Thread: Gender clinic appointment

Gender clinic appointment

I went and had a full check up today, apparently I'm in great working order and they are going to write my referral for surgery.

Long way to go still but I feel I'm really getting somewhere now!

Good to know I'm getting in the queue, even if I am right at the back

Hopefully time will fly by. Congratulations!

Congratulations Becky! It is a long journey but we are headed in the right direction.
    Suzanne

Hopefully Becky it be to long.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

That is good news Becky. There are signs that the queue may (stress the may) be getting shorter. These are the latest figures published by Imperial
    http://www.imperial.nhs.uk/services/...faqs/id_046443
    The bright note is that they referred 40 patients to Parkside where Dr Bellringer works privately. If they have finally started to use him then the waiting list may finally start to reduce.

Untitled
    Have they asked who you want your 2nd referral with? Leeds GIC used both Nottingham and Sheffield (of course I picked the wrong one, at least according to a certain Administrator) Thinking about it, have they offered a choice of surgeons? If you know, it would be a good idea, if you can, to contact them to see what they need in the way of preparation.

My surgeon, Mr Oliver Fenton required hair removal, so I had to arrange gential electrolysis, which was paid for by the NHS as it was a requirement for surgery

Anyway, hopefully time will fly for you
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

I've been recommended Mr Phil Thomas at Brighton.

I asked about the genital electrolysis and they said depends on surgeons, as some do the removal as part of the procedure. That didn't make sense, I thought you would need several sessions?
    Guess that will be discussed at the surgeons consultation.
    He did mention furballs as a complication.

They never mentioned a second referral, just said they would write direct to Brighton.

I was under Charring Cross, it was not good so my DR got me transferred to Daventry.
    Not only do I feel like more than a number now but I've had 2 appts since June and one more in 4 months, thats a minimum of three a year compared to Charring Cross' one every 13 months.
    Huge difference in level of care, transferring was such a good decision.

As a side note this is the first time anyone has checked my genitals, I was asked to compare original size to shrunken size via a set of testicle beads.
    Then after the examination, It seems they are not as huge as I see them lol, I was way off.

Untitled
    Charing cross appears to be the holy grail for TSs in the UK, not sure why. Its possible that Mr Thomas does not need two referrals.

I find it surprising that your genitals were checked, during my route through the care pathway, not once did anyone check my body, just levels of hormones etc, strange indeed.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Hi Becky

Sounds like 'Good News' let's hope all goes well and you move forward. My friend Stephanie is at Charring Cross (GIC) and she isn't being treated too well with appointments either, waiting months for her interviews. So I can understand your concern! I am at the Laurels (GIC) at Exeter and they are excellent and also use the Nuffield Hospital at Brighton. Another TS friend of mine had surgery at the Nuffield and she said they were very good with her. So it maybe good you are now under Deventry as things might now look up for you?.
    Good Luck on your journey, I am right behind you in the queue;

Quote Originally Posted by Nigella View Post
    Charing cross appears to be the holy grail for TSs in the UK, not sure why. Its possible that Mr Thomas does not need two referrals.

I find it surprising that your genitals were checked, during my route through the care pathway, not once did anyone check my body, just levels of hormones etc, strange indeed.
    He wanted a full check, moles, reflexes, heart, blood pressure, lungs, BMI.
    Apparently many people have vascular or undiagnosed hernia that can cause complications in surgery, also ruled out lumps (cancer). Unpleasant but I feel happier knowing all is good.

in a perfect world you get the electrolysis down there.

i am very pleased that i did...i had 2 sessions.. i got a lydocaine shot for them...

Platinum Member
    Good news!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm glad you have a clean bill of health! Best of luck with everything!
    The struggle. She is real.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Becky;

Such great news... Keep banging down the milestones. Way to go now the big wait. Time will blow along and you'll get get there.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Hooray Becky!! you are on the launch pad. Good for you!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Banned Read only
    Great news! We all have to start somewhere, why not at the end of the queue? Before you know it you will be next.

I did have the genital electro but it turned out the doc who did me didn't require it.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    Happy for you, 😊😊
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

Happy for you too, one step closer.

Gold Member
    Every tick off of the list is that much more to add to your smile!