Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformation Experiences?

Transformation Experiences?

Hello Ladies,

I'm hoping to do a transformation photo shoot around my birthday. I'd like to hear from those of you who have done one.

• Where did you have it done? what studio, etc?
    • Was it reasonably priced?
    • What did they provide?
    • Did you bring your own clothes? Wigs? Shoes? Anything else?
    • What was the process or routine?
    • How long did it take? Make up? changing clothes? photo shoot?
    • Did you enjoy it?
    • Would you do it again?
      • Was your SO involved?

• Did anyone have a bad experience?
    • Anything ease I should have asked or you would like to add?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Eva D.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Quote Originally Posted by evadan View Post
    Hello Ladies,

• Where did you have it done? what studio, etc?
    • True Colors Makeup Artistry www.truecolorsmakeup.com
    • Was it reasonably priced?
    • Yes, very much so
    • What did they provide?
    • Everything - you do not need to bring anything but yourself.
    • Did you bring your own clothes? Wigs? Shoes? Anything else?
    • With subsequent sessions, I brought some of my own outfits.
    • What was the process or routine?
    • Just sit back and relax, Amanda will walk you through everything.
    • How long did it take? Make up? changing clothes? photo shoot?
    • Amanda is flexible on options its up to you.
    • Did you enjoy it?
    • Very much, Have had many photo sessions there. Planning for another soon.
    • Would you do it again?
      • Was your SO involved?
      • Yes, on several occasions Jeannie has accompanied me, and we even have photos together, Jeannie also had her makeup done, and loved it

• Did anyone have a bad experience?
    • I did not, cannot speak for others
    • Anything ease I should have asked or you would like to add?
    • Bring your favorite music, eat lightly and dont stare at the photos while driving home.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Eva D.
    Bring your favorite music, eat lightly and dont stare at the photos while driving home.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I've had two transformations and they were incredible! I'd never worn a wig or had full makeup applied before so it was very much a huge thing for me to brave up and do this. It's almost like therapy in a way - to release one's true inner self, if only for a short period of time.

I live in Melbourne, Australia and I found a divine lady called Celeste who helped me release my inner "Cosmo Girl". The first session was a lingerie shoot with me wearing some of my lingerie and breast forms, plus some additions provided by Celeste including high heals and a wig. I brought along Cosmopolitan cover posters plus a few of my fav Cosmo's to complete the desired effect for the shoot. Celeste had me pose a number of ways and it was amazing to at least pretend for a little while I was a Cosmo lingerie model!

The second session Celeste had me wear a couple of different dresses. It was more a morning coffee and Cosmo party! I'd never worn a dress before so this was pretty exciting! I had limited myself to wearing just lingerie in the past, so Celeste was pushing me further into expressing the real inner Cosmo Girl! Each session went for two hours. No, my SO wa definitely not involved sadly - she'd probably divorce me if she knew about it! I will definitely do this again - perhaps a once a year treat for myself and my inner Cosmo Girl! Perhaps I may brave up enough for Celeste to dress and make me up so I can venture out publically - go shopping, etc. That would be a thrill!

Banned Read only
    I've never done, in Mexico there is a studio called TV glam, but I 've never been there, but I have wanted to try someday! asugurate to show the pretty pictures darling!

Eva,

I went to true colors in Bethleham PA, which is about 3.5 hours from DC.
    I think I paid $225, but it was three years ago, so the exact price I have forgotten.
    Amanda provided everything.
    I brought my own shoes.
    Amanda put me in undergarments and robe, did my makeup, picked a wig, clothes and then did the photo shoot. I did three separate outfits.
    The transformation and photos took about 4.5 hours.
    I enjoyed it greatly.
    I would do it again.
    My fiancee came with and helped pick out outfits and wigs.
    No bad experience here.

Jamie

Reality Check
    I have never had this done and probably never would, but I think I would prefer to bring my own clothes and wig and then, after the photos, spend the rest of the day and evening as Krisi, walking around town, shopping, dining, etc.

