Thread: caught and didn't know it

Smile caught and didn't know it

My wife and I live in a small apt and another couple live above us. We go outside to smoke and I am very careful about them not spotting me. Yesterday my wife was outside and when I looked out the window I didn't see anybody, so I peeked out the door and there was the neighbour lady with my wife, I stepped back in (unnoticed) I thought. So when my wife came in she said that Connie told her that it was OK that I sat outside dressed and that she had several friends that were crossdressers and she was Ok with it. So last night we were outside again and she came outside and I did not even move, I just sat there and she told me I looked pretty good while we were talking. I thanked her and blushed a little. I had on my skinny jeans and a tight fitting top the shows off my breasts very well and some light makeup, I have long hair and don't look too bad I guess. I was thrilled at what she said, it made my whole day. Now I will just wait for her to come outside so we can chat while I am dressed, My wife said I should wear one of my nice dresses tonight when we are outside with some heels and hose. I definitely will and hope she walks her dog a few times.

Michelle

Sounds nice Hon. I'm happy for you.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Sounds like a nice step forward. Congratulations.

Hi Michelle,

Very happy to hear that sometimes being outed is an unexpected lovely experience. Congratulations on expanding your safe environment!!

Peace
    Eve

Reality Check
    It's good that you have someone to share your dressing with but of course you have no control over who else she tells.

Your post is reinforcement of what I often post - You never know who will be outside or looking outside your home so if you're going to walk out the door or walk in front of uncovered windows in your home, you will be seen eventually. Some of us don't care but for others, being outed can have serious consequences. You have to think before you act.

I'm curious about her comment that she has "several" friends that are crossdressers. How many does she mean? How did she come to know that they were crossdressers? Does she work or associate with a group of people that would be likely to be identifiable as such? Was she just saying that to make you feel comfortable, or are crossdressers more common and open than we would think?
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats awesome Michelle

Platinum Member
    Hi Michelle, That's what you call a great neighbor.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    I'm with UNDERDRESSER on this. The only crossdresser I know (in the real world) is me and I know (and have known) a lot of people. It would seem pretty odd that the neighbor woman would know several. Perhaps she is a gender therapist.

who knows maybe one day your neighbor can arrange a kick back with a few of the other girls. I know two others like me, one is very reclusive, and the other one has some substance abuse issues, so I'm sadly solitaire
    well even if i'm wrong, you know i'm right

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Gee, and I thought smoking was bad for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    It would seem pretty odd that the neighbor woman would know several.
    Maybe she just gets out more. I know a lot of crossdressers because I go to bars where they gather, I have photographed crossdresser beauty competitions, I vacation at gay resorts. It may well be she was just trying to make the OP comfortable, but it's just as likely that she's telling the truth.

That sure beats trying to hide from the neighbours

Platinum Member
    It's nice not to feel compelled to hide.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Great news I think and your SO is supportive too!
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Banned Read only
    Wow, that's awesome! Hiding from the neighbors is one of the toughest things IMHO!

That's really nice! Now you can go out and relax and enjoy your neighbor's company if she shows up.

This sounds great. Glad you don't have to hide when just stepping out for some fresh air.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Hi All
    Well I went outside last night and when my neighbour lady came outside, she wanted to talk so while we were talking I ask her about other CDs she knows and she told me she knew two others that she had met at a thrift shop and became friends with them. They were buying some feminine clothes and she asked them what size their wives wore and they confided that the clothes were for themselves. They are not in close contact she said but if she sees them at other places they talk. So when she said several she meant two. She is older than me and very nice to talk to. It does make it nice to not hide from her and I can be myself around another person. We have another Lady friend of ours that I dress in front of and she gives me advise about what I can do to look better, usually my wife does that but it is nice to have two opinions. Have a great day and thanks for the positive comments.
    Michelle

Platinum Member
    The fact that she knows and is friendly to two other CDrs as well is remarkable. I wonder how many GGs of any age can say the same. Maybe thrift shops are really the mother ship for CDrs.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reality Check
    She must be actively looking for crossdressers. I doubt my wife would ask a strange man in a store what size his wife is.

Jennie, I get out quite a lot but to mainstream places like shopping malls, restaurants, parks, etc. Not being gay, I don't look for gay bars or resorts.

Banned Read only
    Michelle,
    It's great you added that reply, I wouldn't mind betting I would get the same answer from my mother, she works in a charity shop and has mentioned men shopping for their own needs ! How many she knows I can't say but she can't see anything wrong in it . She doesn't know about me as far as I know but at 86 I can't see what I would achieve, I would hate to upset her for what outcome ?
    On the other hand if she gets paid commission on sales maybe she wouldn't mind !

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Very cool!
    Glad it all worked out positive.
    There's nothing like that huge sigh of relief.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Teresa
    my wife also worked in thrift stores for 17 years and met many crossdressers always with respect and helped many of them with their selections of attire. She never outed any of them, and enjoyed helping them. She told her staff to be nice to them and show respect to their privacy. She had a few that wore large shoes like me and she would hold back some of them she knew they would like and when one of them would come by she would show them in the back of the store so as not to embarrass them. She really is a special lady and not just to me. I am very lucky to have her.

Michelle