Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sitting crossed legged

alexis, see the above post of mine with the pic I linked to....

Hey, I sit cross leg a lot myself, but I don't make this one a part of what might be gender stuff. I just think its comfortable for just about anyone man or woman who can do it. Somehow, the very recent times here in the U.S. are getting this kind of mindset where something so simple as sitting with you legs crossed is a fem thing. Yet, the pic I linked to, one of the pinnacles of masculinity of his time, Sean Connery in the Bond movies sat knee over knee. Certainly nothing fem about him or the way he was sitting, it was the norm back then for anyone to sit. The U.S. cowboy redneck culture is making it impossible for men to be anything other than frozen autonomous zombies.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Read only
    How about twisting your legs up like a pretzel, I don't do that myself but just curious? 😐

I cross at the ankles.
    My thighs are to big otherwise.

Never can sit cross-legged something always gets in the way - my leg muscles?

Julie

I'm crossed legged whether male or female...just feels comfy!

when I'm dressed or not I always cross my legs , either sitting on my couch or at the computer , guess it's a force of habit

Cross legged.
    Sophia.

Aspiring Member
    I would cross at the ankle with my knees together and I sat cross-legged too

Crossed leg had become more comfortable.

Banned Read only
    Always cross legged

Banned Read only
    When en femme I sit either with my knees together or crossed at the knees. When my knees are together both feet may be flatfooted or may be swept a little to my right side under the chair. I sit with the legs swept to the side because of my six foot height. If the pan (seat) of the chair is too high off the floor my knees would be higher than my butt. That's uncomfortable. Observe women sitting on chairs. If they are sitting in a doctor's office for instance in soft chairs, they'll sink into the chair and instinctively sweep their feet to one side. That way their knees will be lower than their butt. It's is much more comfortable.

Other times, obviously when the chair's pan is high, I will sit with my left knee crossed over my right knee.

In either case before you still down in a dress or skirt smooth the skirt of the dress with your hands so you don't have it bunch up as you sit. Also, according to my wife, if you wear a tight fitting skirt or dress expect the hem to ride up about three inches. A fuller skirt or dress will lay further down on the knees when sitting. And, wear panties.

Always cross legs for me. I can't stand the men who sit with legs apart or slumped in a seat with their feet way out in front with their fly right in the centre of the view.

Quote Originally Posted by susan54 View Post
    I think this is an American thing. Lots of UK guys including this one sit with their legs crossed at the knee. It means nothing.
    I would tend to agree. I've yet to encounter any male in my family or friends who never sits cross-legged (either crossed at knee or crossed at ankle)
    When at my desk I tend to sit with legs crossed at the ankle and either out in front or tucked under my chair. In social situations, it can be 'not crossed at all', 'crossed at the knee' or 'crossed at the ankle' depending on my mood / the context! Only difference between drab and en-femme is that I pay more attention to keeping my knees together when en-femme!

In male mode I'll hold masculine posture, both out of comfort and status.

While dressed, always crossed or together at least. It drives me crazy seeing a female with splayed legs in public for far too many reasons. It's just not proper.
    Just Roll With It

When dressed, I always cross my legs. When I'm in guy mode, it's whatever is comfortable.

Always crossed in some manner. (in girl mode, of course)

When in femme I sit cross legged or knees together and crossed at ankles. when in drab, I sit how a dude typically sits... air 'em out. lol

how do you cross your legs without your dress/skirt riding up, with slik panties an under slip and pantyhose/stockings I find my skirt or dress rides up and due to my height my knees are always higher than my waist when sitting so this riding occurs also when my legs are fully crossed over there is no way I can keep my skirt or dress pulled down because it just rides up legs because of the silky material.