Platinum Member
    Hi Eva, That's really something that I should add to my bucket list.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    I visited a woman who is a semi-retired makeup professional (Phoebe Cross) who lives outside of Atlanta. Her facility, if you will, is a converted 2 car gargage with an upstairs. She charges $125 for a makeover and photos, but her converted garage also has an apartment and is her clothes storage. You can hire the apartment for an overnight or a weekend. I was looking for makeup advice and techniques and to see what I looked like when fully dressed. She was very helpful in explaining the how's and why's behind what she was doing. I brought my own clothes, shoes and undergarments, but she has a TON of stuff: dresses, skirts, blouses, lingerie, shoes, etc. I did 2 changes each time, and all were my clothes except for one. I also didn't own a wig at the time, so we picked out one of hers. The $125 deal is all-inclusive for 3 hours. We spent maybe half of the time on makeup as we discussed every step. The rest was spent dressing and taking photos. The photos were good, but she'll be the first to tell you that photography isn't her strong suit.

I enjoyed it. It was a grest experience and Phoebe is great fun. She is very non-judgemental and is very confident in her work. She did makeup for movies and stage for many years. She takes the time to discuss where things are for her clients and what their goals are. She is one of those people who would be interesting to know ever if she wasn't doing makeovers. I've visited Phoebe twice and may again in a couple of months. It is more a function of happening to be in the Atlanta area.

My wife did not go with me as I leveraged business trips both times. However, she knew about everything and we looked at the photos when I got back.

Attached is a photo that Phoebe took. It was the 2nd time as I had my own wig by then. All clotes are mine.

DeeAnn
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 08-17-2015 at 02:47 PM.

I'm curious as well.

I'd like to experience a transformation makeover one day, preferably far from home.
    Just Roll With It

I'm also another True Colors fan. Have had three full makeover photoshoots, bought a wig once, had makeup lessons once, and had just a makeover once. My wife attended the makeover, but we've have talked about doing a photoshoot together sometime.

Where did you have it done? what studio, etc?

I'm another "Amanda Girl"

Was it reasonably priced?

I thought so. Makeover, 4 outfits, over a hundred pictures. Best money I ever spent on CDing. My profile pic is by Amanda

What did they provide?

Amanda provided makeup, including false eye lashes, 2 of my four outfits, corset, jewelry, multiple wigs, shoes

Did you bring your own clothes? Wigs? Shoes? Anything else?

I did, but mostly I didn't have to.
    I wore my own undies, put on fake nails and painted them and brought some of my favorite clothes for pictures.
    She had plenty of clothes, so I brought mine only because I wanted to. I'm not sure about the rest.

What was the process or routine?

One hour for makeover
    Pick out outfit, dress, add jewelry, change makeup (mostly lipstick and eye makeup), take a bunch of pictures, repeat.
    Take off makeup

How long did it take? Make up? changing clothes? photo shoot?

Makeover - 1 hour
    Dress, pics, about an hour each.

Did you enjoy it?

As I said, best money I ever spent.

Would you do it again?

I have, many times, at Keystone (with Amanda, and others) and elsewhere

Was your SO involved?

LOL, she was out of town, and i told her I had business in PA

Did anyone have a bad experience?

No

Anything ease I should have asked or you would like to add?

Enjoy yourself

If you're near DC, you might want to schedule a makeover with Beth

http://makeoverswithelizabethtaylor.com/

She's a great friend and supporter of the LGBT community

Tell her I sent you.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Read only
    Lydia's in Sherman oaks California ,Jim bridges and glamour boutique.
    Spent $100.00 on each place but I purchased $$$$ worth of stuff.
    I still use the techniques today and have the photos that look great.

I would luv to do this as well. I have come across a handful of transformation services in Atlanta ( about 2.5 hours away from me) and am seriously contemplating doing it. I think I would probably learn so much, not to mention how much fun it should be!

I'm thinking of doing this as well in the near future. Not sure when as have to save up some money first but I cant wait to finally have makeup applied in a proper way!!! Good luck with your shoot Eva, please let us know how it all went
    Love and hugs Jeanette

Silver Member
    Full up makeover was fantastic

Amy at Just You in Vegas
    It was a little pricey, but complete, so to me worth every penny. She offers reasonable prices for just makeovers as well.
    Amy provided EVERTHING from top to bottom, multiple outfits to chose from, photos in more than one outfit.
    At the end, I got to keep a full outfit, lingere, shoes, wig, earing bracelet, lipliner, and she gave me show tickets!
    It was every bit of 2.5 hours, picking outfit, makeover, photos.
    In the top ten best experiences in my life.
    I would definitely do it again, but maybe with my own outfits. Splurge on a special occasion.
    My wife wasn't there during the process, but we went out on the town after. It was a gift from her.
    The only bad thing was I was almost late. I posted a thread about the experience.
    You may be nervous at first, but that's ok, it adds to the unbelievable rush of the experience.

