Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing at costume party

Hey, you're a new member, welcome!
    I also love Penny, I've loved Kaley Cuoco since 8 Simple Rules.
    Ok, I had something similar back in the day when I started out. You might kinda regret doing so if its people whom you know very well. It just sort of outs you in a way that you can't control. For me it was a bunch of car friends on a forum but it would have been worse if it were my close friends as it can tear things apart. I now live my cd life alone which I'm content with.

Regarding the costume, put some money into it and make it as authentic as possible. Try Forever 21 or a thrift store when shopping for items similar to hers. When you're done, do what you want in it.

Yes, do wear lingerie. It would feel weird with boxers.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Quote Originally Posted by addievaughn View Post
    I think the answers to whether you should or shouldn't and to what extent lie in the rapport you have with your friends. If they know you as the type to take the unexpected approach... and with dedication and flair... then your secret may easily be overlooked as something they deem affectionately as "SO you." On the other hand, if they know you to be a little more on the reserved side, then your sudden abandonment of character would certainly raise questions.

Then again, raising questions can sometimes be fun. Of course, if you're 100% committed to keeping things on the hush, then it's simply out of the question.
    They somewhat see me as a joker, so I kinda have the feeling I can get away with it

Quote Originally Posted by JennyTV View Post
    Well, if you show up at a Big Bang Theory themed costume party as a blonde with boobs and a skirt, they aren't gonna think "Leonard"

Jen
    Yep exactly, that's why I don't need to put a huge amount of money into it, I don't have to look perfectly like her, just close enough

Quote Originally Posted by joanna4 View Post
    Hey, you're a new member, welcome!
    I also love Penny, I've loved Kaley Cuoco since 8 Simple Rules.
    Ok, I had something similar back in the day when I started out. You might kinda regret doing so if its people whom you know very well. It just sort of outs you in a way that you can't control. For me it was a bunch of car friends on a forum but it would have been worse if it were my close friends as it can tear things apart. I now live my cd life alone which I'm content with.

Regarding the costume, put some money into it and make it as authentic as possible. Try Forever 21 or a thrift store when shopping for items similar to hers. When you're done, do what you want in it.

Yes, do wear lingerie. It would feel weird with boxers.
    Hi, most of them are close friends but they knowing me they'll see it as a joke as long as I play it off as one. Could you maybe be more specific about the outfit? You seem the know the character well. What would be the best style for the outfit and hair? And what types of lingerie then?

Reality Check
    In your first post you write "No one knows I dress, and I don’t want to come out or raise suspicions. What do you suggest I do?" Now, you post "They somewhat see me as a joker, so I kinda have the feeling I can get away with it"

I'm left wondering why you asked in the first place if you had already made your decision.

As for the outfit, you've seen the show and you can buy a DVD if you need more ideas on the outfit. "Penny" has worn hundreds of different outfits over the course of the show. Most of her outfits and looks will be very difficult for a natural male to pull off because there's lots of skin showing and showing as well as cleavage.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    In your first post you write "No one knows I dress, and I don’t want to come out or raise suspicions. What do you suggest I do?" Now, you post "They somewhat see me as a joker, so I kinda have the feeling I can get away with it"

I'm left wondering why you asked in the first place if you had already made your decision.

As for the outfit, you've seen the show and you can buy a DVD if you need more ideas on the outfit. "Penny" has worn hundreds of different outfits over the course of the show. Most of her outfits and looks will be very difficult for a natural male to pull off because there's lots of skin showing and showing as well as cleavage.
    Well others here suggested to play it of as a joke, which I had been thinking about as well, but wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do. And for the outfit, that's why I need advice on what would be the best kind of outfit for me.

I have done a New year's eve party dressed on a few occasions and each one of them in rocky horror theme, no one knew that i dressed and no one has mentioned anything since (i was using socks with bird seed for boobs and not my forms to give it away though lol).
    On one there were 3 of us dressed rocky horror and they did a best dressed drinking game and i came 2nd lol.

If its something that you would enjoy without giving too much away with the big smile on your face for being dressed go for it, but if you have any reservations seriously think about it first.
    DJ by name, CD by nature

Quote Originally Posted by jessica_brink View Post
    Hi, most of them are close friends but they knowing me they'll see it as a joke as long as I play it off as one. Could you maybe be more specific about the outfit? You seem the know the character well. What would be the best style for the outfit and hair? And what types of lingerie then?
    You can keep it simple with tight jeans and a camisole with a big bra. Or you can wear a cocktail dress. So to be her, you would want big boobs(just go with a bra) and blonde wig to begin with.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Quote Originally Posted by joanna4 View Post
    You can keep it simple with tight jeans and a camisole with a big bra. Or you can wear a cocktail dress. So to be her, you would want big boobs(just go with a bra) and blonde wig to begin with.
    Sounds good, do you know any pics of her wearing one of these outfits? I'd love to have an outfit that actually appeared in the show. Also what type of lingerie would be the best?

Reality Check
    If you do a web search on "big bang theory" and "costumes", you will find dozens of photos and even costumes to buy or rent. I'll suggest the uniform she wore as a waitress if you want something associated with her specifically. As I recall, it's a yellow blouse and blue skirt.

