Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Womamless Beauty Pageants

I think that the generalizing about various regions of the U.S. (e.g. the South) has been way overdone in this thread. I know some parents who are successfully raising transgender daughters in the South and have found good acceptance in their local areas. Same is true in some of the other parts of the country (e.g Kansas) that are 'supposed' to be terrible places for LBTG people. Hate crimes happen in every section of the U.S. (unfortunately!)

There are lots of videos of these pageants on Youtube, and if you watch them, it becomes fairly clear that the participants are just doing it for goofy fun. However, once in a while you'll see someone who is pretty clearly a future member of these forums.

And they do seem to be more common in the parts of the country thought of as being more conservative.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Our little high school had the woman-less style show each spring for years. I had never been to one, but a couple years ago, I was asked to be one of the judges. I must say that the 'girls' were very funny and several of them would have fooled anyone on the street, they really were beautiful and looked feminine sexy. Most of them had several girls to work as a team to get the boy dressed, do their makeup, teach them how to walk in heels and to have girly mannerisms during the show.
    Last year they were not allowed to have the show because someone had called the school and complained that the boys were making fun of all the girls in school. After seeing the first show I sure wanted to see more of them.
    Chelle

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Krisi, you nailed it with your comment about the attitudes of many non Southerners, claiming to be for tolerance and understanding, turning around and stereotyping the South. Pot calling the kettle black, if you ask me!

I have been in one of these, as a fundraiser for Race for the Cure. I raised $100 for cancer research so it was cool. It was not a real beauty pageant, more of a giant joke done in good fun. It was my wife's idea for me to join it. There was no winner, it was just about having fun and spending the evening soliciting donations.

My high school did one during honecoming week, I would never have entertained the idea of joining in back them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Feminin Allisa View Post
    With all the smiles these "boys" are enjoying themselves so they have done this before
    That's pretty obvious. Nobody gets good with make up and posing for girl pictures without practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    Those kids aren't trans or harbouring nascent CD tendencies (well, maybe about 0.3% of them might be...) - this is seen as part of 'rites of passage'
    Perhaps for a few, but there are plenty of men who would never even consider doing this as a rite of passage no matter what the reason. OTOH, anyone with any desire to CD just might use this as a convenient excuse to do what they've always wanted to, all while continuing to tell everyone 'this isn't the REAL me. It's just something I did for kicks. Im really just a normal guy'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer in CO View Post
    one thing I notice in these pageants, look at the feet. Some of these "boys" are wearing 3 and 4 inch heels and you don't walk in those without breaking an ankle without a lot of practice. They didn't just slip them on before going on stage...
    ^this. When you examine something enough, you get clues as to what's really going on, no matter what people tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allison Chaynes View Post
    It was not a real beauty pageant, more of a giant joke done in good fun. .
    See, that's it. You can tell when someone's doing something as a joke or a put on, or really getting into it. Bosom Buddies would not pass and neither would Mrs Doubtfire or the 'Some Like it Hot' gals. Andrej Petkovic, however, could, because he had perfected doing it for real. Some of those guys are way too good at such a complete change in their gender presentation to have it been just a one time 'fun thing'. You don't get that good at it in one performance.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 08-23-2015 at 08:16 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.