Thread: Seattle Linux Convention Sisters!

Seattle Linux Convention Sisters!

I am currently attending a NERD convention at a hotel in downtown Seattle. I have noticed there are two of our brave sisters in attendance! Not sure if they are members on this site..

But, I just wanted to say you are both extraordinary, and in TRUE honesty it took me a LONG to notice that you and I have so much in common. And I have an eye of admiration for our fellow sisters

I want so much to come up and say hi, and introduce myself as a sister in arms; but I am not sure if this is a welcome gesture, for you?? I know there was a point which I would have been terrified of this scenario, and I do not want to interfere with your time here. Many times us fellow nerds fail miserably in such attempts.

Usually when traveling, I have no reservations letting my hair down. On the bright side, I have been asking for and sometimes getting my girl shirts from the booths. SADLY too many booths only offer Men's small sizes.. :/

But,, at any rate. You are both gorgeous, I love you both, and wish I could give you a hug, and be here WITH you.. But alas, I am traveling here with a long time (in-the dark) friend, and business partner, so I am unable (aka. chicken) to be one of the girls outside of my own room, this week. I feel pent-up..

Keep rockin it!!!

All my love, Natalee

Platinum Member
    Hi Natalie, Just give them a lovely compliment on their appearance and see where it goes from there.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    No harm in a friendly hello. I wouldn't make a big deal out of it....just treat each of like any other women in attendance. They will appreciate it.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    ​When is the Convention?
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Quote Originally Posted by Alice_2014_B View Post
    ​When is the Convention?
    Hi Alice. The convention is a week long event, including some weekend stuff. The main attraction is LinuxCon / CloudOpen / ContainerCon, which wrap-up today. But there are other minor events. You can find out a lot more on the Linux Foundation website, under the Events link.

Typically this conference starts taking registrations 3-5 months in advance, and things sell out pretty quick. A few years ago, prices used to be $500 for the 3 day Main-Track. But now prices are almost $1000 per attendee. I wish they would have the event in a less expensive city venue to broaden attendance. The more the merrier.

I think some of the minor events may have some free offerings. I'm not sure on these details, as I must return to work tomorrow. If you sign up on the Linux Foundation site, they will keep you posted for up-coming years events and also alert you during the early-bird (disounted) ticket sales. Act quick, this event sells out quick, and I almost missed out.

But check out the site, there may be great stuff you can still get into!!!