You've got to show some initiative here, we can't do all your research.

Thanks for all your advice, after reading your comments and thinking it through, I've decided to do it! I just have to make sure I play it off as a joke, don't take it too seriously. I've been looking at lots if outfits, but in the end I' ve come up with this one: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...985ad3f122.jpg I also looove her hairstyle here so I'll probably go with that one as well. Now I need to find a matching wig and dress, so if you see something that looks similar, please let me know. Tell me if you like it, does it seem like a usable outfit?

Also, I still haven't decided on whether or not I should wear lingerie, any advice on that?

And to make it more convincing, I'll need some cathphrases, any suggestions (haven't seen the show in quite some time)?
    Last edited by jessica_brink; 08-09-2015 at 02:03 PM.

Go the whole way from top to bottom. You will enjoy it.

Really hope everything goes great for you for the night, and don't forget the photos ! lol
    DJ by name, CD by nature

Banned Read only
    IMHO I would say go as Amy as Penny (love Big Bang Theory myself BTW). There's a ton of advice posted here and I don't think I can add any technical value but knew a guy many years ago who dressed as a woman every Halloween and looked damn good doing it but no one ever even though for a moment he was a CD....hmm wait a second....oh crap now I'm confused...maybe it takes one to know one 😯 In any case I hope you have a great time and let us know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    IMHO I would say go as Amy as Penny (love Big Bang Theory myself BTW). There's a ton of advice posted here and I don't think I can add any technical value but knew a guy many years ago who dressed as a woman every Halloween and looked damn good doing it but no one ever even though for a moment he was a CD....hmm wait a second....oh crap now I'm confused...maybe it takes one to know one 😯 In any case I hope you have a great time and let us know how it goes!
    Ok thanks But u meant I should go as Amy dressed as Penny? lol and did that guy dress as a certain woman or just as A woman?

Banned Read only
    It was a long time ago but I don't recall he was 'imitating' anyone in particular but was seriuosly passable all the way (appearance). No one at the time thought anything of it but his manerisms were all dude but his look was all chic 😃

There is a simple answer to this of course.. if you REALLY want to dress.. AND you want to make it an obvious humourous reference.. then you should go as Sheldon . get out your french maids outfit (I KNOW you have one!!!).. and when people ask why? you reply with "haven't you ever seen someone trying to get an interview with Stephen Hawking before???"

Quote Originally Posted by Robin414 View Post
    It was a long time ago but I don't recall he was 'imitating' anyone in particular but was seriuosly passable all the way (appearance). No one at the time thought anything of it but his manerisms were all dude but his look was all chic 😃
    Haha, well I need to see a pic of that now

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailJordan View Post
    There is a simple answer to this of course.. if you REALLY want to dress.. AND you want to make it an obvious humourous reference.. then you should go as Sheldon . get out your french maids outfit (I KNOW you have one!!!).. and when people ask why? you reply with "haven't you ever seen someone trying to get an interview with Stephen Hawking before???"
    Haha yes I remember that moment, would've been great, but I think I'll just stick with Penny https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...985ad3f122.jpg
    Last edited by jessica_brink; 08-09-2015 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbigailJordan View Post
    Hell yes ! that would be superb, and as its a BBT party they should all get it.
    Why didn't i think of it ! lol
    DJ by name, CD by nature

yep very original of her,but but I think I'll just stick with my Penny outfit https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...985ad3f122.jpg

I really think that if you go with that type of dress it will be really hard to hide that you are wearing panties(shortness of the dress and how tight it will fit around the butt.but go for it you should have a good time.

I went to a costume party last year at halloween, i still am being called wonder woman sometimes, but i can tell you that the women love it, and still tell me how hot i looked, but beside that no bad has come of it. Wear something hot as some of the ladies here said, tell them isn't this the right party costume there will always be some that can't get out of the male cookie cutter and look at you think why, they are the ones that have troubles with there own personal image. have fun and you will know who is there quick to have a good time and who just wanted to judge. hugs
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Hi-new member. (And the obligatory but very true-thank you for this forum!)

I had this come up re office Halloween contest this last year. Pretty easy for me. I wouldn't bother to "dress" as Amy (like others said, whats the fun?), and I agree with the other comment-100% chance of getting outed if I did Dana the way I want to do Dana. I am nowhere near Pamela7's level of guts to get discovered.

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    There is a line that should not be crossed when CDing for a costume party /Halloween if you do not want to raise suspicions.. The line is not that well defined but one should not dress !00% female.
    One thing that is a giveaway is if you wear high heels ......and are proficient with them.

Every friend who dressed as a female like for Halloween usually his work boots etc .... more like some cartoon character.
    Certainly no lingerie was worn excerpt for maybe a bra for rudimentary breasts.

The effect should be it's a costume...... a joke ..... and not trying to be !00% female.
    Otherwise, the people around you will think that you take dressing as a female just a bit too seriously which is exactly what you do not want.

On the other hand, if you do do not care what people think, go for it .......just stay away from any Howard Wolowitz.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 08-11-2015 at 10:01 AM.