Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Implant Consultation

Silver Member
    In fairness to the wedding dress posts, the girls told them up front that they were not buying.

You admitted that you lied on purpose. You also knew that you would get flack about your post, but proceeded to illicit an ethical response. You then called anyone with an opinion that didn't agree with yours holier than thou.

Please define hypocrisy. Maybe my panties are in a bunch, but you invited contraversy.

Quite frankly, the post to me seemed like an attempt to play a game of one upsmanship to how far can I go in tweeking the vanilla world.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 08-03-2015 at 10:48 PM.

I work for an engineering firm that does a lot of work for the US Government and for forign governments.

We spend our own money to prepare bids, and we often do preliminary deigns to support them. We often need to produce a working demo. e spend a lot of money doing proposals. Mostly the Government is serious. But sometimes they change their mind. Sometimes the price is too high, and they cut back. Sometimes their budget gets cut. There are always competitors who bid against us. It's a cost of doing business, and it's built into our rats when we do win a contract.

I would think a consult (for a boob job) is a cost of doing business
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I don't think it is a big deal. Take it easy, folks.

How many of you have gone into a shop browsing knowing full well that you probably are not going to buy today? Did you always announce to a shop keeper at the door that "I am not intending to buy anything today"? Have you tried clothing in store just to try it? Have you tasted free sample at Costco just to taste it?

Free consultation is part of cost of generating business, just like free samples, or coupons. Before we put such a hash standard on someone else, let's think about if we can measure up to it ourselves.
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

dont throw rocks in your glass house..
    we all have done it some time.

No, we haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan4now View Post
    In fairness to the wedding dress posts, the girls told them up front that they were not buying.
    I cannot imagine there is a lot of disclosure up front about not buying. Some in these pages truly want a wedding dress of their own and as such, they follow through with buying. Others see it as some sort of fantasy to go through the picking-out/trying-on process and manage to concoct elaborate stories to pull this off with no intention of buying. This is time wasting and gives our community a bad name.

You admitted that you lied on purpose. You also knew that you would get flack about your post, but proceeded to illicit an ethical response. You then called anyone with an opinion that didn't agree with yours holier than thou.
    And OP disclosed a deep disconnect with the males of our species and went to a lot of trouble looking for a "female only" medical establishment (I can only imagine those phone conversations). This tells me that running around sporting breasts as a male is a significant non-starter which doesn't suggest to me there is anything even remotely serious about this consultation endeavor. I see nothing that suggests this information will be filed away for safe keeping for use sometime in the future.

Please define hypocrisy. Maybe my panties are in a bunch, but you invited contraversy.

Quite frankly, the post to me seemed like an attempt to play a game of one upsmanship to how far can I go in tweeking the vanilla world.
    Right, involvement of others just to play a game, exercising a fantasy.

This has little to do with kicking tires at a car dealership but that is also time wasting if the person kicking knows very well they cannot afford the car. Years ago, my wife and spent an afternoon looking at car models which were just outside of our comfortable price range. We ended up buying one. But it isn't like we went looking at Ferrari's knowing full well there was no way on earth we could afford such a car. And I'm sure said Ferrari dealership has measures to weed out the time wasters who certainly walk onto their lot.

In this case, affordability doesn't seem to be so much the issue. Rather, it is about knowing deep down there is pretty much zero intent to follow through with the recommendations made in the consultation. If that isn't time wasting, and involvement of others in one's petty fantasy scenario, then what is?

I'll bet the doctor's office had quite the chuckle afterwards and when a transitioning woman comes through their doors sometime in the future, she might be looked upon in a similar light thanks to the impression OP likely left behind. That is a hurdle she shouldn't have to be concerned about overcoming.

I think I'll go to Costco today and sample up a free lunch!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I'm on the other side of the fence of some of my absolute favorite posters on this site (I'm looking at you, Sara Jessica, and you, Meghan). No problem, love hearing your thoughts and perspectives.

A couple of times I've gone dolled up into Louboutin and Jimmy Choo stores and announced "every girl should try on a pair of $600 shoes in their life time, don't you think?" Every time the SA continued as if I were purchasing. Unhappily neither makes a shoe big enough for me, so it was all moot. I think this is all OK, and I'm sure a very large percentage of their customers are driven by curiosity. Hugs, Michelle

(Mutual admiration society, Michelle )...

The difference is that if you found a Jimmy Choo or CL in your size, you may have fallen in love and bought one when you saved up enough pennies. I know that is what I did.

I've talked buying patterns with a high end retailer that I frequent at times and the owner told me that women who begin to shop there often don't make their first purchase until at least their third visit. The point is that they eventually buy.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)