Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever want to tell a stranger?

I am not sure I could directly walk up and tell a person about that side. But it's been kept bottled for so long it's hard to be open at times. With the world being so violent about things I would say no not now. The best defense is not to offend.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

I remember the first time I ever told a clerk in a store that I was shopping for myself. I was SO scared! She surprised me by simply rolling with it. She helped me and gave me a dressing room. Then they brought me more outfits to try on. It blew my mind. These days, I often say what I want and eventually clarify that I am shopping for myself, if necessary. Otherwise, I might start with, "I am a crossdresser and I am looking for..." That approach is helpful when what I want is special to me. Like I want longer tops because I am so tall.

Once, I was on an airplane and a stewardess who was riding to another airport sat beside me. I asked her, "Have you ever had a crossdresser on your plane?" She said, "No, or at least not that I noticed." I said, "We call it 'flying pretty' and it is a major achievement." She acknowledged what I said. Then later we chatted about various other topics.
    I am a man who presents male and wears feminine clothes.
    I blog about my outings: https://joeypress.wordpress.com/

I have had a few instances of this happening.

1)Girl mode - Spent the whole night at the bar talking to these girls about football. At the end of the night I asked one of them if they wanted to see what I normally look like as I was getting ready to close out and had my ID. She was so confused! She thought I was just a girl with a deep voice the whole time. I thought she knew. I answered the 21 questions and we ended up becoming good bar friends.

2)Guy mode - Drunk at a bar talking to a few girls. Can't remember how it came up but I told them. They wanted to see pictures so I showed them. They were very positive about it. That's about all I remember of that night .

3)Guy mode - At a bar with some girls. At the end of the night some random cute girl comes up to me.
    Her: "Are you trans?"
    Me: "Yes. How did you know?"
    Her: "You're beautiful!"
    Me: "How did you know that?"
    She never told me. Definitely the most interesting thing anyone has ever asked me in a bar.

The trend here is that I must live at the bar right?
    You're a Daisy if you do! -Doc Holliday

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GenieGirl View Post
    I have had a few instances of this happening.

1)Girl mode - Spent the whole night at the bar talking to these girls about football. At the end of the night I asked one of them if they wanted to see what I normally look like as I was getting ready to close out and had my ID. She was so confused! She thought I was just a girl with a deep voice the whole time. I thought she knew. I answered the 21 questions and we ended up becoming good bar friends.

2)Guy mode - Drunk at a bar talking to a few girls. Can't remember how it came up but I told them. They wanted to see pictures so I showed them. They were very positive about it. That's about all I remember of that night .

3)Guy mode - At a bar with some girls. At the end of the night some random cute girl comes up to me.
    Her: "Are you trans?"
    Me: "Yes. How did you know?"
    Her: "You're beautiful!"
    Me: "How did you know that?"
    She never told me. Definitely the most interesting thing anyone has ever asked me in a bar.

The trend here is that I must live at the bar right?

That's what I'm talking about Genie: someone you're talking to already, like making a new bar-friend (LOL).
    Thanks for sharing.
    Most the time a bar is where its at, lol.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

No. I have wanted a stranger to see me and move along without issue.

I don't want to be recognized, I want to be invisible.

I want to skip around in a skirt and heels and have it result in --Zero-- reaction.

We all deserve to be invisible...

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Yes, mostly in shops, even if I don't say it directly, I let them know. I was asked last week 'are you going to wear the wig and boots tonight' Yes, as soon as I get home. It's great because most of them accept it and say I'll just get your change. I love it

I've only told others in a San Francisco bar called Divas which caters to transsexuals, cd's and admirers, I loved showing them my pics on my phone. They were very supportive and complimentary.

I love dropping this on SA's when shopping endrab, "The dress is for me" Most never miss a beat, and often it starts a fun conversation.

Well, I guess when I go to Dress Barn and ask to try on the dress, it is generally a giveaway that I am a crossdresser

Telling is a thing of what is right for me at the time,, If telling will make it easier for me to do something or get something and it won't hurt me anyway I will tell. But just coming out of the blue and blurting it out just to say it No. Like if I am looking for something special and I am in a hurry and the lady ask who I am shopping for I tell her Me. But if does me no good to tell some Goof ball and try and convince them about us and try and sway them to accept us,, I don't waste my time,, I am no right fighter,, Live and let live,, Being a Man was easy as Hell,, An I am going to make this Look easy too,,,lol,,,,

Only if they ask.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Banned Read only
    Everywhere I go I look at the women and think "I bet my panties are cuter than hers".

But yes, I have wanted to just walk up to a stranger(probably a women) and say "Wanna see whose wearing the cuter panties?" And then just walk away.

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    It's strangely appealing. Probably a need to get things off my chest because where I live I can't come out as a CD.

But I've sort of done it in jest a few times far from home. Once a female friend was prodding her bust in a bar. She had a new dress on and was disappointed at the effect it had on her cleavage. I told her she could borrow my breast forms if she wanted. She thought that was brilliant. And it was obvious for the rest of the evening that she didn't know if I was serious or joking. I'm a coward so I didn't confirm anything.

There are certain situations. I was at Austin pride and stooped at a Men's booth. One man started taking to me and wondering what my interest was. I told him my male name and he was surprised. I explained to him what I was and he called me a chimera. I explained the Androgynous side of me and introduced My SO saying that she was a great women. He asked me a lot of questions and then gave me a great hug. It was really nice of him. He said that I should come and share my experiences. I did put my name and contact information on their journal.
    Part Time Girl

I have not ever told a stranger but where I bought my bra on a second visit I was able to explain the reason why I dressed in lingerie and also reinforced nicely the point that I was not gay or anything like that but the fact was lingerie is more comfortable to wear that guy stuff, I did not know this sa but since I think we are becoming closer than just a customer/SA relationship. So nice when this sort of thing happens.

Aspiring Member
    About the only time I have is telling the sales associate in a woman's specialty store that the items I was looking at were for me.

Silver Member
    No - I never wanted to tell a stranger that I crossdress. It does not seem to be exciting, or interesting, or meaningful.

Closest I have come is when I was picking up a clothing order for my wife.
    The shop assistant was asking me to confirm the usual details, such as postcode, then name. She said just the surname will do, '"because you don't look like an Andrea* "
    I laughed, and said 'well you haven't seen me dressed up for a Saturday night!'.
    She laughed too, but judging from her expression I'm sure she was trying to work out if I was really joking or not...

Daphne
    x

* Name changed to protect the innocent...

Depends on the circumstances, but if I met someone knowing that I would probably never see them again and the subject was brought up, I would definitely feel more comfortable telling them than I would telling a close friend or family member.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I agree; it definitely depends on the circumstances.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Hi, I have had discussions of this nature at a bar while dressed. Some people talk to me quite seriously and respectfully and I have gotten into meaningful conversations. Some assume I am gay, or transitioning, or want to be a woman. They are curious. Most have difficulty latching onto the subject that I am just a crossdresser and this is a hobby for me. I have never thought of discussing this at a bar while dressed as a boy.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    mostly sales people, they just go with it, a sale is a sale.

Absolutely not.
    I'm not about to tell some stranger. I don't dress for anyone but me. I don't go out to flaunt myself in the public eye and if no one ever knew it would be fine with me.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

There have been times I've thought about telling anyone I thought would actually listen, but since I haven't been sold that I can identify that person, discretion has won out!

I have gone to aa and one of there biggest sayings( was you are only as sick a your secrets) not to judge anyone but for me I had to tell someone about my cd thanks for this forum. no I did not confess it in AA.