Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 more steps complete

2 more steps complete

Today I changed my drivers license at the California DMV and then went to the Social Security office. Both my license and new social security cards will be mailed to me within 2 weeks. My wife took the day off and went with me. It all worked out! It still has not really sunk in that I am legally Suzanne Nicole Ford.
    Suzanne

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Suzanne;

You are seriously winding me up. I sent in my application 7 weeks ago. I get home next week and can't wait to see if I have a happy gram in the mail... So hey please slow down you're driving me nuts in anticipation.

Hey... You go girl. This is great and you're knocking them down like bowling pins. I just hope I can be doing the same shortly.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

way to go Suzanne
    your an insperation to us all

Felicitations! Did the Social Security office require an updated birth certificate? They did here in Texas, but the confederate state I was born in wouldn't update my gender without a certificate of SRS - even though I had a court order. I eventually got my Social Security record fixed, but it took a while.

Ashley
    They did not require that. I had the court order changing name and gender. I had the temporary document from the DMV. I also had a letter from my doctor with my birthdate along with my old social security card. She did ask if I had original birth certificate with me which I did not.
    Suzanne

Congratulations!

Nobody has asked for my birth certificate. It was all either court decree or doctor's letter (or both).

Social Security was the worst. Two trips of three or four hours each (long wait times), promises that they had everything under control, and nothing. Only got done after I involved my Congresperson's staff. And they told me it took two of them an entire business day!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Way to go, so happy for you. One more step in the journey.

Congratulations, for me my new driver license prior to surgery had me doing a happy dance yet before it arrived it did not seem like a big deal until it arrived and in my hands. Here in Oregon there is nothing indicating a birth certificate change unless you were born in Oregon which I was not.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

Platinum Member
    Congratulations on a couple more official steps taken!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Congratulations!! I'm happy for you

That is so wonderful. It's so liberating not being tied to your dead name, and cringing if someone asks for ID. My bank, before new ID, used to take pleasure in looking at the screen, then at me, and saying 'Good morning MISTER...'
    You have crossed a new threshold, enjoy it.

Jennifer. Hoping there's good news in your mailbox. Welcome back. Call me.

Making big steps each day / each week, congrats on that. Looking good girl

Congratulations, this is one of those milestones in our transition to our true gender.

Untitled
    Happy to see the paper trail is catching up, but you can bet your bottom $ that there will be one piece that gets missed
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Step by step your documents are catching up with who you really are, but I'll second the comment about something getting missed no matter how methodically you go about it.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Gold Member
    I hope they gave you a temporary so the smile can be real big now instead of two weeks from now. Having my name and correct gender on an ID was an emotional moment for me. The picture was awesome!

Social Security went real easy for me. Court Order and Doctor's letter and it was all done. Slight delay because the guy had never done a gender change, but he read the help files and had his boss double check the paperwork and that was it.

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    OMG, congratulations! That's HUGE!
    "I'm a work in progress..."

Look what came in the mail!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Suzanne F; 09-02-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Congratulations! Now I really don't about the name, but if you could share the number, that would make me really care a lot!

Silver Member
    Happy for you Suzanne!

You have always known who you were, and now you have documents that certify who you are. I could hear the joy in your words.

Best wishes
    MsVal
    Quarterly TG Invasions: TgDetroit.com
    Facebook: MsVal Bralt

Suzanne,

It is wonderful to see that you have taken another step in the process of transitioning from mtf. By continuing to post about your transitioning experinces you are providing a road map to many of us who are considering the idea.

Grace

Another step forward.....happy dance time!!!
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Gold Member
    Each and every new document brings a bigger smile!

Hell-o Suzanne,
    Don't ya just love getting special things in the mail!
    Your right, we do deserve to be happy in our life.
    Knowing how happy you must have been when you received
    that little card, makes me happy too.
    Congrats!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!