Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purging

Suzzi, we are never done dressing.
    I have learned after about 4 purges in my life that it just wont go away. We just hide it and find ways to satisfy our needs when we do hide it.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Gigs View Post
    When I used to purge, I would burn everything. I would start a camp fire, and throw everything on the fire one or two pieces at a time. The whole time swearing that I would never CD again. When I came to the point of accepting myself, I stopped purging. The last purge was in the spring of 2002.
    The start of acceptance was changing the things I could change, accepting the things I could not change, and having the wisdom to know the difference. CDing doesn't rule my life, it is just a quirk, hicup, bump in the road of life.
    I would do the same thing. I would load up and go camping and have a big campfire. There I was in my old Jeep and bantam trailer full of camping equipment and clothes. In the national forest dry camping I would have a campfire every night and throw in clothes.

The last time I did this was in 1992 or so. since then I have given old clothes to Salvation Army or DAV.

Right now my SO and I are on an extended tour of the northwest in our RV and I was able to bring more 'pretty' clothes than drab...wearing mostly panties and women's shorts and jeans. I am so large in the torso that I mostly wear men's Columbia shirts with women's tee shirts. And at night I'm probably the only camper in Vanity Fair pajamas! LOL

We're having a blast! No more purges except for clothes that I never wore or don't fit in any more!

Quote Originally Posted by Christyna View Post
    Suzzi, we are never done dressing.
    I have learned after about 4 purges in my life that it just wont go away. We just hide it and find ways to satisfy our needs when we do hide it.
    Yes I know christyna, I'm still buying and dressing!!!

Ozark, camping is where i get to be really open in fem. Comfy ladies clothing and nature. Some reason it feels so natural.

Suzzi, i started being open in dressing again. Its been such a thrill and pleasing. I only wish i could spend more time dressed. Hum, mqybe a job change. Nah, making a good amojnt now. Dressing is one of my disconnects. It just feels right.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

I put uninteresting or misfitting clothes in a box, but keep it for a few months before taking it to a charity shop, so I have time to think twice and take back anything that was not fully forgotten and should not be 'purged'.

I have purged several times over the years. But now, not for a long time. I've basically given up that practise as a waste of effort time and if course money.
    There is a chance though that I may have to or find somewhere to store my items as we are looking to move.
    Not sure what to do about that.

I usually bring them to Goodwill so that other CDs can wear them

I purged just once when I had to go into the service. I had to be alone for a few hours and I cried just about the whole time. I had quite the wardrobe at the time.

I've purged way too many times over the years. I would build up my wardrobe and then the "guilt feelings would take over" I've trashed many thousands of dollars of clothes. I finally bought a large foot locker with locks. The intent was when I felt like purging, I would place all Lisa's stuff in the locker and lock it. This gave me a cool down period. I purged once after buying the locker. Haven't purged again. Also since I've been on this site and found that I'm certainly not alone and others share the same exact feelings and problems as I do, purging has not entered my thoughts.

I've purged several times. Normally I just break down mentally and throw a giant bag of lingerie in a dumpster and drive away from it like a bat out of hell. A few months ago instead of purging I stowed it away in my car's trunk under the spare tire (so it would be annoying to get to and make me think about it a little bit) and forgot about it entirely. Stopped on the side of the road to help a young girl change her tire and I remembered it. Now I'm teetering back and forth on trying to decide if I want to just leave it there, throw it away again, or just start dressing again.

Don't purge, just don't. It doesn't change anything and you just waste a lot of money. if you have items you no longer need, donate them.

What to do with old clothes...... In the past I went through two purges. Once when I was much younger, and the second, three years ago when I actually thought i could change who I was. I've become a little wiser in my old age, and realize that this is part of me. Like Abigail said, "the clothes are just a symptom of the root cause". As I have become comfortable with "the root cause",and realize its just who i am, its no different than with any other wardrobe items. What doesn't fit, or i have no use for any more I donate, and keep what I like. I am lucky to have an SO that accepts all of me, and is willing to keep an open mind as we grow together. I look back on the thousands in dollars I purged, and will never do it again..... not to mention some wardrobe favorites i wish i still had...(Damn I loved that leather miniskirt...) just saying...