Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Very interested to know why most people here have female names for their usernames.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I did not go by a feminine name for years, just dressed at home. However, once I started venturing out, a name was essential.
    Same for me. I would add that I also wanted a femme nom-de-plume for my online presence as I'm still in the closet, mostly.

Banned Read only
    In my very youthful years I had heard from the lips of my mother her opinion of the perfect family: husband, wife, son and daughter. Well, the son was born first. That is my older brother. So, I was to be a girl. But, alas, my father's sperm thought differently. So, out popped me! Another son. Mom had already picked out a name for a girl; Stephanie, which was the American/English equivalent of my grandmother's name. Mind you, my mother thought so strongly I was to be a girl, she used the name I was given as my brother's middle name. So, when the time name to finally join this site I decided I would use the name I would have been given, if I had been born a girl.

I often wonder if there was some pre-birth nurturing my mother did that gave me a push toward cross dressing. I was a rough and tumble boy in elementary school and junior high. I got into lots of little boy trouble. It was only when sexual feelings started to arise in the mid teen years that a love for feminine attire started to take hold.

Anyway, if a man is going to emulate a woman, dress like a woman, pack a bra with fake boobs, it only seems totally natural to complete the personna with a feminine name.

PS: A decade after I was born mom and dad finally had a daughter. Guess what name she got? Yes, I took her name on the premise I really had first dibs on it.

I prefer this name I chose myself to my male birth name that was assigned to me by someone else. No other reason.

When using my crossdress social pages, I use my female name.

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    I know that for me, it's a plausible (less and less so over time) a layer of Internet "anonymity." My birth name is androgynous, closer toward feminine these days, but the name that I use online and in general company (except for those who know me in either presentation, who often just address me by my birth name), or the one that use here, is a play on my online name.

Did that even make sense? I need more coffee.

Sirena
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

In a very deep closet but I'm opening the door a little to see a new world
    I have the name Melanie because that's my female name it's a big part of my female identity when I dress I'm no longer a man in a dress, I'm Melanie the girl xxx

I chose my female name because it did not feel right to have a male name and to have had one would in my mind defeat the whole object of being able to cross dress, to like lingerie and make up and everything else and feel feminine and gentle. For me it helps to bring out my feminine side, and go into a beautiful if you like fancy world of being and feeling womanly.

I chose my first feminine name when I was about 14. I've changed it a few times over the years but have come to feel that my present name suits me and I love it.
    Why I chose one? Well, forever I wanted to be able to be ME in public and I just could never see being all dressed, makeup, wig, etc out with others and having someone say "So Walter, what do you think?" (Walter is not my name by the way). Even now, when I go out I have this need to be called Cheryl. It's who I am and I deserve to be referred to in this way.
    I know others who say when they are out, say at a restaurant, that they dislike it when the waiter says, "so what can I get you guys" or something like that. That doesn't bother me as I see it all the time when my wife and I go out with others (drab). It's just how people casually address others, but if someone is addressing me personally I really want them to use my name, the one that reflects my presentation and inner feelings.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I don't really know why I have a feminine name other than it helps me ascribe things and behaviors and wishes to whichever side of myself I am at the time, "that's x's hobby, that's something y would like to wear or do," etc. Not in a functional multiple personalities sort of way, but more in a compartmentalization of interests way.

When I was a kid, and allowed to play dress up, I didn't really care. It was just me. When I started again in high school, I'd mentally referred to myself as Andrea, being the feminized part of at least part of my real name. It never felt 'right' but it was 'close enough' so it worked. Then a couple of years later I became Corinne, because I thought it was a pretty name and I'd recently met a Corinne that I'd thought was pretty cute. But, around 13 years ago I started thinking of myself as Alicia, and that's pretty much what I've been since then... until very recently, when my wife told me she couldn't think of me as an Alicia, and in her mind I was more of a Miranda. So I took the two and made Alicia my working 'middle' name, but the sort of thing where it would be "Hi, I'm Miranda Alicia, but only my close family and friends call me Miranda - everyone else calls me Alicia and that's fine."
    - Miranda <3

Non-binary/Questioning
    I have a RPG gaming character who is sort of an alter ego, and she's my female name/self, at least to some degree, though I don't 'identify' as that name. I don't use it here as it would be too easy to connect these accounts. If I were to dress and/or transition more publicly, I would probably choose another name for myself (most likely it would be 'Joanna', but I'm not sure yet).

I just picked 'Mayo' for my forum name as a bad joke.
    Last edited by Mayo; 08-31-2015 at 01:35 PM.