Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Self defense.

Silver Member
    Good job, glad your instincts kicked in. You must have practiced that technique a lot at a younger age. Like riding a bike. I know a few variants of the technique. You described it pretty well.

Reality Check
    It's great that things turned out the way they did but it's also a reminder to the folks who talk about going out in public and nobody noticed. People do notice and while most ignore it, some can't resist the temptation to throw their weight around.

good for you tracii, way to represent...

he's probably telling his "cellies" how some big huge football type guy attacked him
    as his buddy smurks in the corner...
    paula

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I studied Shao Lin karate as a kid thru my mid 20's and still do Tai Chi to keep flexible.
    IIRC the defensive technique is called kukki and if you google wrist take down technique move you may find info. It may be on you tube as well so you can see how it works.
    It is amazing how the brain remembers what to do in situations like this.
    I'm just glad his grip wasn't too tight and not ready for a fight.

Sorry it had to come to that, but he learned a lesson, i hope. You were picked on for being small. I was picked on for being so tall . I think a smaller person has some advantage in a fight, because he or she is a smaller target, whereas a big or tall person is a large target. I plan on going out today, and am cautious about those nearby. Oh, I remember an incident at work, many many years ago. One old guy who was pretty rough, got mad, and tried to kick me hard, and my instinct said, to grab his foot. He fell and broke his wrist, too. We were not enemies. I just grabbed his hat, and he came at me.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 08-15-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Alice its prudent to always be cautious.
    99% of people won't do anything as we all know its just the 1% you need to watch out for.
    Stay safe Alice and enjoy being you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    It is amazing how the brain remembers what to do in situations like this.
    I had a similar experience about 3 years ago. it was my 2nd time out in public. a guy was giving me a hard time in a bar,
    I went outside to get away, he came out and walked towards me, thinking he was going to apologize or bump a smoke
    he punched me in the head (his mistake, can't hurt this head) I use to box in the 70's, so without thinking and with painted nails hit him once,
    his face exploded and he dropped, I thought I killed him. I was scared to death. he came to as he was being put in an ambulance, screaming to press charges,
    the cops took my info, and im thinking court and the newspaper omg, thank GOD for witness's. the cop was professional and said to me
    as far as he was concerned, justice was served. I never heard anything more, and have gone back to that place many times.

it was a gay friendly bar so I never thought I would have a problem there. I am much more "aware" when I go out now.
    paula

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    The irony. He thought you were limp-wristed, but now he is. haha
    Omg, this is perfect 😂 You did great - so glad you were able to handle yourself!

Banned Spammer
    Paula instinct just kicks in at the right time it seems like.

Just goes to show what is out there, sometimes we forget and get complacent. I to have had training in self defense and being of a smaller stature it has helped in many situations during my life so far and I agree that maybe my femme side does control how far I will go when I have to get nasty and limit the ugly dark me. Good reaction time and controlled aggression. Elated all worked out for you and no harm was done(to you that is).
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Hopefully Bubba learned not to judge people by their appearance. I've had similar run-ins myself in the past showing them where it was.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Traci you handled that situation well.
    I'm wondering just why he put his hand on you to begin with!?
    "Missed it by that much!"

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Well done Tracii,

I love a happy ending with the heroine triumphing. Your actions remind me of an old cartoon character. Who is Hong Kong Fuey? Could it be the telephone operator, the janitor (not in this case) or even the person in front of you? Could be!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va_Rmpd3PZI

Many happy chopping days Miss.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Atta Girl give it to em but try to stay safe and if it comes to getting ugly you choose the battle field not them meanwhile I bet he was popular at the jail

Love your story.

You did great. Some guys deserve to have a lesson taught to them in the hard way. Thank you, sister!
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

Banned Read only
    Way to go tracii!!!! I had an incident a few years ago where some jackass came up to the table where my friends and I were sitting, pulled out a 9" hunting knife and said he was going to gut all of us fags. Without moving out of my chair, I disarmed him and used the same wrist takedown move and held him there until the police arrived. And they said I never paid attention in self defense training.

I took some tai qwon do many years ago and learned so defensive moves....I doubt I could remember them if I need to use them. You go girl

Dam Dummies will never learn,,lol,, It don't Surprise me, Hell you spent most of your life in Dangerous Truck stops and driving all over God knows where at all hours of the Day and Night in strange places. Hell no Dam wonder you handle yourself so well. Those weak fools that never did a hard days work in there lives will never learn it is a Disorder we have not a Handicap. I told my SO just think of how many Women said to themselves at one time or another( I wish I was a Big Tough Man so I could whip such and such's But) Well that's me,, A BIG MAN with a Girl brain 24/7 ,, Hard to refrain from doing things to people most times, But we live an learn,, This time lesson were in order. Girl Power,,,,

Nice going Tracii, Yes even as a male has to protect themselves, we girls need to be ready at any time. I'm tall yet very thin and have always been that way. In Karate, I had to fight to the finish in a tournament with four broken ribs from a kick. I went through the next five fights and took first place. I'm scrappy and when my bad eye goes out. I can protect myself even if I'm in heels. I do yoga and get-fit to keep in shape. There are predators out there. Some people walk though life with ever seeing one though. But, an incident can strike at any time.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    Just looked up that wrist move, wow, marine grade, non lethal, close quarters combat technique, LOVE it 😃

Nice job of putting him in his place.
    I like to think of myself as a Trogan Horse. I'm still the redneck who can kick your a@*!. I just look like a woman.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Nice job of putting him in his place.
    I like to think of myself as a Trogan Horse. I'm still the redneck who can kick your a@*!. I just look like a woman.
    I hear yah Maxi! I've been in more than one bar fight in my day!

Banned Spammer
    Robin that move induces a lot of pain and the person can't really move to any degree without breaking their arm so they usually stay still.

I would have been nice to have Stacy B there for back up.LOL
    Last edited by Tracii G; 08-15-2015 at 12:22 AM.

Platinum Member
    Hi Tracii, You just can't fix STUPID !

But you sure did slow it down a lot.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!