Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Thread about me, After a year and a half of embracing who I truly am :)

A Thread about me, After a year and a half of embracing who I truly am :)

I've always loved dressing up, I used to think it was only to be in costume but it was apparently so much more than that. I remember I used to try on my sisters skirts when I was younger and I loved how they looked. I'd play around with what little makeup I could and I had no idea how to apply any of it aside from lipstick.

I had my first big chance in Highschool though when I had to do a group project and the girls I chose to do it with, somehow we got on the topic of me dressing up like a girl and dancing to Shania Twain. I think I steered the conversation this way somehow, maybe not the Shania part. All in all, I pretended to be upset with certain aspects, such as makeup and acting Feminine but deep down I adored it. I had a skirt on, a nice cute shirt and a stuffed bra.

I had really never revisited that moment though again until I met my current Girlfriend who is absolutely amazing. She encourages me to be Emily, she loves when we can have girl time and she loves to make me outfits or put them together. I am very very lucky to have her.

I have gone to a few Conventions with her, Anime and the like...Anime North, Atomic Lollipop and I have really grown to enjoy dressing up as Emily for these Conventions. I really love it, and at a Con it's not half as vulnerable as the outside world...although I do quite enjoy that feeling as well.

It's actually terrifying to go out in the middle of the day dressed up, I need a lot of positive reinforcement from any girls in the vicinity and luckily my friend's are incredible people as well. They never miss a beat and always call me Emily and introduce me as such. I've had some amazing times with them and my girlfriend.

I'd like to share my Google drive link below for people to see if they'd like. I'll post a photo from each section to give a glimpse but hopefully this isn't against the rules. I just want to share my pictures despite that some of them aren't very good.

If I am allowed to keep this link up, feel free to keep it if you'd like. My drive will automatically update whenever I add something to the folder.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Dg&usp=sharing

Hopefully posting links to my drive is ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    *~kisses~* Emily£ *~kisses~*

Miss Emily, very cute pictures,sounds like you are really have a fun time, good for you girl, enjoy it!, and i know it helps to have a lovely girlfriend to be out with, your a very lucky girl, thanks so much for sharing your life with the rest of us girl. hugs
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Very, very cute. Have fun with it, girl! The yellow dress is fabulous!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

wow Emily, fabuous, and that yellow dress is to die for!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Emily, thanks for your lovely post and the pictures. You inspire me.

Lately, my brain has sent me Shania singing "men's shirts, short skirts" over and over again....

While I am not in touch with them very much, most of my family is from London / Toronto and still lives in Southern Ontario....I can here your accent in my head, eh.

Peace,
    St. Eve

OMG, you and your GF are so cute, so love the tinkerbell outfit on you
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Gone to live my life
    Hi Emily,

Very cute couple and I am glad you have reached a place of peace with yourself. Being happy on the path you travel is probably the best place to be.

Cheers

Isha

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    You both look like you're having a blast!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Great pics you look so comfortable....happiness is in acceptance and it sounds like you have found that. Good for you
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Welcome, Emily!
    Cute pics, both you and your girlfriend! Looks like you're both having fun, too, and that's a good thing.

I'm not a gamer or into Comicon, but this is terrific. How great to have the venue to express yourself like this! The atomic lollipop series is my personal favorite.
    Life is an endless struggle full of frustrations and challenges, but eventually you find a hairstylist you like.

Platinum Member
    Very cute and so wonderful to have the support of your GF. I must confess, I have no idea what an atomic lollipop is....
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Great to hear the two of you are enjoying yourselves and each other.

Karen

Lucky, lucky girl. You have it all, honey. Enjoy!

Hi Emily. Sounds like you are having a great time with good friends. You look fantastic. Enjoy!

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Ditto...wonderful pics, Emily. Nice to see another Canadian here...

I agree, the two of you make a cute couple!!! Have a great time with it!!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    Wow, the two of you are, as my girlfriend would say, "Adorzable!"
    The wood nymph/Tinkerbell pics are fantastic!!!
    Last edited by Paula_Femme; 08-03-2015 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Clarity
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

Emily you look great! I've just gotten into the idea of costuming as i have skills to do such things. But i don't think i'd look half as good as you. But I do agree that if i was going to go out as kat, a con would be the most comfortable place to do it for me.
    -kat
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

Platinum Member
    Hi Emily, You are such a pretty young lady,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by Closeted Kat View Post
    Emily you look great! I've just gotten into the idea of costuming as i have skills to do such things. But i don't think i'd look half as good as you. But I do agree that if i was going to go out as kat, a con would be the most comfortable place to do it for me.
    -kat
    Awwww. Thanks Kat!

It is a very easy going nice and accepting place for sure my favourite.

You should definitely check a Con out and make a costume up if that's what you want to try though Some of them are just pure fun zones. Just have to be careful to avoid the ones that only care about bringing in money :S

Quote Originally Posted by Isabella Ross View Post
    Ditto...wonderful pics, Emily. Nice to see another Canadian here...
    Thanks so much Isabella

Where in Canada are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Very cute and so wonderful to have the support of your GF. I must confess, I have no idea what an atomic lollipop is....
    I'm very happy to have her

Atomic Lollipop is just a Japanese Anime Convention haha but it's their fancy name for the Convention itself.

It was just a place to go, dress up in costume, hang out and do really fun things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Smith View Post
    I'm not a gamer or into Comicon, but this is terrific. How great to have the venue to express yourself like this! The atomic lollipop series is my personal favorite.
    Thanks so much!

By far the Atomic Lollipop ones are my favourite as well. My girlfriend made the dress for me for Fluttershy*Pink hair* and I was in heaven. We did my hair up to look like Lindsey Stirling's as well and I adore her when she plays Violin. If you haven't heard of her or seen her play, it's amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    OMG, you and your GF are so cute, so love the tinkerbell outfit on you
    Thanks so much! I love that outfit. My girlfriend made it out of Pleather and it fit really snug but form fitted. She's my favourite character in the series though, Periwinkle from Secret of the Wings.

Also, funny as it sounds they are wonderful and fairly profound movies