Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first transgender President!

Banned Read only

first transgender President!

I was reading the post in media about the first openly TG White House staff member and thought will there ever be a TG President? LOTS more 'firsts' to pass of course but do you think it could ever happen?

We have yet to have a cis-gender female president in the USA. I think we need to cross that milestone first before we have a transgender president.

I also think having a transgender congress person, or white house staff member, needs to happen first.

I'd say it's a long shot. Not impossible, but very much a long shot. There are so few of us to begin with, and we aren't where we need to be in terms of acceptance. Maybe the 75th president of the USA will be transgender, but that won't be in my lifetime.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Banned Read only
    I agree, but our sun still has a few billion years mileage in it, right ☺

Banned Read only
    You know that is going to be me, right Robin? I was going to run this time around but there were too many clowns in the car so I said I would catch it next trip.

Banned Read only
    LOL Jorja 😀! I'd comment further but I'd just get my post deleted, put on a no fly list, etc, etc!

I think that one day it really will not be a big deal and the president elected will not even be considered the "first" anything. Eventually this will be just another procedure some people go through in childhood and isn't considered any more of a big deal than having an appendix removed.

Then again it will be a loooooooong time
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    You know that is going to be me, right Robin? I was going to run this time around but there were too many clowns in the car so I said I would catch it next trip.
    you would have my vote. the others are definitely the clowns.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    you have my vote jorga... would be great to have someone in Washington with some common sense, and beautiful!!
    paula

US blacks were granted full civil rights in 1870. It then took 138 years for a black to be elected President.

Women were granted full civil rights in 1920. 95 years later no women has been a nominated candidate for President. The two that were nominated for vice president were added to the ticket simply to draw female votes for the main candidate. Neither was successful.

A trans president? Probably not in my lifetime.
    Last edited by Eryn; 08-21-2015 at 08:05 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

well why not?? in silverton oregon they have a t/g mayor so why not a us president ?? it might make interesting foreign policy in parts of the world that frown on this sort of thing

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by phylis anne View Post
    it might make interesting foreign policy in parts of the world that frown on this sort of thing
    Wow Phylis Anne, very interesting point!

in silverton oregon they have a t/g mayor so why not a us president ??
    Anything is possible. It's just that as a nation, we have a history of having only white male presidents. Only in 2008 did a non-white get elected as president. We still have yet to elect a female president. It's just this nations history. I actually believe there is a better chance of India electing a transgender prime minister than the USA electing a transgender president.

it might make interesting foreign policy in parts of the world that frown on this sort of thing
    This would be very interesting. Especially with countries such as Russia that are extremely LGBT. However, countries like India would probably adapt well to there being a TG USA president. Actually, India and Pakistan have both had female prime ministers and the US has yet to have a female president. I think the scenario is more likely that India would elect a TG president, and the USA will frown on it. Actually, there are plenty of countries that have had female prime ministers. Any of those countries would be quicker to elect a TG prime minister or president than the USA would. Sorry USA, but we're not exactly the most open-minded nation in the world. And yes, it's very much because of close-minded states like Texas, Alabama, and Indiana. Sorry to offend anybody from those states.

I might expect to see a TG governor of a blue state like California, Oregon, New York, or Massachusetts, or maybe a TG senator or house rep, before we see a TG president.
    Last edited by Michelle789; 08-23-2015 at 12:14 AM.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Jorga,

Just let us know when the campaign offices open.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

You have my Vote girl. lol

Jorja,

Your comments and thoughts make much more sense than most of those in power today, so you get my vote.

J Edgar Hoover got quite close, but not quite Transgender!! Or so it was reported??

Unfortunately, the article was incorrect about that person being the first openly trans person to work in the White House. She was predated by several years by a friend of mine, an out trans woman. When she saw the news, she posted pics of herself at her going away party at the white house, where they presented her with a signed card for her service there. Below is one of her pictures - posted here with her permission.

Amelie's going away card at the White House.jpg

Under which President?

Amélie worked for the current administration. leaving it about a year ago or so, after serving for some time.

Let's try to remember that Jorja really couldn't produce a birth certificate, because she didn't exist.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

I feel that the current administration "gets it"...Far different than those of the past..

Gold Member
    I cannot help but wonder if a candidate's TG status would even matter a whole lot.
    It probably would not help nor hurt much.
    I think it will be quite a while before there is a TG president just because the vast majority of people are not TG anyways.

To keep this short -
    Normally the only time someone has a problem with someone being TG is if they are directly connected, like family or friends.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Can you all not see that Jorja has been banned? No? oh........ well she wouldn't make any kind of president really, seeing as she is nothing but a fake, stealing pictures and claiming them to be herself.... so, good luck with that!!
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Thanks for the info Tamara,

With 6,380 posts it appears she's been a long time in being found out!!

Reality Check
    I would sincerely hope each President (or any other politician) would be elected based on qualifications, not race, gender, religion, etc..

I guess my hint about Jorja's birth certificate was not broad enough.

Lallie
    Time for a change.