Thread: HELP!! I can't remember where I stashed it.

Unhappy HELP!! I can't remember where I stashed it.

I bought a do it yourself adhesive temporary face lift kit to try while my wife was out of town for a week. It showed up in the mail the week before so I hid it for later. Now I can't find it. I looked in all my normal hiding places and it is nowhere to be found. Not sure where to look or what to do next. We are planning on moving in the near future and I am afraid it will show up at the wrong time while packing.

Yikes!!!!!!
    Live and let dress.

You'll find it in the last place you look for it.

Because, after you find it, why would you keep looking?

Good luck!

And then your wife comes home and says "looking for this?"

Hell-o Sheila,
    Yikes! I hate it when that happens!
    I remember the time I realized I had lost a nail at some point. I knew I didn't leave the house, but looked everywhere for it, and couldn't find it anywhere. My mother in law was coming to visit, and it was driving me crazy. I knew if I didn't find it, she sure as hell would!
    Then one day, what do I see peeking out from under one of the baseboards?????
    What a relief!
    Stay calm, and keep looking! You'll find it.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 08-19-2015 at 12:07 AM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Banned Read only
    Sheila,
    I don't have that problem because I don't order stuff through the post ! Losing stuff is a problem because you can't ask the wife if she's seen it.

I only wear clip on earrings , at some point I had get at the connections behind the TV, a lead caught my earring and sent it flying ! Could I find it ? I moved everything in a widening circle but no it had gone into hiding only to suddenly appear at my wife's feet a day or two later, luckily she was on the laptop and I noticed she'd dropped a pen so I grabbed the earring and gently handed her the pen !

Not a good situation. Another reason not to hide things from your SO.
    I hope you find it without ill effect. As stated in a previous post, it will be in the last place you look. In my case, u will look for something else then find what I was looking for previously.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    It could be sitting out in the open in plain sight.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    First, check the mirror. Do you look suspiciously younger? Yes? No? Wife looking more youthful? Now look behind the mirror.

I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Next time write down where you put it as long as you don't lose that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Hi Sheila, I was thinking like the others that your wife may have already found it first.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    Well, stay tuned. This could get interesting. Almost sounds like the premise for a sitcom.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Old Sufi Story:

It is nighttime. Nasruden is outside on his hands and knees under the street light. A good friend comes by and asks Nasruden what is happening. He says,"I have lost my keys and so I am looking for them." After an hour of both men looking for the keys under the streetlight, the friend asks Nasruden if he remembers where he had the keys last. Nasruden says clearly,"I was in the house."
    'Then why have we been looking out here?" Asks the friend.
    Nasruden says,"because it is light out here and dark in there...."

My mother in law always seemed to find lost things by sending up a prayer to St. Anthony. It worked even though she was not a Catholic!

Good luck Sheila.

Peace
    St. Eve

I bought a new swim suite on line back in the winter. and put it away till summer finally got here. Spent weeks going nuts trying to find it!! as i was sure it should be in my second drawer of the dresser. turns out that is exactly where I put it but! but it had gotten pushed over the back of the overstuffed drawer and I found it behind/under the bottom drawer along with lots of other missing treasures! Good luck!!!
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

I have found that the only way to thoroughly lose something is to put it in that special place where you'll be sure to find it.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Quote Originally Posted by Tonya Rose View Post
    I bought a new swim suite on line back in the winter. and put it away till summer finally got here. Spent weeks going nuts trying to find it!! as i was sure it should be in my second drawer of the dresser. turns out that is exactly where I put it but! but it had gotten pushed over the back of the overstuffed drawer and I found it behind/under the bottom drawer along with lots of other missing treasures! Good luck!!!
    That happens to me a lot. My wife, god bless her, recently cleared some new drawer space for my bikinis, shorts, and sundry other items. However when she saw the size of my bikini collection, I was placed under orders not to buy any more. So now, even though I am out to her, I have to figure out how to hide the four new bottoms and one top I got dirt cheap from the clearance sale on Aerpostale's website. I ordered them but they have not arrived yet. Nail biting time!

I'm sure you've done this but if I have a similar experience I "mind map" that day. By that I mean I remember things that I did that day and them work backwards or forwards to the previous/next event. It's amazing how you remember being in a room or place that suddenly triggers the event you're after.

Failing that, buy another one and the moment it arrives you'll remember where you put the first one.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I cant find my makeup looked all over and I dont know where I put them, just had to buy some more I needed it badl

This happens to me often. I am looking all over for a skirt I wore the other day.
    Looked all over ... Usually they turn up in an unlikely place

My major problem is that I keep finding things that I forgot that I had put there to begin with.

Eureka. I have found it.
    Thanks for all your helpful suggestions and helpless anecdotes.
    I spent an hour today emptying every shelf in the closet one at a time.
    You were right, it was in the last place I looked!

Also did some cleaning and came up with a big bag of clothes to donate.
    Apparently my male self is a sock hoarder.
    Live and let dress.

I spend half my life looking for stuff. But yeah, your wife probably found it.

Gold Member
    You have CRS...... Can't Remember Stuff..... I have had it for years.
    Next time, write it down on a piece of note paper, and then try to remember
    where you put the paper....LOL
    Rader

Buy something else you need to hide, when it comes maybe you'll find the same hiding place to use. Otherwise, where was your wife when you received it, did you maybe go through the garage or take a different route into the house to hide it, and stash it along the way? Good luck!!

Whatever problems you are having finding stuff, get used to it. It gets worse.