My profile and avatar are from the shoot. A picture is worth a thousand words. I couldn't stop smiling.
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 08-18-2015 at 07:48 AM.

As has been noted here, you cannot go wrong and will get full value for every dollar spent at True Colors in Bethlehem, PA. I was there back in March and spent $250 for 6 hours of pure fun. You can take a look at my Flickr page listed below in my signature and it is rather obvious Amanda's work. I did four different outfits and each time looked like a completely different girl. I could hang each one of those pictures in our living room and no one would suspect they are pictures of me. I do not have the superlatives to let you know how wonderful Amanda is and how life changing the experience will be!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Hi everyone. Well this a question / set of questions that I've been thinking of posting myself albeit with experiences & recommendations from the UK girls. So Eva, I hope you do go for your pampering trip & that you really enjoy it. And to any UK girls reading this thread who've been for make-up & photo shoots etc, I'd love to hear from you.
    GiGi

I had always wanted to do a transformation type makeover, but by the time I got to the point that I was ready to do it, I already had everything I needed except for the makeup skills. The cheap part of me wasn't wiling to pay to borrow someone else's clothes and accessories when I already have my own...my solution was to go to a MAC studio and get a makeover. I was thrilled with both the experience and the result. The cost for my first makeover was $50(not counting the $300 worth of makeup I bought after the makeover). I later learned that generally you can get a "free" makeover if you purchase $50 worth of products. The day I received my first makeover there was some big event going on and they were nearly booked solid for the entire day, so I assume that is why I was charged the $50 makeover fee. I am not sure which I enjoyed most...the result of the makeover or the act of getting a makeover in a women's makeup store. All in all it was a spectacular experience the I have since repeated about 5 times this year. And to answer your other question about the SO's involvement, yes, my wonderful wife was present for all of them, although she was also treated to makeovers each time as well.

Miranda

I enjoy getting a makeover before one of the local events us girls gather at! I see Beth, which Steffi already recommended! I have already made an appointment for the 19th of September before the next local event and am counting the days! It's like Cinderella! Do it!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Kandi Robbins View Post
    As has been noted here, you cannot go wrong and will get full value for every dollar spent at True Colors in Bethlehem, PA. I was there back in March and spent $250 for 6 hours of pure fun. You can take a look at my Flickr page listed below in my signature and it is rather obvious Amanda's work. I did four different outfits and each time looked like a completely different girl. I could hang each one of those pictures in our living room and no one would suspect they are pictures of me. I do not have the superlatives to let you know how wonderful Amanda is and how life changing the experience will be!
    I loved your Amanda pictures. You looked awesomely beautuful, and a real change from some of the DIY pictures.

I'm still too chicken to post my pictures on Flickr, because once they're out there, they're out there.

I also did the wedding photos, maybe even with the same dress and flowers. I can't say enough about Amanda.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I'd really love to see what a pro artist could do for me with a full makeover, a flattering hairstyle and a good set of duds. Sadly I'd still probably be too afraid to have photos taken or be willing to look at them if I did for fear that I still wouldn't be pleased enough with the end results. Damn BDD.
    Last edited by ShriekCassandra; 08-18-2015 at 11:25 PM.

Hey Ladies,

Thank you for all the responses! Somehow I'm going to do one. My wife is very supportive. Hopefully, she won't think a make-over shoot is too far out there. I'm not far from DC, so I may need to book with Beth.

Keep the comments coming.

Thanks again,

Eva D.

After trying in vein to answer the unanswerable question as to why do I want to wear women clothes, I decided to just try a full transformation. I had never worn a wig, makeup or a full outfit before.

I went to "My Changing Room" www.mychangingroom.com in Boston to see Natasha. This was an experience I will never forget. Talk about pink fog after that....
    What a great feeling to experience full makeup; her studio provides everything, you just need to be willing to explore her collection of clothes, wigs, shoes , forms, jewelry.
    It was like finding inner peace, I don't think I stopped smiling for a few days after that experience.
    - Claire

Lady Ellen is great. Better than phoebe. But I can't resist phoebe when I am in Atlanta. Lady Ellen is in nj. Have had about 5 makeovers and photos. Well worth it

I have gone to Victoria Sinclair in Portland. I have gone twice, and wish to go a third time, but it is a bit of a hike and have'nt made it back. Maybe this fall, hopefully. A wonderful experience for someone who wishes to remain closeted.