Thread: Ouch

Untitled

Ouch

In the UK we have a TV program called "You've Been Framed" its dedicated to showing home video clips, some real doozies.

One particular type of clip always causes me an unexpected reaction...

... women laugh at men who land on/hurt or otherwise have an unexpected impact on their nether regions

... men cringe at the same thing

... Nigella feels a tightening of the meat and two veg that is no longer there, wierd or what?

This is only one of the "phantom" feelings I have had since surgery, hopefully they will fade with time, anyone else get something similar?
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Women laugh when they see this? This is surprising.

I've never had the meat and two veg, and I cringe when I see men (and women) getting kicked in the nether region. I fell hard on the crossbar of a male bike when I was a child and to this day I can still feel the searing pain. I think it is natural to cringe when we see people getting hurt, no matter how or where they get hurt. This is why so many people look away during gory scenes in a movie.
    Reine

I'm surprised at the number of genetic males who seem to feel that women aren't sensitive down there.

Apparently, "America's Funniest Home Videos" has corrupted the Olde Country with its vast variety of guys taking it in the shorts.

I apologize in behalf of all Americans and suggest that a somewhat more upscale selection of programming is in order.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I, for one, thoroughly enjoy some decent honest-to-goodness lowbrow humor. Seeing a dude take it to the nuts is absolutely hilarious, imo. But not because I'm anti-dude and anti-balls, but because I know that shit hurts, that pain is exquisite, and there is just something naturally funny about seeing big, tough, masculine dudes completely fall apart like that after being tagged. Call it a character flaw, call it crude, call it whatever, but I am not alone in this as shows such as America's Funniest Home Videos, The Simpsons, and my personal favorite from back in the day - Jackass - clearly prove . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    I apologize in behalf of all Americans and suggest that a somewhat more upscale selection of programming is in order.
    Completely agree. I've seen that show occasionally over the years with various other people in the room with me. No one I was with ever thought the videos of people getting hurt were funny. Didn't they use sound tracks for the audible laughing?

The reason, I believe, they showed so many people getting hurt on that show is that unfortunately many of us are fascinated by other people's misfortunes. It's like a line of cars slowing down and causing a traffic jam when there is an accident and resulting traffic stoppage in the opposite median. People are morbidly curious. But I don't think they find it humorous.

Anne ... pain is exquisite? Ouch! ... but, my SO loves to eat a high spice level at Thai restaurants. I don't know how anyone can stand that. When it's that high I can't enjoy the food. Maybe it boils down to differing levels of pain tolerance and if some people laugh at vids of people getting hurt, it's because their own pain tolerances are high and so they can't imagine how much it must hurt for the other person?
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Completely agree. I've seen that show occasionally over the years with various other people in the room with me. No one I was with ever thought the videos of people getting hurt were funny. Didn't they use sound tracks for the audible laughing?
    Yes, and I even know one of the engineers who did the "sweetening" of the studio audience laughter for that show. His comment about the show was "You wouldn't believe the videos people submit that we *can't* use on the show!" People would intentionally set up mishaps that caused severe injury simply to get their 15 seconds of fame.

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." [H. L. Mencken]
    Last edited by Eryn; 08-24-2015 at 02:46 AM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Silver Member

Apparently, "America's Funniest Home Videos" has corrupted the Olde Country ...

I apologize in behalf of all Americans ...
    Oh my God. Fall on your sword already.

My two word answer? Benny Hill.
    Lea

Banned Read only
    You know, there is a channel selection button on the TV or remote control button that will change the channel if you do not approve of the current channel content. TV programming is not for those of us over 35 years old. Get used to it or turn the channel. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaP View Post
    My two word answer? Benny Hill.
    Well, there is that!

Still, I think that the US has a solid lead in mindless lowbrow programming. Even lowbrow UK stuff sounds intelligent, probably due to the accents.
    Eryn

Please do not take it upon yourself to apologize on my behalf, Eryn. Seriously. Don't do it.

