Thread: 34 Years 💕

34 Years 💕

I know so many have had to suffer so much hard ship to be who they are. So I know my story is not necessarily the norm, but I do think that positive story's are important to share. My journey has had some hard ship and loss, no matter how blessed I feel this is not a easy journey take.
    Two and a half years ago at 53 I decided to transition. I got tired asking God to take me that I could not make this decision. Like everyone I was risking everything, wife, children, grandchildren, and our home. I knew I could no longer could live a life that I wasn't. I knew that God was not going to take me home, so I started to think about it myself. Life, death, I chose life.
    So on a Saturday afternoon two and a half years ago I sat down on the couch with my wife to tell her that I was transitioning. We talked and cried for over two hours. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do.
    At the end the of or talk all she could tell me was " I love you today and I can't imagine not loving you " it was at least hope. She had always told me, if you become a woman I don't know how I'll feel, I'm not gay. I started HRT three weeks later and went full time three months later.
    To day is our 34 year anniversary, and I can honestly say that we have grown more as a couple over the last two years than anytime in our marriage. I told my therapist one time that we are doing better now than before I transitioned. I said that was something I never thought I would be saying. I told my wife what I said in therapy, and she just looked at me and said it's because you are so much more happy.
    I do know how hard it is to risk everything, but sometimes the only way to get everything is to risk everything.

Thanks for listening

Janelle
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Janelle
    So happy for you! Funny I told my therapist the same thing last week. Enjoy your anniversary! Yes you took a great risk but that has lead to great rewards. You deserve to be you and happy. I am in Marin County myself.
    Suzanne

Thank you for posting your beautiful and inspiring story, Janelle! May you and your spouse enjoy many, many more years together. Truly, you are Blessed.

My spouse and I have had a precarious couple of years since I started HRT and transitioned, but we are learning to once again love each other. Next month will be our 48th Anniversary.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Lovely to hear Janelle I hope you have many more years together

Myself and Nigella will be celebrating 28 years next Saturday
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Banned Read only
    Beautiful!!! I hope you have many more years together.

Congratulations on your 34th anniversary, my wife and I just got home from eating out to celebrate our 39th!

I'll remember you and your wife in my prayers.

Hugs, Bria

I love happy stories.....keep 'em coming! And happy anniversary. Get her a nice big bouquet of flowers !!!

Wishing you continued happiness....

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Thank you for all your kind words.
    She had flowers waiting for her this morning with her card, she had to work today. I did not have to work but was up at 5:30 just to let her know how much she means to me. I'm cooking a special dinner for the two of us.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

What a lovely post. I'm so glad for you, and your wonderful wife.

Gold Member
    You brought a tear to my eyes, what a beautiful story.
    Best of luck and Happy Anniversary.
    Rader

Gold Member
    Look at these anniversaries! It pains me for those that are no longer celebrating them but I also feel great joy for those that can. Five days after going full time, we celebrated our 25th and the next day I went to work for the first time. Strange timing, but that is just how it worked out. Congratulations Janelle!

Congrats and many more, as a happy couple.

That's great, Janelle!

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Untitled
    Many Congratulations Janelle, may you have many more happy years together

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Look at these anniversaries! It pains me for those that are no longer celebrating them but I also feel great joy for those that can.
    And this Sue is one of the reasons why EVERYONE who is TS has an input into being a TS . It has been said before, especially when the topic of relationships are discussed, how those who have a successful relationship after transition keep quiet because to us it seems wrong to tell everyone. We need these type of posts to balance out the whole picture of being TS.
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Janelle,

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story. I just wish that we could hear more like this. I'm not transitioning, but am spending more time en femme and if anything it is strengthening our marriage (going on 47...). May your relationship continue to grow and deepen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

It is so nice to hear stories of the many couples who continue to love and support one another. Mimi and I celebrated our 26th anniversary last week and our life together just seems to get better and better.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]