Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cross gender/Transgender

Cross gender/Transgender

I was thinking recently, that since the term transgender now seems to be moving in a strong direction toward those who only identify as opposite their birth gender, that there should still be some good way for the many of us who are in the spectrum, do more and identify more than the simple dressing for erotica and nothing else. Those people I think could be classified as crossdressers for certain. They don't really want or care to make any alterations in their life or their bodies, probably do not shave, or grow their nails, trim wax or tweeze etc etc.

So, of the many individuals on the CD side of this board, who do have some strong gender identity issues going on, but not complete or strong enough to make them consider themselves TS. They wish not to transition and do not mind being a guy, but do have strong enough gender variance that makes it a real part of their core personality, or their soul.

Just saying crossdresser is fine, but it is more than that, but less than what the term transgender is now coming to mean. So perhaps to distinguish middle pathers dual gender, variant or whatever seems to fit, I think perhaps we could consider cross gender??
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

The problem with all these terms arises when someone, like me for example, comes and tells you that has never felt female and identifies male, yet dresses and tries to look as much as possible as a female. But hey, I am not trying to pass, just to look close, I don't wear breast forms and don't plan to.

Either crossgender or transgender seem to point that one is "changing genders" in some way or another. I am not changing genders when I put a dress on, neither socially nor in any sense. So it doesn't cover me, or people like me.

However... Transgender as it is right now, can be interpreted as "transgression of gender norms". So its okay to me in that sense.

The thing is, its better to stay united now to gain rights, and perhaps in the future we can start dividing?

Platinum Member
    Hi GM I save the labels for shipping packages and I just enjoy dressing as a lady.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Yep, as soon as you try to define and label a million exceptions are revealed. We are just a massive group of unique individuals.
    Call me Donna, please

Again it all comes down to why people feel the need to find a category to fit others into. We don't need one for, say, guys who virtually always wear a t shirt and jeans when in casual situations. Or girls who wear skirts or dresses as the last possible fashion choice. Or old women who feel the need to wear some sort of hat whenever they go out. Or soldiers or policemen who prefer to remain in uniform even when not on duty.
    We don't need categories to define people by what we wear. That's the reason we have so much trouble with the general population in the first place, it's not a good idea to perpetuate the mistake by continuing to create new 'boxes' to fit people into.
    I don't want to be called a crossdresser, transvestite, transgendered, transsexual, heterosexual, homosexual, or anything else. I want to be called Alex, or when here, Lexi if that's what makes you comfortable. But creating more labels, or even promoting the idea that they are a good idea, is not conducive to progress.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Trying to fit round pegs in square holes never seems to work.
    Why some insist on labels is beyond me.

This is going to be hilarious/ tedious/ delirious/ supercalifragilisticexpealidocious (delete as applicable)

But fortunately the only reasonable answer to this has already been tabled (and so quickly! )

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel View Post
    The thing is, its better to stay united now to gain rights, and perhaps in the future we can start dividing?

This guy (it's OK... identifies male... ) does more than just great spaceships...

Katey x
    TG/CD Type IV Cat7e P896.1 fat and sweetener free, all natural (except for the boobs and lashes... oh, and the hair...)
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    I don't want to be called a crossdresser, transvestite, transgendered, transsexual, heterosexual, homosexual, or anything else.
    How about human?

Or are there some of you who prefer to not be categorized as human?

Seriously, there are some folks who would prefer to be identified as feline, or canine, or ???

For me TG fits just fine, I just wish that the media would stop making everyone think that it means that I am TS.

I literally just read an article by a transsexual woman who stated how she had never known or heard of a transgendered person who didn't want to transition, her article explained how at first she was like "well you can't be trans if you don't want to transition" until her understanding that not everyone can be painted with the same brush. Her two suggested definitions were; dysphorics and non dysphorics which I think seems like a nice little way to tidy up that mess.

As often as we lament the use of labelling I think when you know what label you are it's easier to move on, but at least I think with those ones we are all transgender but obviously distinct sub groups.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Platinum Member
    People are often careless or misinformed in their use of language adding more terms won't solve that problem.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gold Member
    I agree with Kim. It also is interesting that we keep wanting to come up with new terms. The acronym LGBT is used everywhere, maybe with additional letters, and T is an umbrella in all common usages. That just won't change at least not without wide social acceptance.

