Thread: not nervous any more

Smile not nervous any more

i had to take my SO to omaha to the doctor. stayed at a motel overnite. the next day i got dressed and we went to the free breakfast, had a good
    conversation with the clerk at the front desk. the clerks didnot bleave me that i was a guy dressed up a lady. had to show them my driver license to prove it. then went home via the interstate and
    used the rest stops. had lunch at a applebees. no one did a second look. the waitress called us ladies.no problems any where or any time. it was great fun.

this is not the first time that i have been out dressed. i think the secete is just walk in like you own the bussness and no on e will pay any
    attion to you.

sue ellen

life is like roll of tp. the closer to the end the faster it goes.

Banned Read only
    Good for you, Sue Ellen. The real key is to "own it". It is just another normal day in your life.

You're so right Sue; confidence and attitude make a huge difference, and I've found that a nice smile is always disarming....

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Go in like you belong there, engage people and you will be surprised some will read you, some won't and most won't care either way.
    I'm glad you had a great time.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 07-29-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Once I let go of my inhibitions and nervous attitude it became much easier.

Nice to hear from another person from Nebraska. I am always afraid of what others will say if I ever decided to go out in public. I know I am no way even close to passing, so I would just be a guy in a dress.

Platinum Member
    Sounds as though you have it down pat. Enjoy the world now, free from those old apprehensions!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Hi Sue Ellen, You really have this program mastered.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Your first time out dressed? What a wonderful success story! You're no doubt partly correct, that being confident in your femininity can make a big difference in how people perceive you, but there has to be more to it than that. You must be blessed with a great natural look, and you must have picked up the skills to make the most of it. Congratulations on all of that!

I like stories like you wrote. Good times and no problems, hope your wife is ok and nothing serious. Your right about the confidence thing. It applies in life and everything we do. Act like we own it.

hey sounds like fun, can I come next time?
    FIND ME!!
    My YouTube - https://tinyurl.com/yaa6k27o

Red face

I lived in Omaha many years. I have found that in Lincoln or Omaha, you are in good shape. On the Kansas Turnpike, or on I80, well, it's a mixed bag. If you act like you belong there as a woman, I think you are exactly correct. There are many corn fed women there (Doh, I didn't say that, did I?) that would pass as mixed gender in other places. I can say that as I have close relatives that meet that description! Please don't shoot me for my candid synopsis

Reality Check
    It's great that you were out and had a good time and no problems. Just be aware that it doesn't always go this smoothly. Members here have reported unpleasant incidents in the past. Be aware of your surroundings and be careful.

Here's a current thread on someone else's experience going out in public:
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ing-the-masses
    Last edited by Krisi; 08-06-2015 at 07:08 AM.