Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acceptance- Men vs. Women

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    In those circumstances maybe the women are thinking you're having a bit of fun and the guys are thinking weird guy !
    That's exactly what I was thinking too
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I go out with my SO quite often. He dresses very tasteful and doesn't really call attention to himself by wearing "stripper-wear" or "fetish-wear" in public. He doesn't wear bright blue/purple/green eye shadow or ruby red lipstick. The makeup is understated and well done. The younger women usually will say something nice to him (I like your shoes, boot, dress, nails, etc). Some of the older women will comment; always in a positive manner (how often do you go out? why do you CD?) They are also usually very polite. Most men (except the trolls) just ignore him. He's had very few negative comments and those were from other men.

Some of the CDers that we know do go out in clothes that is typical of a "working" woman. Guys try to pick them up, there is a lot of hooting and whistling.

I don't think most women find CDers "threatening" or "competition". I support what Kimdl93 said - that type of thinking is a CD fantasy.

Soooo, my thought is that the presentation makes a difference as to how the public responds.
    Last edited by char GG; 08-31-2015 at 04:40 PM.

I've been at many behind the scenes chats of both men and women. On the surface women seem more accepting and will even chat you up. After you're out of earshot, that have a lot to say and half of it is not flattering. You become a topic of great conversation and get dissected. In lengthy detail. In essence, to the ladies encountering you has great entertainment and conversational value after the fact.

Guys on the other hand do notice, but often don't remark. Out of ear shot the conversations (at least the ones I've been pulle into) are brief and definately disrespectful, but don't last long. Men who dress like women just make them uncomfortable. It's an affront to the man card, and non-CD men don't even like to talk about it.

Just my humble observations . .

I was out as Angela on Sunday shopping and dining (bad quality picture attached lol) and had no problems whatsoever. Yesterday I decided to go without makeup and wig. Just wore a pair of jeggings, pink running shoes and a black purse. To my surprise i did not get many odd looks even from older persons. I just think that society is becoming more accepting. And if not accepting they just don't care. Either way i'm fine. My original post was just my perceptions but I see there is a wide variety of opinions.

IMG_0129.jpg