Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever want to tell a stranger?

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar

Ever want to tell a stranger?

Just wondering if anyone else wanted to just tell a complete stranger, like at a bar for example,
    "I dress up as a woman."

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

some times but going down that route could just be a bit wild, I mean that person would not know you but what if afterwards he mentioned this fact to someone else describing what you looked like and that person actually knew you or knew of you. The cat would well and truly be out of the bag and could get back to work colleagues or your family/friends, would you want that?.

Well, no. But more often than not, when I'm interacting with strangers, I'm already completely en femme, so I'd just be stating the obvious.

The thought has definitely crossed my mind! Mainly at females though. Hoping that they would be curious to see or something haha!

Platinum Member
    Not ever. Ive been in a number of bars dressed as a woman, and unfortunately, the fact that I am GM was more apparent than I might wish. I didnt have to tell anyone the obvious.

But I guess the question is about telling strangers while in male mode...I certainly have no urge to do so. After all, they are strangers....why would I care to share this?
    Last edited by kimdl93; 08-20-2015 at 06:59 AM. Reason: ipad typos
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I did that once at the Induction center right after I got drafted still manged to get the girls number though. I used to be allot more confident then, working on getting back to that place where I was bulletproof and bubling giddy and full of life.
    well even if i'm wrong, you know i'm right

Banned Read only
    I totally did, I even started a thread, the response was so unbelievable (in a good way) I nearly fainted! Mind you given the circumstances and a lot of consideration it wasn't entirely unexpected though...but I still nearly fainted, OK! 😀

Banned Read only
    I'm pretty sure I do that EVERY SINGLE TIME I am out. It's kinda obvious.

In fact, I HAVE had that conversation with a couple in a bar one night. It was educational for them. Of course the woman who cuts my wig knows.

Do you mean telling someone when you re in guy mode?

It's funny, I had an experience the other day while dressed in guy mood shopping for cosmetics. The saleswoman asked if I needed help finding something for someone when I was looking for the new Urban Decay Electric pallet. I just told her it was for me and she got really happy and excited trying to help me find things. Stranger don't really bother me. It's like "what do I have to lose."

I avoid interacting with strangers like a plague when I'm out, so no.

Just wondering if anyone else wanted to just tell a complete stranger, like at a bar for example,
    "I dress up as a woman."
    In a word.....NO.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    ...........But more often than not, when I'm interacting with strangers, I'm already completely en femme.......
    This me too. What is cool about this, is that you can get into some interesting conversations with GG's though. Actually it is fun interacting with strangers when you are out, but make sure they are the right ones.
    Dana Ryan

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have told quite a few strangers I CD.
    They were of course the SA's I come in contact with at stores like Macy's or ULTA.
    I have no problem fessing up to strangers about my CDing.

Banned Read only
    Alice,
    Everytime you shop you're making that statement but I know what you mean ! It's probably best to bite your tongue it's not worth getting a backlash for it .

Funny thing last time I shopped, the young girl that served me was OK about me buying shoes but she didn't appear to want to watch me trying them on but she was OK about taking the money !

Yes, there are more facets to this than I originally thought.
    I still enjoy reading the comments on shopping.
    My original concept was being in drab and telling someone you just met that you will most likely never see again.
    Its someone that would not expect it.
    Employees at a store selling anything for women are generally prepared for a guy shopping for girl things for himself, whether dressed up or not.

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

What makes you think that a "total stranger" would care, one way or the other?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I did. Twice.
    The first time was at a drag show in Key a West. After the show my wife and I were talking to one of the drag queens and I said "I love your outfit, but I only dress at home. She said oh, we have to talk some more, but we never did. I was secretly hoping she would take me in the back to the wardrobe area and get me all dolled up. LOL.

The second time was at Macy's. I was looking for black microfiber panties. The SA approached and asked what was I looking for. I told her microfiber panties. She kept trying to steer me to stuff that wouldn't support the boys (you know what I mean) I finally told her they were for me. She didn't blink and then helped me find the ones I wanted.
    Connie

Yes I have (usually to GG's) and have never had a negative response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Platinum Member
    Hi Alice, I have shared some of my cell phone pictures with some SAs'.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    I have not had the urge to do that and I think a bar would be a really bad place to do it if you decide to.

For most of us, they have probably guessed it already if we've been around them for more than a minute or two.

Sure. the pink fog is thick, especially when I've had a few days off, dressed as a woman all the time, it seems like a great idea, as I convince myself that what I'm doing is perfectly normal. Then I remember that >99% of the world does NOT think that what I'm doing is normal at all, and I hesitate, and change my mind.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

For me it always just a weird thought, nothing I've seriously considered.

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

I've had a bit of success doing this, but I can also usually vet people pretty well and if I feel any degree of hesitation, I pull up. Hasn't really failed me yet.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
    Oscar Wilde

Hell-o Alice,
    Nope! Never had the urge to bring a complete stranger into MY world.
    I do sometimes find it easier to talk to a stranger (for a brief conversation), but to
    tell them that I CD ? That's not happening. Although I can see the benefits of being open to
    an SA, their assistance, and professional advice would be worth exposing myself, I just haven't
    been in a situation where I needed that. Just talking to someone in a bar (not that I go to a lot of bars)( if ever)
    would seem to me to be a bit reckless.
    You just never know when the right person, at the right time, will come along.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Sometimes I would like to tell a stranger I think it would be a somewhat relief as none of my friends and family know I'm a Crossdresser