I'm beyond redemption, and most certainly not worth the time it must take for you to look down upon and judge sophomoric, unsophisticated, puerile, unpolished, unintelligent, MINDLESS whelps such as myself.

Even more, though, I would much rather retain my own appreciation and sense of humor for all things crude, silly, coarse, stupid, and immature than be assimilated into the "more upscale selection of programming" that you would order and impose upon us all.

My name is Anne Kelly, I enjoy "mindless lowbrow programming," and I approve of this message.

So please enjoy the compilation of crotch shots in the video that follows. Or exercise your right to choose *not* to watch it. Either way, I'll be swimming around waaaaaaay down here in the gutter laughing my ass off. I'm sure you will need a really good pair of binoculars to see me from way up top the mountain that you reside . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-c8bv7e6EI
    Last edited by Anne2345; 08-24-2015 at 12:16 PM.

*waves hand* I watched Anne

Geez this thread was supposed to be light hearted
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

I can post more links if that helps!!!!

Like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3arj9cLHA

Yep. I could do this all day long . . . .

Silver Member
    Anne, I can see that your SRS is going to be a laff riot.

The knife flashes! And with a quick "ssssssttt", the skins splits, the blood spurts, and two loud "plops" ring the stainless steel can at the surgeons feet.

Waking up, Anne cries "Hahahahahahahaha!!!! This is exquisite!!! More!!!"
    Remember to post the video.
    Lea

I'll pay to see that one.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Don't think that I won't post the video afterwards!!!! Lol. :-P

Laughing openly at someone else's pain is a strange reaction when you think about it. Being hit in the groin is extremely painful for both sexes and potentially very damaging, yet people find this funny. Why?

I saw a repeat of an old "Everyone likes Raymond" show recently in which his wife hits him so hard in his genitals that he collapses. Everyone laughed their heads of. Now what if he had hit his stage wife in the breasts, how would people react then? Weird!

I lived on a tropical island long ago and once when a ship's hold was being unloaded a full barrel broke loose and landed on a dockworker's toes. HIs mates doubled over with laughter. So, is it a deep trait in us human beings to laugh at such things?

We laugh in relief that it didn't happen to us. And groin-blow shows may be a pleasure; but we should have the common, human decency to regard them as a guilty one--like Nutella.

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Sometimes people laugh for other reasons than humor. They can laugh out of embarrassment or surprise, or to just simply mask uncomfortable feelings. It doesn't help when television shows add laugh tracks, it give the impression that people think the material presented is funnier than it is.

Anyway, to help get this thread back on track, Nigella I think that your reactions are entirely natural, even if you no longer have the meat and two veggies. I'm guessing you would have the same reaction even if you had never had them.
    Last edited by ReineD; 08-24-2015 at 03:47 PM.
    Reine

Reality Check
    I'm with Jorja on this one. Change the channel. I have a couple hundred channels available to me and I've narrowed it down to about fifty that might occasionally have something I want to watch. Out of that fifty, I sometimes cannot find anything worth watching and this could be in "prime time". TV programming is apparently aimed at idiots these days. America's Funniest Home Videos is one of these programs.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaP View Post
    Anne, I can see that your SRS is going to be a laff riot.
    The knife flashes! And with a quick "ssssssttt", the skins splits, the blood spurts, and two loud "plops" ring the stainless steel can at the surgeons feet.
    Ever go to a branding? After seeing the first hundred orchis without anesthesia it gets rather boring.

Unless you're the steer-to-be.
    Eryn

Unless one is anticipating the oyster fry. They are quite tasty.

Leah

(Yes, I've worked cattle.)
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 08-25-2015 at 12:05 AM. Reason: No need to quote the entire preceding post
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Gold Member
    Not had surgery but I imagine it would still cause cringing because though the old parts may be gone, the brain doesn't forget what things used to feel like. I imagine the brain would still be trying to send signals and maybe expecting them.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.