Thread: HRT making me tired

HRT making me tired

So i am curious to know if anyone else felt tired everyday, after being up only a few hours and just had to have a nap? Is this caused by low testosterone?
    "Be who you are, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise"

"If you're not transgender, you don't understand, so STFU"

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    I've not experienced that. I maintains steady 5-6 hours sleep per night and feel as I did pre HRT. Maybe have a talk to your doctor, doesn't sound normal.
    Call me Donna, please

this is where "See your doctor" is better advice than what you'll get here. You may need an adjustment in dose or you could be reacting to the drug
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Are you staying properly hydrated? Spiro is a diuretic and can really dehydrate you! This can be mistaken for fatigue.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I think I was tired both before and after starting HRT. Love my afternoon naps.

Both "See your doctor" and "Drink more water throughout the day" sound like good advice.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Silver Member
    I agree with the see your doctor advice which I hope he or she stressed when they wrote the script for a powerful life altering drug! You also should have been told the likely side effect to it before you started taking it. If they did blood work first the low testosterone question would be known already. Good luck and I hope you are being well taken care of.

Reality Check
    Feeling tired every day is one of they symptoms of low testosterone and one of the reasons doctors prescribe testosterone patches or gels to increase testosterone levels.

You need to talk to the doctor who is overseeing your HRT.

i've been drinking water today, and thus far, I feel fine. . . Past few days, I haven't been drinking a lot, so I think that I was starting to get dehydrated. I've downed the liquids today though. It's only a little after 3pm right now, so we will see in 3-4 hours how I feel. I do feel like my Testosterone is low though, because the desire for sex or masturbating is gone. I don't even think about it.

Sarasometimes - They did do blood work initially, but did not test my Testosterone to begin with. He said there wasn't any need to, but will definitely test it when I go back on August 26th.

medical advice needs to come from medics, not us! In fact I'm sure its in the rules folks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Platinum Member
    Hi Alex, I don't need HRT to make me tired it just comes naturally.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Bloating & Excessive Gas?

Does HRT have a history of causing bloating an excessive gas? I've been really gassy for the past 3 days. I feel fine overall, just annoyed.

Silver Member
    How strong of a dose you are on will be a huge factor in the effects and therefore side effects so what is your dose and how is it administered?

I really think these questions need to be asked of the highly skilled practitioner that is prescribing them, not us for your safety!

Banned Read only
    There are many causes of being tired and LOW TESTOSTERONE is the primary suspect if you or on hrt.
    It could be your thyroid,low iron,dehydration,malnutrition..........
    Your gonna need a bunch of blood test
    See my thread about it
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...tisol-steroids
    Last edited by chinabrown; 08-05-2015 at 11:33 PM.

Take multivitamin tablet, once a day.
    Tiredness will go.

While I'm sure multivitamins are safe, the only really safe advice here has already been posted multiple times:

If you're concerned about any side-effects due to prescription drugs, review these with the physician who prescribed them.

Thread done.