My hard drive is full, so no new labels.
    I am no better and neither are you
    We are the same, whatever we do
    You love me, you hate me, you know me and then
    You can't figure out the bag I'm in...And so on and so on
    And scooby dooby dooby
    Oh sha sha
    We got to live together
    People hate that we have ONE term we can all be but they also hate the terms we have...
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    I agree, I think I'm more than CD but not TG, I NEED A FREAKING LABEL PEOPLE...sorry lost it there, as Popeye (and one of our esteemed members) says "I yam what I yam, and tha's all what I yam" 😧

Labels are a pain in the.....but there are out there and are not going away. I think the problem is that people just use a label TS, CD you name it but they have no idea what the definition is. Words have meanings, they need to use them correctly
    Lizzy

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine Spirit View Post
    Seriously, there are some folks who would prefer to be identified as feline, or canine, or ???
    Would that be trans-species?

Labels are little like dresses

Some can never find the one that fits perfectly, but it wont stop people searching.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Yeah, realized it's probably not a good idea, fetishistic crossdressers who are only doing it for sexual purposes would call themselves cross gender too if it becomes popular.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    As of late, I've been entertaining the TS route and thinking if transition is a viable concept. The conclusion is that, if anything, I'm possibly dual gender. 100% of both male and female. Possibly female that, because of genetically supplied equipment, has been doing a fabulous job as a trans-man for nearly 60 years.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Introduce a new word and definition, and people will use the word but with their own definition.

It isn't that I personally want or need a label, or to have them changed, but with recent media attention, they are changing. I do wish to be properly understood for those who do or will know about me in regard to gender. Crossdressing or cross dresser is more of a verb to me. Just saying I am a cross dresser is not really an accurate description really. Transgender now is becoming to mean only female identified and that isn't accurate for me either.

"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
    Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
    Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?"

Read more: Five Man Electrical Band - Signs Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Sorry, but I don't think we need ANOTHER Label.....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I know a lot on here are against terms or labels.... likely because we ourselves don't need them. Kind of like a mechanic doesn't need instructions to do a common tune up on a car they have worked on before. But....

Now that the rest of the world is BEGINNING to recognize us, they should be able to so so accurately. What is one thing many of us want? Recognition for who we are. It isn't us who are re aligning the term Transgender from a broad encompassing description. But it is being done. Most who are TS on this board want to be taken seriously as women, not just a dude in a dress, and do not want the masses to think of them in the same light as a more common cross dresser, who still internally identifies as male. How are we to educate those who are now just beginning to consider gender variance of any type whereas before it was all just part of being some sort of a slang of gay??

It works well enought to differentiate ts from cd all under the tg umbrella, but that umbrella term which we understand but the masses do not. They are not being correctly educated on the differences and those who do actually identify as women and those who don't will want people to understand and know the difference. So, no, maybe we don't need more labels, but we will need to somehow educate the masses on the differences of gender variance.

Non-binary/Questioning
    I think one should pick whatever label one prefers, with the proviso that you may need to define what you mean by it because not everybody understands it the same way. When talking about human gender (or sexuality), the labels we have are only approximations for a vague and variable reality in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-RT View Post
    her article explained how at first she was like "well you can't be trans if you don't want to transition"
    A trans acquaintance of mine told me once that if you didn't want gender confirmation surgery (health or financial limitations aside) then you weren't 'really' trans, a point of view that has been opprobriously labeled 'truscum' or 'transmedicalist'.

Do you have a link for that article, by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    TG/CD Type IV Cat7e P896.1 fat and sweetener free, all natural (except for the boobs and lashes... oh, and the hair...)
    Love it!

A couple of other threads about this topic had me considering what I would label myself if I just absolutely had to. I think I am liking "supergendered."

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    First: I dig your signature.
    I like how you make a distinguishing statement.
    It almost seems like some people think that just because a guy enjoys dressing up (including going out of the house to stores) he wants to transition.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".