Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trans Survey

Trans Survey

The US Trans Survey is now available for those who are interested in participating. I believe it's focused on US rather than international experience. So I encourage those in the US to be counted!

Just google US Trans Survey.

Mod Note

This survey is only relevant to our US members

I signed up to get the results when the survey is completed and I'll plan to let you all know how to get the results once I'm notified. Perhaps some of you signed up to get notified but there may be some who did not.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 08-22-2015 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Multiposting is making a post directly one after another, when you should have edited the additional comments into your first post
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Hi Brenda,

I'd certainly like to see the results (or a usable link to the results if that's easier for you?) - we might be outside the US but I'm sure many or most of our international members would be interested in understanding how things are looking for our community in the USA.

Thanks for keeping us informed...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I took the survey this morning. Rather interesting, but I'm not sure that if someone really tried they couldn't figure out who you were. Lots of personal questions.

I started to take the survey but then lost the link. I shall go back in later. A note on the start page says they are having an overwhelming response and their server is being overloaded. That's good as we all need to contribute. The more information about our community that reaches the notice of the general public the better in my opinion. Our community has been in the shadows for too long. It really is anonymous though of course it does ask a lot of detailed questions as it must if it to be of any use.

Just completed it. There were only a few questions that I felt uncomfortable answering...
    The struggle. She is real.

that was quite thorough, had no issues with wait time or anything....did not sign up for the results but would like to see the the outcome if you could follow up when it is completed this september,

also feel with all the questions answered anyone with computer skills and lots of time and resources would be able to compile all the identities they wished to....im ok with that and think its important to be counted...
    Last edited by mykell; 08-24-2015 at 02:56 PM. Reason: added
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Quote Originally Posted by cdterri View Post
    I'm not sure that if someone really tried they couldn't figure out who you were. Lots of personal questions.
    They might, but what is the point? They might put that much effort into tracking down a serious criminal, but someone who hasn't committed a crime?
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I briefly looked up the bios and current affiliation of the "Research Team" and was not surprised that it was a lawyer and a consultant. Their focus is not for 'research' but to gather a database to support preconceived ideas and notions. None of the standard research procedures or study over-site and peer review will be in place to vett the data collected. It's a travesty to call it a survey or the team of two people a 'research team' what controls are in place to eliminate no transgender replies or to ensure the accuracy ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I filled it out, hoping something good may come of it.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

If you would like to see the results of the last survey they is available here:

http://transequality.org/issues/nati...ination-survey

Kelly, I don't see this survey as being terribly ominous. Knowing that a problem exists doesn't mean that one shouldn't determine the extent of a problem. Sure, it might support some preconceived notions, but it also may bring out issues that were previously hidden.

The survey has been reviewed and approved by the UCLA Institutional Review Board, which is the body at the university that monitors research involving human subjects.

Can the survey be corrupted by radical feminists as they have threatened? Sure, but only if an adequate number of them take 45-60 minutes to complete a false survey, and manage to keep their false input self-consistant enough to avoid detection. With legitimate response slated to go over (perhaps way over) 10,000 it will take a lot of TERFs to significantly skew the results.

If anything, the current survey might well show a decrease in the frequency of negative event occurrences, due to an improvement in the overall climate and the inclusion of more respondents. A lot of people who would have been wary of any survey five years ago are considerably more comfortable with the idea now. Last time around the respondents were the folks who were "way out there." This time it seems more accessible to those who aren't so "loud and proud."

If the researchers do have an axe to grind they probably won't be happy with my input. I've had relatively good luck in avoiding discrimination, violence, and in accessing medical care. A lot of this is due to the efforts of the LGBT organizations that led the way.
    Last edited by Eryn; 08-20-2015 at 11:39 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I answered every single one of them . . Took me 20 minutes
    "Be who you are, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise"

"If you're not transgender, you don't understand, so STFU"

hmmm my survey seemed to froze part way through. Well i'll be retaking it some other day.

So here is the link to info about delays and such:

http://transequality.org/blog/a-note...-survey-delays

Hope you can be patient as it's important to have all voices heard.
    Putting the y (chromosome) in girly!

Brenda,
    Thanks for posting this. I took the survey by the way and fortunately, I found that most of the circumstances did not apply to me. I am sure that it is because I have been very much in the closet my whole life and aside from a few sales associates, who only know about a dude who paid cash for women's clothes, no one knows about my crossdressing. However, having been on this site for a few years, I don't think I'm alone in that category. Many of us are quite private in our crossdressing and as a result, no one really has any idea how many of us there are. This survey provided a safe opportunity for those of us who may be described as "TG Lite" to be counted.

I took the survey last night and had no problems. I didn't have any concerns about the questions, except those that may identify me. That's probably because even though I'm out in public quite a lot with my TG friends, except my wife and some doctors and therapists (who are legally sworn to secrecy), only my wife knows about both sides of me.

I guess now I'm more worried about an "Ashley Madison" type of hack on this site.

I also added a story at the end and signed up to get the results.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

The survey is legitimate and it's a follow-on to an earlier survey that is cited as valid. It is focused at assessing the situation that trans people find themselves in regarding employment, housing, medical care etc. but does attempt to capture data for those who define themselves as crossdressers. However, my observation is that many crossdressers do not see themselves as part of the trans community and don't seem to associate their dressing with any political or policy issues. Ignoring the fuss over labels, I would love to get the full picture of how many people participate in any type of gender variant behavior.

Regarding the hacking of this site - if you are concerned about being outed, use an email address that you only use for your fem identity. However, the site administrators should be taking all precautions.
    Last edited by melanie206; 08-22-2015 at 09:18 AM. Reason: added a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshisaur View Post
    hmmm my survey seemed to froze part way through. Well i'll be retaking it some other day.
    If this happens, open another tab and do something else for a while. Mine froze for several minutes, but then recovered and worked well.

I was a bit annoyed by the "one or two question per page" formatting, but I've come to realize that it is a way to discourage mischief. It's a lot harder to set up a 'bot to corrupt a survey in that format.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey New View Post
    Many of us are quite private in our crossdressing and as a result, no one really has any idea how many of us there are. This survey provided a safe opportunity for those of us who may be described as "TG Lite" to be counted.
    I think that this is important. There is nothing "Lite" about being in the closet. Closeted TG feelings and issues are just as relevant as those of folks who are out. Who knows, if societal norms move enough it might liberate those who currently must exist in the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    I guess now I'm more worried about an "Ashley Madison" type of hack on this site.
    The clients of Ashley Madison were paying for the service, which meant that they had to provide credit card information. That, and their email addresses were the traceable elements of their data. The survey being discussed did not ask for credit card data and most of us have separate email accounts for our femme selves.

Additionally, the focus of the Ashley Madison scandal are those in the public eye who are apparently guilty of soliciting adultery. Stories like that are a much juicier topic for the news than some guy in Des Moines who likes to wear women's underwear so I doubt that the survey data would be very useful even if it were hacked.
    Eryn

Platinum Member
    Hi Brenda, That was interesting I did all of the questions, It would be fun to see the results some day.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I don't think there's any evil intent in this survey; sure, they MIGHT be able to narrow down who I am if the really hired a full time detective force, but one person alone working with limited means would not be able to pick me out from everyone in the zip code without years of cross referencing. It's important that we do get this to as many people we know who are not 'normal, straight' folks, as I think it will carry more weight if they see how many of us there really are.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

????? After about four questions it said thank you for taking part and.... that was that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I filled it out too. I signed up to get the results when they come back. It'll be interesting to see, I'm sure. I'll probably post up a discussion on them.

Taken. Thank you for the link!!!

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

It came out while I was on vacation so I didn't get a chance to take it until I got back from a week of gender flip-flopping in Provincetown. I think the thing that struck me the most about it is how fortunate I am. Some of the questions imply some very bad situations. It will be interesting to see the results when they're published.

I think it is a good and worthwhile survey. NCTE has a person working in the White House. The timing is right for all "T's" to be counted. Bear in mind that a huge percentage are living on the streets,in shelters,or busy working 5 jobs to get by and these surveys ask about that situation,but rarely do these people get to tell their story. I hope many of our members here will take the time to do this survey. Rogina

The site had a link several months ago to have people sign up for notification of the survey which I did and took it last week.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass