Thread: possiblle move, looking for info

possiblle move, looking for info

to all my gal friends out there, got a question for you. Looking for answers and information.

I have been presented with the option of possibly moving to the Jasper, tennessee area. this is a SMALL community in the foothills above Chattanooga. Being pretty much a Calif girl, i realize i might be stepping back in time if i do this, but more importantly, i am looking for any information on attitudes, thoughts, weather info, clothing styles that are the norm there.

Are there any sisters from that area? Any sisters from Tn?

Am i walking into a death trap? both in attitude, style, safety?

Just looking for answers, insights, and information.

Thanks all.

I cant really offer you much info.
    But I have bought a house north of Chattanooga,
    people for the most part are very friendly, but being from Massachusetts,
    go just about anywhere and the people are friendlier.

I know there are others in the area that have lived there longer.
    Hopefully they will chime in and give you some better insight
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Great to hear from you! I live in Murfreesboro just southeast of Nashville . The mountains are beautiful but you would find a more progressive and accepting community in the Nashville area. Kind of redneck in Jasper.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Marsha,

I've no experience of the place but I do hear that there is a Chattanooga Choo Choo, so transport links should be no problem. Hope this helps?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHIn5S-RbY

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Hi Marsha,

I'm from Cali myself and in Chattanooga right now. It's a pretty progressive town down by 5he waterfront. But, from my experience in the South, it's not too safe for us girls outside of an urban area.

I have been scrutinized quite heavily as a dude that has long hair and wearing progressive clothing with no beard or goatee.

There are many in rural areas here that would make great sport out of girls like us. They absolutely do not understand and we are gay in their eyes, which means fair game for violence.

I have spoken to the indigenous people here and, believe me, they don't get it.

So, if you want to dress in old town Chattanooga, you're probably okay,just don't dress on the way to or from in case you break down or something.

If in a rural area or small town, I would have to say that dressing could bring you violence. No doubt.

It's a beautiful area, but not conducive to our activity. Perhaps someone from here might have a different perspective, but that is how I perceive the environment here.

Hey Marsha, I live in rural west TN and I've never had a problem (yet). I go out (mostly shopping) on a regular bases. Most people are nice,friendly and mind their on business even if they think is that a guy but hey there are rednecks in every part of the nation, not just the south. East TN is one of the most beautiful places in the U.S. and Chattanooga does have a really great down town and water/river front area. There are several sisters from that area plus you'll be in driving distance of Nashville, Knoxville and Atlanta. I hope you love it there.

thanks friends.,
    While nothing is set AT ALL, we are going to visit the area mid oct to check it out. Have a realtor we will be seeing, and a couple of addresses that we will visit if they are still available. the attitude towards us i expect and this causes me turmoil. i am not looking for confrontation, or ill will. this is one of my private concerns. In my profile, i call myself a 'content, closet dresser' , not really wanting to upset the apple cart.

thanks for the comeback, all insights, however small or large they are, are important i am excited, curious, and concerned all at the same time.

if there are any gals living in the area, i would love to here from you.
    thanks
    Last edited by marsha leanne; 08-30-2015 at 10:49 AM.