Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Famous crossdressers

I read in a magazine once that Daniel Gregg enjoys crossdressing.
    Also there was the guy from Fleetwood Mac I read about also. These where both magazine interview articles.

Kellie Maloney, used to be boxing manager of Lennox Lewis, heavyweight champion of boxing. For those who don't know her:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellie_Maloney

But by the way, we are talking about crossdressers here Consuelo, not TS. So she would not count in what the OP is asking.

What I'm getting out of all this is that one of you girls needs to get famous.

Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    What I find interesting is that despite three pages of replies to the question, not many certain examples are coming up. Perhaps this tells us more about cross dressers in general that they are mostly very private persons who keep cross dressing to themselves and do not share it publicly.
    I think it also tells us of another myth around here: the myth of growing acceptance... I think we keep it private because we are deeply fearful of repercussions on our loved ones, careers, reputation... Not saying I'm not amongst that group, I am. I think it puts acceptance in the context of a very thin veneer over a big chunk of deep-seated bigotry... sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    Several decades ago we could have asked the same question about well-known persons who were gay and found that many kept it very hidden. Would we have known about Tim Cook,CEO of Apple being gay twenty or more years ago? Now it is acceptable to come out as gay but not quite so acceptable to come out as a cross dresser.
    Agreed - but I also think it's relevant that Tim Cook came out officially AFTER he'd made it to the top... Even amongst the LGB community it still makes sense to some folk to keep their sexuality out of the public domain - and actually isn't that wholly reasonable?

Because what we do transgresses societal norms AND it's overt (if we choose to go public), unlike sexuality which can easily remain covert, we may be more easily discriminated against...

No fair! But while there are surely some amongst the great and the good, they sure don't trust the way society can behave towards us once we go public. The longer this thread continues without notable examples, the more depressing it seems..

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelli Jo-ann View Post
    I read in a magazine once that Daniel Gregg enjoys crossdressing.
    Awesome pick up! I've seen a you tube video of Daniel Craig as a woman, an ad for woman's rights I think...in any case, quite good and worth a Google search!

Iggy Pop?

Quote Originally Posted by Heelios View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have been working hard recently on giving myself a bit of a break and not beating myself up about the fact I like to crossdress, learning self acceptance etc but it got me thinking - how many famous people out there that openly crossdress? And I mean hetro men/women who are crossdressers, not drag queens (gay) or those who have transitioned. Without looking online I can think of 1 - Eddie Izzard. I also heard that Lady Gaga sometimes performs dressed as a man so I guess that's actually 2! Without looking on The Internet can you think of any well known crossdressers and what are they famous for?

Also, and this may apply to UK based folk more so, what do you think of the current run of money supermarket ads? Is it a good thing or perhaps damaging to hoe people might perceive crossdressers? (Those who don't live in the UK can find the ad on YouTube - search money supermarket ads 2015) Personally, I'm not sure. I saw an interview with the guy strutting in heels and I get the impression he was gay although he never said he was so in some resects it may reinforce that thing with thee juggles that only gay fellas crossdress.. Whaddaya think?
    Mother Teresa.

Doesn't pass though.

Quote Originally Posted by arbon View Post
    Brian Molko of the band Placibo

also, does dame edna count?

Matt Lauer has crossdressed for Halloween a number of times. I think I remember an interview that he said he liked it.

No. Dame Edna is just one of Barry Humphries regular stage characters, along with Sir Les Patterson and Sandy Stone.

Richard Branson...I've seen pictures of him dressed as an Air Stewardess, and also on two separate occasions as a bride. These were clearly publicity stunts...but three times?