Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often is too often?

Currently, I full dress once a month or so. I would like to dress more often but I am just to busy between work and other social obligations. I think more than once a week would be too much for my fiancee.

Reality Check
    When crossdressing gets in the way of your "normal" life, it's too often. Otherwise, there's no set amount of time.

I draw the line at four outfits per day. Anything more than that is too much.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Nope, dress as often as you feel you need too.. it's your life enjoy it.

How often is too often?

It's different for each of us. Ten years ago my wife agreed that I could dress fully once a month and attend a local support meeting. I found dressing fully once a month to be too much. I now dress fully less than four times a year and go out maybe once or twice. That said I underdress in some way most every day.

Well, I just spent 3 days of my vacation at our lake house and had no guy things there at all. Haven't even thought about it either.

We all have our periods where we think about this. My last was about 10 years ago. Now I dress how I desire, when I desire and don't give it a second thought.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

If it feels right to you.. then do it, if it feels like it's getting too much, then devote a little time to your male side. You will find your natural balance in time.

Personally, I tend to wear the clothes every night when I get home from work in drab mode. I get all dolled up at varying intervals.. recently it's been once a fortnight but then I've just come out in my local town so am kinda enjoying the opportunities that opens up. prior to that, Abi could sometimes be dolled up several nights in a week.. or possibly not dolled up for several months on end..

The nails are generally tended manicured and polished most of the time and I wear cute gold studs in my ears, so part of Abi is always there with me, and I can function in society quite happily as my male side without Abi coming out too strongly.

Abi is well loved by my inner circle of friends however, so when I go to visit them, I will always try to make every other visit one from Abi.

If you feel like it, go for it.. if you don't feel like it, go buy yourself a nice shirt and pair of designer jeans or something and treat your male side as well as you treat your female side.

Lots of Luv
    Abi x x x

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belle Cri View Post
    Junius -

I think the real answer whenever you bloody well feel like it and hang what anyone else thinks.
    my thoughts exactly.....why limit yourself, and deprive yourself from something you love.....

As most others have said, it isn't really about what is too much. IF... you find that your CDing is beginning to effect the life you have in negative ways, then you will need to evaluate your life. For many of us, myself included, the amount of desire to dress and how much we actually do are not always the same. Generally CDers will desire more than what they actually do. That's ok, as there are many things in life that we desire to do or do more of that we do not because of bigger life commitments.

IF- you find that your desire, or need to crossdress is really beginning to have a negative effect in your life, or the amount that you are CDing, then the evaluation would be, how much do I really need to, how can my life be altered to accommodate CDing yet not make any drastic changes? IF- you find that you cannot meet your needs without drastic changes, then that is ultimately fine as well. It isn't a weakness. Please do not try to treat CDing like an addiction. Dressing in itself does not make someone want to dress more. What that feeling is, is your brain feeling what is right for you, typically.

Yes, there is the pink fog, which sometimes does make us get into an obsessed mode over dressing. Sometimes makes us want to live 24/7, or out ourselves to the whole world. If it is a case of the pink fog, then that will usually pass after a few days or few weeks. Others may say they feel it longer, but I would guess that if the feeling of wanting to live as a woman becomes persistent, then a complete evaluation, and probably a good idea with a gender counselor would be wise.

Welcome to the forum and to the world of CDing. Its not all bad, and nothing about it, no matter how much or how little it is done is ultimately bad. If your life needs changes to accommodate it, then make the accommodations. The only thing that makes it bad is if we are not honest about ourselves and what we are doing to those closest to us.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned