Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I am "just a Crossdresser"

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Charona,
    All this will change once you get "dressed" and go OUT in public. Then you will NOT forget what you are wearing and a dress will DEFINITELY not feel like a robe. It is the presenting to the world, the air blowing on your legs, the temperature changes and difference from your feet through your legs to your head, and on and on, that make it SO different than doing the exact same thing but behind closed doors.

I too am a technician. For me this is a fun ongoing experiment. To me getting dressed and staying behind closed doors is like building a race car and never taking it for a spin. And to me getting dressed and hiding in a car or in deserted places is like taking that race car out for a test run but never really opening up the throttle.

Note I stated "To me......" That eliminates any connotation of judging anyone else. As long as they are happy and not harming themselves, good. If someone posts a rant about my statement I will merely remind them that it is my preferred method and not a judgement.

If you ever decide to try getting OUT enfemme, find a Group or an experienced gal to help you.

Going OUT is SUCH FUN!

Even staying IN or driving around or walking in a deserted park is SUCH FUN for those who prefer.

So let's celebrate the diverse group that we are!
    Last edited by BillieAnneJean; 08-21-2015 at 01:19 PM.

So what's the difference between a crossdresser and just a crossdresser? I'm a crossdresser or I'm not. What does "just a" add (or take away) from what defines a crossdresser?

After 3 months of therapy my therapist told me last night im just a crossdresser who like the feminine things but still loves being a dude , so if you will excuse me a have a new dress to try on

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    So what's the difference between a crossdresser and just a crossdresser? I'm a crossdresser or I'm not. What does "just a" add (or take away) from what defines a crossdresser?
    I think most of us using "just a" means we have no plans or desire to transition. Often on this forum we see people posting they've come to the realization they are TG, and at times it feels tike that's the natural evolution of things. I can't say with 100% certainty how I will feel years from now, but as of right now, I'm a cross dresser and can't see ever moving beyond that.

Some days I dress this way, and some days I dress that way. Not looking for anything else. Include me in the "just" crowd.

Eons ago as a 20-25 years of age crossdresser I would go out. I never had the nerve to hit a club but went out for walks. and interacted with people I met. As I got older I started staying in as I had more trouble passing. I love staying home and doing my house work and taking life one day at a time.
    So, I am a plain old vanilla crossdresser I guess.

I dress because I love it and sexually it is wonderful.....that is me...
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

BillieAnneJean I agree with you whole heartedly. I personally suffer from PTSD from being robbed several times and I find cross dressing helps calm me down and more enjoyable to be around.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Billie,

I love your posts as you always seem to be having so much fun. There is nothing wrong with being who you are (CD, TG, TS whatever floats your boat) so long as we can all agree wherever we land we are happy and not "poo, poo looky loo" the others then this will continue to be a great site.

I may have started as a CDer and moved on a bit further down the line . . . but we are all in this together and should revel in the fact that we all find peace on some level be it as a "dude who likes to dress up for fun" or a "woman coming to terms with herself".

Cheers

Isha

I am also "Just a crossdresser". I seem to recall some threads like this before with just a crossdressers coming out of the woodwork. My guess is that there are as many crossdressers on this forum as more than just a crossdressers, but we may have less posts.

But I have to say, for a bunch of guys who just do the for fun occasionally, we sure make an awesomely pretty group of girls, don't you think?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

What a great thread... Count me in as well. While I can respect and empathize with those sisters who are on a longer and much harder journey that me, my path is mine and I'm OK with it. I like who I am, dressed or not, and have someone in my life that's OK with all of it. Its taken many years to get here, but I'm glad to be at a point where like Julie said, I'm not "Just a CD" I'm so much more.....

billie anne, thanks for the thread.
    i join the ranks of 'just a crossdresser". You stated just pretty much how i feel about this whole part of my life.
    Did i go out? yes. Did i look a lot better 40 years ago? hell yes! Am i content with what i have and how i dress and where i dress? absolutely. Do i have major respect for those who go out, mix with the population, enter into rle, or fully transition? So much so that a few simple words don't even come close!
    Is this site one of the best things in my life journey, allowing me to quiet the "i'm the only one" voice in my head, seeking advice from those girls here that are SO far ahead of me, Learning to deal with the emotions of this journey, of how to treat life and others on this lonely road? Beyond the wildest reaches of the mind!
    Have I found friends here that will help, teach, listen, and revel small triumphs with me. More than i had ever imagined existed!

I'm also just a crossdresser and that's all I need to make me happy.
    Angie

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I think crossdressing is just the price of admission here. (Or being an SO associated with a cd'er) Personally, my body image and feelings normalize when I have breasts and makeup and shaved legs, etc..... I'm pretty sure that I'm >cd.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Hmm? I am not sure about this thread. I always thought that this site was a "broad church" that was accepting of a wide variety of trans gender people, whether they are on a path to SRS or someone who just likes to dress in lingerie beneath their day clothes. But in reading the replies to Billie's post, do I detect some disagreement with this? Humankind has a bias toward splitting hairs and excluding those who for some reason are not quite like themselves. I hope we are not headed in the same direction.
    I'm happy for Billie but I am also happy for the many on this site who want to define themselves in other ways.

I guess there are a lot more of us here than what I have been thinking were here lately. I am just a CD myself, it's about the clothes mostly and is what is at the fore front and I think that is what defines a CD from the rest of the pack. We're not interested in much more than looking pretty on a part time basis or when the "urge" hits us.

This is why I never considered myself, nor do I, as part of the LGBT community. This is part time, there isn't much past the dressing for Me. I don't emotionally feel like I am a woman trapped in a man's body because the man is still the prominent side of me and who I am 90% of the time. The feminine side is only there when I am presenting as such and that is only because being dressed and still acting like a dude would look and feel awkward.

I am wondering though at this point as to how many of the admins here at crossdressers.com are actually that, just a cross dresser?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Closeted crossdresser here. I really enjoy a brief moment of expressing my female side, but the rest of the time want to be and enjoy being male.

That's funny because those are the same words my wife said to me when I told her. She said not to look to much into it and don't try to figure it out, instead to enjoy the time I have with it. I believe that was when I finally found piece with it and stopped feeling guilty and really started to enjoy it.

Many of you ladies chimed in on my "Am I transgender?" thread. This thread is the perfect accompaniment because the point of my thread was "I'm just a crossdresser" and it that's the way I like it!

Eva D.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    I am wondering though at this point as to how many of the admins here at crossdressers.com are actually that, just a cross dresser?

Possibly our other mods will chip in as well, but there is me... and I think quite a few others, 3-4 minimum. Our two administrators are both GGs, and we have another two GG mods, and then 3 transitioned/ing TS... So quite an even spread really. I believe I would be the minimum presenting CDer amongst the team, so on BAJ's definition, I'd probably be "barely-just-a-crossdresser" But still in the club...

I take away from Billie's original point the opportunity to show compassion and understanding to those who have to travel further than we do - although many of us have our crosses to bear of guilt and shame regardless of how well we might appear to manage our shared condition. While it is possible to have fun with it, I doubt a week goes by without wishing the need wasn't there that drives me to do it - can't help that - most of the time I can feel that it's a quirk that makes me more interesting than most, except not very many people know about this 'interesting' aspect of me...

We are a 'broad church' Consuelo - I think most people here accept this but there are always a few who will be vociferously denying the collective nature of our community for all sorts of personal reasons... That's just people...

It's a good cause you support Billie - it's good to hear of any group that supports the community in a positive way.

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post

I take away from Billie's original point the opportunity to show compassion and understanding to those who have to travel further than we do

Katey x
    Katey,
    You got my OP meaning exactly, I am expressing compassion for those whose paths are more difficult, gratitude that mine isn't, and stating that our Group is there for anyone wanting some friendship or just a listener.

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post

It's a good cause you support Billie - it's good to hear of any group that supports the community in a positive way.

Katey x
    Thanks Katey. We are trying to be a positive influence on the city on behalf of the TS community.

AND I am having SO MUCH FUN with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is SO unlike the other me.
    Last edited by BillieAnneJean; 08-24-2015 at 09:53 AM.

Banned Read only
    I'm another "Just a Crossdresser" checking in for the day. I will admit in my younger years the desire to wear women's clothing really tore me apart. That's the kid of the 1960's thinking. Now, as an elderly gentleman of the 2010's I am comfortable sliding back and forth between manhood and womanhood. I am very content being a man, but, if I were not a man there is nothing wrong with being a woman............with the exception of the crap many men throw at women.

say i'm 13 again and mother didn't go to work that day and leave me alone to experiment with her pantyhose. Say I didn't totally enjoy that feeling so much that it stayed with me for the next 33 years. just say nothing like that ever happened and I didn't
    have to carry the title of crossdresser around with me every second of my life. Would life be somehow more fulfilling? Would I enjoy who I have become? The friends I've met? Would I have married that stupid bitch I met in high school (the one who got fat as a whale and bosses her
    husband around)? Fate led me to this lifestyle and fate will take me through it. Yeah, i'm just a crossdresser. A very, very happy one....

I am just a cross dresser.

Fun isn't it?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yes I'm just a cross-dresser, love to get dressed up, love shopping for skirts, tops, shoes lingerie, then rushing home to try them on, yep just a cross-dresser and I love it and me when I'm dressed.

Jennie