Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Got 5 minutes to spare?

Took it. Very interesting!

I thought some of the questions could have been more expansive and yes I submitted my replies.

Heads up all.
    Going to leave this up for two more weeks.
    So if you haven't filled it in yet, please do so before the 8th September (or there abouts) or you will not be counted!

Thanks again to everyone who has taken part, I'm really confident the sample size will be strong enough to get a strong census.
    Samantha -x-

Platinum Member
    Hi Samantha, I took the survey, will you be posting the results for us ??
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Good survey enjoyed doing it

Interesting survey especially the last two questions

Great survey! You asked the right questions I can't wait to see the results!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Esse Quam Videri!"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Samantha, I took the survey, will you be posting the results for us ??
    Of course I will. It will be a lengthy post too as the final data will need some degree of interpretation.
    I may also need to ask for special permission from admin because it will require the use of several images.
    But a full, easy-easy to read version with images will also be going live on my blog page.
    Samantha -x-

Will the results of all 684 responses thus far at the link below not stay on Google Docs?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HGX...p=form_confirm
    Reine

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    Hello Smile

That's a nice survey with well thought out questions, the only slight change I would make would be to the "married" question.

I would suggest changing the question to, "If married, or in a committed relationship, did your partner know the truth from the beginning of the relationship/marriage?"

My girlfriend and I met online, have been together for about a year and a half now, and while we're not "married," I did tell her about my 'dressing in my very first email to her... so I answered "Yes."

Again, great survey!
    Paula
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Will the results of all 684 responses thus far at the link below not stay on Google Docs?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HGX...p=form_confirm
    I don't know how that will be affected when the survey ends/I close it.
    I will be taking full images that are viewable as slides as a back up at point of closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula_Femme View Post
    Hello Smile

That's a nice survey with well thought out questions, the only slight change I would make would be to the "married" question.

I would suggest changing the question to, "If married, or in a committed relationship, did your partner know the truth from the beginning of the relationship/marriage?"

My girlfriend and I met online, have been together for about a year and a half now, and while we're not "married," I did tell her about my 'dressing in my very first email to her... so I answered "Yes."

Again, great survey!
    Paula
    Not really, the majority of people in a LTR will get married.
    Samantha -x-

Survey Complete

Done - very interesting...

Done as well. Interesting to read the results.

All done. Looking forward to the results,

Done 😊

Xxx Jessica xxx

I notice that many of the percentages for responses where multiple responses where permitted (e.g., motivation for crossdressing), are percentages of total number of respondents rather than a percentage of the number of responses to that question. Is that going to be fixed in the final analysis? I also notice a curiosity: 152/702 answered the "does your spouse know" question with "NA/no SO" whereas 198/702 answered "NA/no SO" to the question "if yes to the above...to what level do they engage".
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Survey

Completed the survey. Going forward I wouldn't mind completing a deeper survey, I find talking about my cross-dressing an outlet and pressure release
    Jennie x

I took the survey

Took the Survey

Exclamation The Results are in!

I'd just like the extend a big "Thank YOU" to everyone who took part in the survey.
    When I posted the survey, I honestly believed that I would get about 300 responses to this,
    but then I saw it hit over 2oo in just a few days, I began to hope for 500.
    Then when it got to 500 I thought "Right! TOO THE MOON! ONE THOUSAND!"....

I think I got carried away.

We've closed entries at 740 responses total (Nice full number isn't it?
    Not 739 or even 741. No, 740 is our number )
    I'm really pleased because this will turn out much better quality data than my initial hope for 300.

And yet I'm disappointed somehow. I have to account for voter apathy, but it just seems like there
    should be more of us. I know there are more of us.

I looked at numbers in all of the websites I frequent, and in terms of user base, the numbers here
    pale in comparison. I'm not sure what to make of it.

But that does not mean that our data wont be useless.
    The link to the survey was accessible via a few websites

My google+ profile, my blogger, crossdressers.com forums, Transtastic and TVchix.
    It may have been shared elsewhere, but I doubt it somehow.
    This means all respondents but have been English speaking and have internet access.
    They are also likely to be the level of crossdresser who might want to know about themselves a bit
    better and meet people like themselves.
    I find it unlikely that there many 'hairy panty wearer' types who responded to this.
    I wont bore you with my own assumptions about the type of person who has responded, I'll let you
    judge that for yourself.

In the name of transparency, I am making both the table of results and the analytic graphs
    available to every one.

Here is the link for the table - Click Me

Here is the link for the analytic graphs - Click Me

As for my own thoughts on the results?
    Well as for biggest surprise, the award has to go for question 2. I honestly though that the biggest
    age group would be the 40-50 crowd, maybe the 30-40 group. But no!
    It was those feisty fifty-somethings that are having the most girl time!
    I was also saddened to be reminded of just how many of you kept this all from your wives until after
    you were married. I remember that burden. I wish luck to all of you yet to come clean.
    I also learn that I need to speed up my makeup skills, because getting ready takes a massive majority
    of you less than 1 hour. Averaging at 2 - 2.5 hours, I need to move a bit quicker getting ready LOL.

It's interesting to look at the broader picture in a concise and easy to read form and fun to see
    where you sit in that broader picture.

Thank You all again for taking part.
    I had fun with this
    Samantha -x-

Banned Read only
    Interesting results!

I would have to wonder what all people included in getting preparing to go out. To me, the full range is shower, a very good shave, Milk of Magnesia face treatment, concealer, foundation, powder, lipstick, mascara, eye brows, some body makeup depending upon what I'm wearing, wig, undergarments, maybe hose, and finally clothes. "light makeup" serves no purpose for me and I think that makes a big difference.

DeeAnn

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    Yes, an interesting set of results, to me one of the most significant questions was, "Do you feel that your crossdressing causes you any degree of internal or external conflict?" to which 56% answered that they were "At peace with it."
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

Very interesting survey, but like all surveys, it cannot encompass all possibilities. Were I aware of this back in August I would have to answer "other" to many questions.
    Thank you for your time & effort.

Paula Femme,
    I like the quotation at the bottom of your posts. That's what I say: I am a man and they are my clothes, most have never been on a woman.
    Last edited by Katey888; 09-21-2015 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

I would have liked to see country of residence, otherwise very interesting.

Perhaps this could be make an animal event and put as a sticky so it can attract more exposure.

It will be interesting see if any trends develop over time, and to that end some temporal questions included. For example "in the last 12 months have you CD more or less then the last"