Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this too butch of a bike?

Bikes are a visceral experience and all that really matters is how you feel riding the bike. If you're worrying too much about how you look you are getting way too close to being a RUB.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hell-o Kristi,
    My opinion...... NO ! BUT !!! Is it a "big" girls bike?
    Certainly it is a pretty bike, but it has a rep as a beginners bike.
    If you have experience riding, you may find that it isn't enough, and end up
    replacing it for something with a bit more power in the future.
    Now, as far as CDing and riding your bike..... Haven't done that just yet, but
    have thought about it. I ride a Harley so "biker" gear has to be my choice.
    (I should have bought that damn Ducati) (hint hint) Shit! Just look for a damn Ducati already!
    Check out a 900 Monster, you'll keep it forever!
    Whatever you decide to wrap yourself in before that ride, just cover yourself well!
    The road don't care about your gender!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

WOW- thanks for all the great replies! Yes, I now realize it was kind of a silly question. I was never into the cruiser bikes, but the wife has a Rebel 250 now- so she kind of goes with the look a little.

Sheesh- leathers have gone up in price. Here I am fretting over spending a few hundred on a really cute gown, and I’ll probably be dropping 2-3 times that for pants, jacket boots and gloves. This may be a challenge- sewing/altering leather is not the same as a cheap import dress.

Thanks for all the great links too!

Yes, if you are driving a motorbike, you should present as empowered- good mindset and better safety from other drivers- no question.

I’ve always love the T-Mobile girl- even more so after the bike ad.

The SV650 is significantly tamer than a CrRkt, good mid range torque- not quite like the BMW 65 maybe but not bad. It’s light enough to take it off road with appropriate tires, and I’m fortunate enough to be able to ride in that position for a bit- I sit on a bicycle seat for 4-7 hours at time- can’t be all that much worse… I could wear bike shorts underneath- come to think of it.

I’ll ride it easy at first, until I get to know it- take it apart and re-assemble the critical areas. But my crazy days are over- had access to a 750 GSXR with serious engine work- was faster than the 1100 in everything but flat out. I only ran once- I had borrowed my brother’s bike- older gs1000 geared low- but I was riding normal- a state cop singled me out right near my exit from the freeway. I could not get over how unfair it was- I was not riding bad at all, not speeding. Then it dawned on me that I could be speeding. Took the exit ramp at over 90, hoped a few sidewalks cutting corners- in about ½ mile I had pulled so far ahead of the guy I was walking up the front steps to my house on a sidestreet- bike parked helmet and jacket off- I actually see cop go racing down the main street thinking he’s still chasing me. Too easy to do- too easy to get out of control. I laid off.

I want something versatile, 70 Hp and 45 Tq is plenty for me on a bike that light. More than enough to get out of dodge in a hurry if need be- clearance to take it off the pavement on occasion, light enough to feel like I’m riding it rather than riding on it. It’ll bring back the old ‘glory’ (not really ‘glory’… just pretty good) days of the old XS500B.

I’d rather get a smaller cheaper bike and spend extra on the outfit. I’ll never look as good as Carly Foulks (the T-mobile girl), but if I can shrink my freaking waist down I might be able to pull off a decent feminine silhouette.

The wig would be a worry- but initial ventures would be not stopping anywhere.

Again- thanks for all the responses!

That should really be an ad about women riding bikes. So hot!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krististeph View Post
    I sit on a bicycle seat for 4-7 hours at time- can’t be all that much worse… I could wear bike shorts underneath- come to think of it.
    Oooh! Now if you want to talk cd and those....it's taught me a lot about the different cuts of skirts & dresses...straitjacketed myself once or twice, and I'm a good 10mi from downtown, so it only took once or twice to learn
    Last edited by desertrider; 08-26-2015 at 11:04 PM. Reason: remove html tag

If you don't want a masculine bike, pick any model, and just paint the whole thing pink. Add a pink helmet, pink leather jacket, pink gloves, pink pants and boots and I'm sure no one will be thinking anything at all is masculine. There are lots of bike shops that will paint the bike for you, just tell them it's a present for your wife/GF/fiance or something, and there are vendors on ebay that will make whatever kind of pink outfits you want, including pink boots, you just have to search a few hundred pages to find them, but they are there. Problem solved!

This page gives you an assortment of pink motorcycle ideas, not all are cute-see ones.
    http://www.motorcycleforum.com/showthread.php?t=111894
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 08-26-2015 at 11:19 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Would be a lot cuter in Pink....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

You're making me mourn for my Ducati GT1000 SV650 is a great bike and I think you'll have many great years together! Definitely not a butch bike by any stretch.

As a many years removed sport bike enthusiast (CB900F and 1'st gen Interceptors) I've always thought there was something a bit effeminate about modern sportsbikes. Sharp lines, bold colors -- quite similar to a high-end and edgy designer heel when you think about it. Butch? Absolutely not to my eye at least. Likewise, who would assert a Porsche or Ferrari was 'butch' just because they are fast!

Now, I've not yet seen a comment on the gender orientation of the adventure touring genre of cycling (I.e., dirt bikes with turn signals). My Honda is as butch as they come. Kawasaki makes an adventure bike with some degree of flair -- but once a Honda girl, always a Honda girl!
    Bart: "So Milhouse, what's it feel like riding a girl's bike?"
    Milhouse: "Disturbingly comfortable!"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/robynbrianna/

Way back when I was in the military, some of the folks who wanted to look like they had long hair (Think "Age of Aquarius") would glue hair into the back of their helmets. It looked pretty good, but when the helmet came off the hair underneath was military standard. Gave the officers fits. It might be an idea some could use.
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

Well yes I did it. Cheap old sv650. The seller was a riot and a half- car racer- highly unstable, we got on wonderfully. Red paint. 2001. I’m riding it with an old joe rocket purple ballistic jacket. I feel like a true Polack. :-)

Closeout boots from dennis kirk, etc etc. purple gloves… oh yeah, we are SO doing this…

This butch bitch will not botch this mcy clothing batch!

Last edited by Krististeph; 08-28-2015 at 05:17 AM.

if you like the bike,
    fit the bike,
    know how to safetly ride,
    then buy it and ride.

seen many a gal on a liter race bike. as for leathers, street use most just buy from the mens leathers (price/looks). the tight sexey leathers are more for show. but if your body is good to show off go for a custom set to show off the curves.

me i ride only as the guy, as the bucket messes up my makeup. and the wig stays in the bucket when i pull it off my head.

now if i could find a way around those two problems loni would ride? maybe a full on touring bike with a flip up face bucket?

If I win the lottery, this is on my list...
    http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-...=zero-s-videos

Here in Britain that Suzuki 650 has been a pretty popular bike among women riders since it came out, along with the 400 and 600 Bandit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]