Hi, I'm Sarah, except when I'm Dave.

I tend to talk about my "other" self in the third person, refer to my "girl side" and my "guy side". I don't believe I really do behave a lot differently en femme than I do the rest of the time, but I've been told by several perceptive people that there are big differences. They extend from how I engage in conversation to how I move, there are multiple behaviors that I would have thought were the same, but must not be.

Unlike things I used to believe, I compartmentalize a lot more than I thought I did. As much as I push toward integrating all facets of my life into a single unified person, I'm not making the progress I'd like to. I know it's necessary to keep some things apart until I actually come out to others, but when that happens it would be interesting to have the only real difference be my appearance and choice of clothing. How have you been successful in breaking down the walls you have built between your male and female sides? Is it necessary or does it produce a muddle that doesn't feel right? What behaviors have been the easiest to blend? What have been your most difficult challenges?