger, better adventures. It gets much easier and after awhile and you wonder why you didn't go out sooner.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.