Thread: Encouragement for Shoppers

Encouragement for Shoppers

Hi, there was a time when I was nervous when picking up a cute dress or taking my time deciding on whether I should buy a certain item because the SA's are watching.

I have spent this summer browsing makeup and women's clothes at various stores. It's been great, I browse stores on my free time, sometimes en femme!
    I have made over $70 on purchases of much needed cosmetics and another sum of money on clothes and shoes.

Fast forwards to today, I went to a women's boutique for used clothes hoping to find items that I missed when they were new in department stores. I found a nice pink peplum top which I needed to add to my collection. The employees were really nice as I was browsing, after about 5 minutes, a young girl told me that this is the women's section and that they have a small men's section in a small corner. I smiled replied with "it's ok", she responded with "oh ok, were you shopping for anything in particular?" I told her that I was just browsing and told her "thank you."

It wasn't nerve-racking but it was also great at the same time, she then left me and went her marry way. I was continued with checking out the isles of skirts and dresses and I was so comfortable as I had the intention of making a purchase. It was a great experience for me and I will right down mentally in my book of experiences.

So, my lesson is to shop with confidence and own up to it. If you like it, then buy it
    Have a great day

I was unable to buy anything as the top's zipper was damaged and not worth fixing:P
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    here is an old article I did on shopping in public......thanks to Caitlyn...this just got easier a WHOLE lot easier....my new line is " Hi.....I am like Caityn '
    http://sexycrossdressergurl.blogspot...ow-to-get.html

When shopping and going to the cosmetics counter or clothing store I would tell the person that I was transgendered. That is until I realized I was displaying a level of insecurity that detracted from my attempts to blend in. Now I don't say anything in that regard and simply do my shopping. No one has said anything so far which would give me the impression that they thought I was not a woman. Maybe I pass well lol. Or maybe they are just being polite and respectful. Either way it's fine with me.

My confidence waxes and wanes a little but it's growing slowly. A good friend gave me that sage advice that no one knows why you are buying those items and more importantly no one cares! Thank you for the link to the blog Adriana. That's new to me and I'll be pouring over it I can see.

Shopped for the first time in public yesterday. Bought a cute top and my first bra with some cute panties. Not something that could be easily downplayed so I walked in like it was an everyday thing for a man to buy. fellow customers didn't pay me much attention. I found what I wanted in the price range and sizes that worked for me; walking to the cash register I chose the shortest line as I felt my confidence dwindling. The SA couldn't look at me as she rang through my items. I saw her scowl and shake her head like it was a personal insult. She refused to even talk to me. Too her credit she remained professional enough to keep her thoughts to herself. I walked away with a wild grin, knowing that the worst had happened and that it wasn't as bad as I imagined.

My suggestion to anyone who can't always do amazon but lack the confidence to head to a department store, go to a thrift store and walk in like you have every right to be there. And you know what the funny part is? You do have every right. No one is watching you. No one is judging you. And if you see disdain on someone else's face, their jaded attitude is their own problem so just keep shopping in peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYQnm3y6Uu8

is this why you don't go with a GG?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

I have no trouble shopping in the woman's dept' I buy anything I wish and dont care if the SA thing it for me or not. I was with my wife once and the cashier told me the otem would look good on me. And I told her "I hope so".
    Angie

Aspiring Member
    It is a lot easier to tell the SA the items are for yourself then to let her think otherwise. They see to want to help out more.

While I am sure there are exceptions, almost every single shopping experience I have had, I have been treated exceptionally well. As long as you don't know the SA, they don't know who you are. Anonymity is powerful.

Be honest. Whenever asked what "her" size is, I respond "I am a 12". Once both parties know what is what and who is who, the guard goes down and it's a human to human connection. I frequently shop at Dress Barn and Soma in male mode and always gets hugs as I leave. They know I am a customer, I am a nice person and I am fun to be around.

This is true in regular stores as well as thrift stores. I have bought about $100 in thrift store purchases (and any one who shops thrift stores knows that means I bought a LOT of clothing) and I always try things on, always dressed in male mode. My point is, and I spent many years nervous about these purchases, relax, no one is judging you. And even if they are, they don't know you and that judgement is all forgotten moments later. Also, you are not the first, nor are you the last, man to purchase a woman's item.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kandi Robbins View Post
    Also, you are not the first, nor are you the last,
    ,,,but you could be the next,

Quote Originally Posted by Kandi Robbins View Post
    man to purchase a woman's item.
    This past Tuesday I had a business trip to Rochester. Afterwards I made a stop at SAVERS, my favorite thrift store. I bought 2 pairs of pants and 2 skirts. The cashier wasted no time in telling me that they have 30% off on Tuesdays if you are 50 or over.

"So, are you 50?" she said.

"At this point, 50 is a dim memory!" I said.

"Very good, then!!!"

Works for me...

DeeAnn

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing!
    Think my wedding ring kind of explains things when someone sees me looking through the women's sections.
    I bought a pair of purple pumps a few days ago from the Thrift Store on base (5.5" heel and 1.5" platform) for my wife, and kind of for me. They were $4.35 after tax and in great condition.
    Anyways.
    The lady at the counter upon purchase commented that they were, "my color". I was not wearing my ring.
    Then I wondered if she saw me try one on earlier. Wife and I wear the same exact size, though she is just a tiny bit wider. I did not see anyone spot me; the store just opened and there were very few customers about.
    They ran small for a size 10, fitting perfect.
    I have no problem purchasing dresses, skirts, and heels from that store.
    Also, wife loves the purple heels. She can walk in them, but said she isn't ready to take 'em out and about.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".