Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformation Experiences?

Hi Ladies,
    I am in Toronto, Canada. Does anyone know any transformation services in Toronto?
    I did an online search and found Wildside, but I am not sure how good their service is. Based on what I read on the website I was not impressed.
    Look forward to hear your responses.
    Cheers
    Michelle

Back in 2000, I had a makeover and photo session in L.A. It was with a makeup artist turned photographer that worked with CD's on the weekend. I have never looked better than that day. Later in the evening we both went to the Queen Mary Lounge together. I wish I could remember his name to order reprints.

Dear Christina,
    That sounds wonderful! I am looking for a similar experience.
    I think there are very few true makeup artists that are willing to work on CDs and much fewer who actually do a good job.

Miami/Costa Rica Crossdre SweetVicky's Avatar
    Hi girls....does anybody knows of a place in South Miami? Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SweetVicky View Post
    I found this online:
    http://tradingfacesorlando.com/#

I would rather spend the time to learn how to dress my self, rather then go to some strangers house.

Lyla hon,
    I have been CDing for quite some time now. But still can't get the make-up quite right. So professional services work.
    Unless you want to share your secret recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyla View Post
    I would rather spend the time to learn how to dress my self, rather then go to some strangers house.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetVicky View Post
    hi Vicky... let me know if you find one!!!

How about any recommendations in the St. Louis area? I desperately want to get some makeup coaching!

Daphne

Depending on your level of bravery, you can go to a department store, like Macy's or Nordstrom's, MAC, Sephora, Ulta or Merle Norman.

I went to MAC for a makeup lesson. They had s private room in back, which cost me more, but it was private. MAC will also do a mini-makeover for free. I had my eyes done once when I was in full femme, in the public session. I think the MA had as much or more fun than me.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GiGi128 View Post
    Hi everyone. Well this a question / set of questions that I've been thinking of posting myself albeit with experiences & recommendations from the UK girls. So Eva, I hope you do go for your pampering trip & that you really enjoy it. And to any UK girls reading this thread who've been for make-up & photo shoots etc, I'd love to hear from you.
    GiGi
    Hi Gigi - I had a transformation just last week,at Translife in Brighton - my first experience of a "proper" makeover though I've been dressing for 50+ years. Sophie (aka Andrew) the owner welcomed me made me feel totally at home, asking what I wanted to achieve from the afternoon, what sort of look I wanted, what clothes to wear etc over a cup of tea! While doing the makeup, she explained what she was doing, what products she was using and where to highlight and cover up the various features of my face, along with other tips and techniques (she is apparently an ex-theatre makeup artist). The makeup took just over an hour and then she showed me the selection of clothes, underwear, shoes etc., and left me alone to dress myself. I then went out into the sitting room, where I sat and chatted with Sophie, her wife and another guest, while Sophie took photos.
    It was all very relaxed, and nice to talk to others about our common interest! After a couple of hours, I had to leave and was charged just £85 for the whole experience. Totally worthwhile, and I would think the first of may visits!

Highly recommended and really good to chat to others in a relaxed way.

Banned Read only
    I was in Atlanta again to visit my son and attend to Petit LeMans weekend at Road Atlanta. After 3 very soggy days at the race track, I did the overnight with Phoebe Cross (who I mentioned earlier).

In another part of the forum I mentioned that I will be the Mistress of Ceremonies for an entertainment event put on by our affinity group at work. I had narrowed my outfit choices from 5 to 2 and wanted to enlist Phoebe's help to evaluate those 2. I also wanted her to do my makeup with the DERMABLEND products I'm currently using and pick up any pearls of wisdom she might offer. Anyway, it was a successful visit on all accounts.

I brought the 2 outfits, a pair of shoes, wig, possible scarves and jewelry and full undergarments, including hose. I laid both of them out and we discussed the relative merits. Oddly enough, she selected the outfit that I had basically envisioned several months ago when the idea first occured to me about volunteering to be the MC.

I got partially dressed and Phoebe did her thing. Over the past several months, I think I've been doing a reasonable job of using the makeup techniques I've learned from her, but I never did much for my eyes beyond applying mascara. However, this time I will try to emulate what she did regarding eye shadow and a few other things.

I finished getting dressed and did the jewelry. Phoebe did the wig as I cannot put it on by myself. I was very pleased with the result! It works out to be what Eddie Izzard called Executive Transvesite (silly Hu-Man!). We did a number of photos of this outfit. All of this was about 3.5 hours, total, and concluded Phoebe's part.

With the overnight, you have full run of the apartment and use of all of the clothes, shoes, undergarments, etc. Phoebe also has tripods so I changed into the other outfit and did self-timed photos. I changed into other casual clothes I brought, took some more photos.

I brought food, so I cooked a later dinner, watched TV and ate. I also brought some champagne which gave the whole evening a very pleasant glow. Afterwards I checked her clothes storage and found some interesting things to try on the next morning.

After breakfast, I tried on a few things that I had found previously and took some photos. I fell in love with a particularly badass pair of tan leather pants!! I think I'm developing a thing for leather...

DeeAnn

I can second everything that Flatlander said with respect Phoebe Cross. Regarding cost: At my wife's insistence a few years ago, I visited with a therapist several times at, $150/hour. The $200, or so, that I paid Phoebe for about 4 hours was 100 times as valuable to me. Of course, two people were disappointed by my point-of-view. The therapist lost the $150/hr and my wife was disappointed that I had not been "fixed". If you are ever in the Atlanta area, she lives about 25 miles south of ATL, I would encourage you to visit her, if this something that you want to do.

One note about how non-judgmental Phoebe is: Upon arriving (I had dressed at my hotel) she offered me a coke and we sat and talked for 15-20 minutes. She asked about me and told me some things about herself. I was comfortable immediately. After our chat she said, "All right, let's get started. TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES." If there was moment when someone might have backed out, it would have been then. But, I had committed to this and, though thinking, wow, this is really happening, I did as she asked. Within the time it took to remove my top and skirt, I was standing before someone I did not know in my bra and panties (and I was tucked). She had me remove my bra and put a larger sized bra on my along with breastforms (I,typically) do not use forms. I, then, stood there for what seemed to be an eternity (probably 2-3 minutes) while she did something else. I can't adequately describe with words the feelings that I had at that moment, but I do remember it being amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    Daphne

Depending on your level of bravery, you can go to a department store, like Macy's or Nordstrom's, MAC, Sephora, Ulta or Merle Norman.

I went to MAC for a makeup lesson. They had s private room in back, which cost me more, but it was private. MAC will also do a mini-makeover for free. I had my eyes done once when I was in full femme, in the public session. I think the MA had as much or more fun than me.
    Is MAC the only one with a private or semi-private area? Did you go to a MAC in the St. Louis area? I really want to do this. I have no clue about makeup, and can't imagine a faster way to learn. But I'm still in the closet so the public session would be out for me.

Daphne

If you are in NorVa, https://www.facebook.com/ElizabethAnneTaylor1 does makeovers and photography. I've seen her work and it's amazing. She was at Keystone last year and some of the ladies used her. They looked wonderful. If you are in Richmond, I can recommend a makeup artist. She is wonderful and I love her to bits. She doesn't do shots, clothes or hair
    Please call me Lisa!

Quote Originally Posted by Luciana Vitale View Post
    hi Vicky... let me know if you find one!!!
    Hi Vicky & Luciana, I'd like to know of a place in Miami or Naples/Fort Myers.